Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Custom Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice
Custom Exhaust

Ok so i bought a magnaflow 14827 muffler and plan on getting custom piping from a shop. I was thinking about the sound and resonator and as i was looking at my stock exhaust i dont see anything that looks like a resonator! so now i need to know if im just missing it or if there is no resonator in the piping? I have an 05 lx auto 2dr.
also anyone with this muffler....does the tip stick out at all?
thanks
Old 02-10-2007
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice
nvm about the resonator...i thought I was looking at the back of the muffler!
just have the question about the tip!
thanks
Old 02-10-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light
the tip does look a little long, but since you are doing custom piping you can position the muffler however you want... just show the welder how you want it to look like
Old 02-10-2007
Official Wish He Knew It All

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HyeHonda05 will become famous soon enough
You have a resonator...its just after the where the axle portion of our stock exhaust connects to the midpipe section. Its the cylindrical shaped object. Trust me, I had mine cut out when I had my custom axle back done....
Old 02-10-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
time for the after market EX conversion with the block/headers back. I hate how that cat is built into our headers!
Old 02-11-2007
Registered!!

not doing the ex conversion. was gona cost too much and wouldnt pass smog! so just gona do the cat back exhaust. so anybody used a vibrant resonator or know of any good cheap ones?
Old 02-11-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
It will pass smog if after EX headers you put a cat in, like the random tech pipe that dezod sells- you just have to buy O2 sensor extention cables, or wire your own.. then you hang the catback on and bolt and you got your own setup.
Old 02-11-2007
Registered!!

in cali u cant move the o2 sensor positions or else it wont pass. so id have to buy a kamikaze header and then the tanabe down pipe. its just not worth all that money. i mean ima get the custom exhaust for under 250. thats barely enough for a new header!