Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   I got owned at the stealership.... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/290424-i-got-owned-stealership.html)

LT2004ever 02-15-2007 11:32 AM

I got owned at the stealership....

Ok, so heres the rundown.... i decided to share this story just cause i thought someone would get a good laugh out of it :)

Ok maybe like on the 2nd of Feb, i was driving around, after the snow, and it got kinda hot in my car, so i decided to roll down the windows half way..... after a while of driving, when i tried to roll them back up, my passenger side window wasn't bitin'. It just would not go up. So i reach over and try to roll it up with the passenger side button... nada. So i drive back to the dorms, upset and ticked cause my window decided to stop working right when it starts snowin... so i sit in my car in the parking lot, and start checking fuses... everything is good, but since its 10pm i cannot take off the door panel or n e thing, to see the prob, so i have to be ghetto, and put a towel in the window, for the night. I woulda spent the nite in my car, but it was way too cold. n e ways, after cruising the forums for people who have had similar probs, i figure im going to have to buy something:hithead: ... ARG!! just when i get enough money for Guitar Hero II, so im ticked:hithead: . So then next morning i take off my door panel and everything, and everything looks perfect... i don't understand at all:hithead: but n e wayz, after running out of ideas, im like screw it stealership here i come... So i look at the clock and its too late, i have to wait till Monday! ARG!! so Monday rolls around and no one has broken into my car. So i roll up to the stealership, and i can just see their faces thay are ready to find something wrong and charge the crap out of me.:rtfm::evil: So i explain to the service rep what the prob is:help: , and so him and like 3 other guys gather around my car. They start talking and stuff, so im like dang. He asks for my key, and sits down in my car, and then turns it on ok? Then He looks around, presses the CHILD SAFETY BUTTON!!! #$#@(&@%#$)(#$%)($&%#$()&#%^)@(&$:yell:^($%UTIHWGI ROHG#$*T!T$(TTU!$#T#$TH%$T(*T!GRBHJI^%H
and rolls up my window!! MY face looked like this :damn: yea... can u believe it. so i apologize for wasting their time, and stuff, and drive off really embarrassed. i know they were like :giggle::haha:

Yea so thats it...

bamb00 02-15-2007 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by LT2004ever (Post 4145521)
So then next morning i take off my door panel and everything, and everything looks perfect... i don't understand at all:hithead:

not to be an ass, but i knew where the problem was when i read to here :rofl:

LT2004ever 02-15-2007 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by bamb00 (Post 4145524)
not to be an ass, but i knew where the problem was when i read to here :rofl:

yea but see the thing is, i would keep periodically checking to see if it would just magically start working. But the thing is, i coulda sworn i cut off the the child safety locks, when i check some of the times. idk... :shrug:

grn2k1civic 02-15-2007 11:44 AM

LOL that is great. I am sorry you went through all that trouble haha. But hey look at the bright side you wont make this mistake again lol.

tuningmycivic 02-15-2007 11:50 AM

pwned....

a lot of us have done that man, but none have posted about it.

speedricerx 02-15-2007 11:51 AM

:_doh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its funny how the safety button works in our cars huh.. you should be able to control the passenger window from the driver's side even with the safety on, but u can't... its weird

flipmoderacer02 02-15-2007 12:05 PM

:_doh:

LT2004ever 02-15-2007 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by grn2k1civic (Post 4145527)
LOL that is great. I am sorry you went through all that trouble haha. But hey look at the bright side you wont make this mistake again lol.

truth... never again. I bet they have a pic of my face on the security cam :) I coulda sworn i was on punked or something, cause i couldn't believe what i did.

hwt101 02-15-2007 12:16 PM

thats fn funny, its always teh dummest shit that never gets checked b\/c your thinking nah it couldnt be that

gearbox 02-15-2007 12:32 PM

lol that happened to me except the switch really was broken. i just found one on ebay tho for cheap

02BLKCIVIC 02-15-2007 12:38 PM

Guitar Hero is the shit!

johnbt23 02-15-2007 12:39 PM

:lol:

Makeo 02-15-2007 01:01 PM

:lol:
guitar hero rocks!!

TRIZ 02-15-2007 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic (Post 4145532)
pwned....

a lot of us have done that man, but none have posted about it.

true that^^ I knew exactly what the problem was because when I changed my "door inserts" to red, and installed everyting back in, my window didnt work, and I was pissed... I remember having a set of wrenches that I did something with. I finally told my dad and i'm like "my civic is a pos, the windows broken." hes like, "yeah, at least the window is up though." So I got to clean out the crap from my mess and decided to check the window button. And it works... haha, I was amazed, furious, and happy all at the same time. Been there buddy. With a coupe, you just dont understand fully why there is a window lock button for a window that is just a quick reach to your right- With a sedan, i'm sure I woulda worked that button in the first few seconds.

:sweet:

lxcivic2k1 02-15-2007 01:16 PM

I did the exact same thing, took off the door everything ok, so I was like blown motor. I took it to firestone but they were slow so I bought a service manual and was reading and it mentioned something about the safety switch.......(first thoughts) "**** NO!!!!!!" ran downstairs and it went up. :lol:

I ****ing hate how the buttons locks out both sides instead of just the passenger/s. No other car I've driven does that, which is why it ****ed me.

Atleast you just got embarressed and not raped with a fee.

Oh....and Guitar Hero is teh shit, 1st one is better tho, 2nd one sucks in comparison IMO.

sl33pyriceboi 02-15-2007 01:28 PM

hahah this is one awesome story....... but know this, you drove away....and i bet the stealership's faces were like =\ "aww we cant take his money"

ragingSPAM 02-15-2007 01:31 PM

omg that was hilarious...hahaha good one man

phuviano 02-15-2007 01:46 PM

I had good laugh at this story.

LT2004ever 02-15-2007 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi (Post 4145584)
hahah this is one awesome story....... but know this, you drove away....and i bet the stealership's faces were like =\ "aww we cant take his money"

Yea, and i didnt give them the chance to check n e thing else to mysteriously come up with another prob

Str8UpCivic 02-15-2007 02:12 PM

bro that is priceless... i love it! haha ya it happens to all of us at one time or another...maybe not go all the way to the dealership but it happens lol. but ya u know ull NEVER make that mistake again!

LT2004ever 02-15-2007 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Str8UpCivic (Post 4145607)
bro that is priceless... i love it! haha ya it happens to all of us at one time or another...maybe not go all the way to the dealership but it happens lol. but ya u know ull NEVER make that mistake again!

i wont... i swear i wanted to take that button out after that day

sql_civic 02-15-2007 10:46 PM

I'm not a fan of the power windows. Thankfully, my 97 DX has them - NOT.

...but I've done other stupid shit.

FreedomEagle 02-15-2007 10:55 PM

hahah good stuff man loved the story

Rufus 02-15-2007 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC (Post 4145559)
Guitar Hero is the shit!

I love Free Bird at the end of Medium. Hard is kicking my ass though.

AmbulanceMonkee 02-15-2007 11:27 PM

+1 for having the nuts to post this. glad you got it worked out.

it's weird tho, when i go to stealership, i have the opposite problem. my car pisses coolant all over the place, and they can't find a damn thing wrong with it.

Taffy 02-16-2007 12:03 AM

Good Story.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You deserve an award for best use of Smileys in a post.

Oh yeah this happened to me on a friend's car. I was changing out speakers and put it all back together and the window wouldn't roll up. I was like WTF! I checked all wires and took it back apart and all. After like an hour of checking and getting ready to pay for him to get it fixed, I was like oh wait, WTF, the window lock switch it pushed in. :hithead:

CocaineInMyBrain 02-16-2007 01:04 AM

wow

paragraphs are your friend

LT2004ever 02-16-2007 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 4145803)
I love Free Bird at the end of Medium. Hard is kicking my ass though.

that song is hard as crap, but its fun! i haven't yet mastered all of medium yet, those off beat songs still mess with me :) plus im not a fan of shifting my hand lol.

Originally Posted by PD Chico (Post 4145828)
Good Story.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You deserve an award for best use of Smileys in a post.

Exactly, what else are they there for?? to animate a post lol:lol:

hondoer27 02-16-2007 05:59 AM

Ive done this before too but it only took a sec to see what I had done

chawski 02-16-2007 06:20 PM

i actually had the same problem, only my master switch was dead. all i have to say about that is that honda is very proud of their plastic....the switch ran me like $60