Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Please help..Temptation sucks! Civ or VW

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Please help..Temptation sucks! Civ or VW

Man this sucks! I have my 01 coupe since new. It's payed for and the title is mine. I have put every 81k miles on it. I know the car very well and have always done all my own maintenance. Here's the deal...My wife's uncle buys vw passats and sells them. He does all the maintenance then sells. He has a mint 1999 vw passat black with v6 loaded. He only wants 6700 for the car with 119k miles. New water pump and timing belt with new tires...I have no idea where he finds such nice vw

He offered to trade straight up and he would sell my car and give me the remainder of the money. nada on my car is 8500.

What should I do???????
Old 01-17-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
VW w/ 119mi = disaster waiting to happen ... I wouldn't do it man (.02)
Old 01-17-2007
Tire Spin

Str8UpCivic will become famous soon enough
listen to kev. A VW with that many miles is IMO a big No No...
Old 01-17-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
I like VWs and all, but trading your car for a car that's 2 years older, has 40k more miles, and a completely unknown maintenance history is a bad idea. I'd keep your car.
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
keep your car. i second what everyone has said so far. not worth it.
Old 01-17-2007
Since 2002 Baby!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
DO THE TRADE AND GET THE VW. REPAIRS HAPPENS TO ANY CAR. sure VW might some problems, but what you mentioned above, is the majors that happen with passats. so I don't think u have to worry, plus you uncle is gonna do any repairs anyways. I got an 03 with 44,000. i hear about all kinds of things. But they are great cars. GO FOR IT!
Old 01-17-2007
Registered!!

skoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for all the support
Old 01-19-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
VW suck. They break down all the time - pass on it.
Old 01-19-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
yes.......stick with ur civic......

are get getting the point to you? hahahah

but seriously...dont trade it...

and the v6 will make a big difference....form a ECO car....to a pos gas guzzling v6 from VW
Old 01-19-2007
Registered!!

tnel2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
my gf has a vw and NOTHING at all has gone wrong with it for 4 years.....where do you guys get that the vw has bad cars????
Old 01-19-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
I said nothing about it being a bad car, just that it's older, with more miles and he has no idea what's been done to it over those 120k miles.
Old 01-19-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
VW is german made... remember the holocost? yeah... your cars going to die with everone else who owns a VW too- at least you'll be part of the croud!
Old 01-19-2007
Registered!!

hondoer27 will become famous soon enoughhondoer27 will become famous soon enough
Keep the CIVIC!!!!
Old 01-19-2007
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light
Civic - FTW.
Old 01-19-2007
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
dude u can get a benz for that price lol..... not worth on a vw esp..... u can get a C or E class for like 2-3 g's more
Old 01-19-2007
Registered!!

BiggyQ is an unknown quantity at this point
the vw isn't worth the trade for money and the civic.