Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

traded in my 7th gen

Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ringflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
traded in my 7th gen

I bought a car before I left Winnipeg. I was absolutely sick and tired of my civic, and wanted something new, with pep, and warranty. Well, I'm going to admit, once GM started making the G5's in Coupes, they really caught my eye. Yes, I know, I went from a Honda to a GM, I'm nuts. Well, so be honest, my Honda experience wasn't all its hyped up to be. I'll leave it at that, since I'm way too freaking excited about the new car to start getting down about the car I had before.

So, Boxing Day, my boyfriend and I went to local winnipeg pontiac dealership to see how much I would get for my civic (would have been about 2g to safty it, and I didnt have the time, money or patience to deal with a safty, and I didnt want to have my parents drive the car half way across the country). So they gave me a fair quote on the car, and we started talking numbers, and what I wanted in the car.

Basically I wanted a Pontiac G5: white exterior, Black leather interior, sunroof, GT model, and manual transmission, etc. The ONLY one left in Canada that matched my specs was located in Chilliwack, BC. So I bought the car from McNaught in Winnipeg, and they had the car shipped to Victoria, BC (where I moved to last thursday). It was supposed to be here thursday, but there were some hold ups, but it finally came in today! I picked it up today at 2

I honestly couldn't be happier with my purchase! I got a really good deal on it, and because I finished High School in the last 4 years (well, 2.5 years ago really), GM Canada pays my first 2 monthly payments, so I dont make a payment till march, I had 850$ won on Wish and Win, and a fair amount for my trade in :Pickle

Some of the specs are...

2007 Pontiac G5 GT

Exterior: Summit White
Interior: Ebony w/Leather Seats
Seats: Sport Contoured Front Bucket Seats Incl.
Wheels: 17" x 7" Aluminum Incl.

Selected Options Change
Engine: 2.4L I4 SFI VVT DOHC ECOTEC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Getrag w/Overdrive
Tires: P205/50R17 AS Performance Radial BW
Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/MP3 Capable CD/XM Satellite
XM Satellite Radio
Heated Driver & Front Passenger Cushions

Bumper to bumper - GM TOTAL Warranty 36 months/60,000 km
Powertrain limited - 60 months/160,000 km
Roadside assistance - 60 months/160,000 km
Corrosion perforation - 72 months/160,000 km
Courtesy transportation - 60 month/160,000km

173 hp, 163 ft lb of torque - just a BIT more than the civic..
Brakes - 4 wheel disc
etc..

all in all, I'm very excited, and so happy its finally here. I've been waiting for it since December 26th! lol I picked it up with 14 kms on it! It still smells like new, and the trunk smells like the factory paint! ahaha

and finally, some pics. It was a little cloudy today, and it rained a little bit earlier, but here

the tires still have the little nubby things on them!

I am VERY impressed with how GM has put together this car, along with the G6( my boyfriend has a 2006 G6 GTP). The interior is definitly something to write home about (and in fact, I did, lol), the exterior I like much more than the styling of the Civic (sorry guys), and well, it handles a LOT better than my old car, its got sooooo much more power, it sounds awsome, the response is fantastic, and the features that it came with, well, lets just say I have a bedtime story for tonight

<--- me since 2pm today! ehehe

and try not to hate too much guys, I know you love your civic's, but it just wasn't for me ya live and learn
Old 01-08-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
needs a drop lol looks really nice though...i love white
Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

solo20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
its nice but IMO i would have stuck with the civ..... but nice car tho
Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

gmag21 will become famous soon enoughgmag21 will become famous soon enough
too bad u couldnt stick with vic but very nice ride
Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

Spartacus is an unknown quantity at this point
I liked the body of this car. Tho this being the 1st time seeing the interior...Ihave to say its not attractice at all. Personally, I would ahve gone with 07 si/ navi/ cus its faster, handles better, and oh yeah.....it's a Honda.
Old 01-08-2007
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
i like it...enjoy!!
Old 01-08-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Wait.... is that a pontiac cobalt?

... and the check engine light is on already haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

EM2 Shinobi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1

Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

ESK1k20A2 will become famous soon enough
Nice Ride But Nothing Like A Civic
Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1

Civic ftw!
Old 01-08-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Its nice and all but the value of that thing is not good at all!! I bet you in 1 yrs time its only gonna lose half its value new!!
Old 01-08-2007
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
I like it.

As long as you're happy so are we
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

thanks Eeeeeeh. I prefer this one over the Civic, but I had issues with it, and bad luck with it... so that may have been why I didnt go with another Honda.

Oh, and whoever mentioned it earlier, the 07Si with somewhat the same features that come STOCK on my new car, is at least another 7g CDN. IMO, not worth it. the only honda I would honestly get now-a-days is an 06+ Accord V6 EX 6Spd Coupe, or an Acura, but there's not way in hell I'm going to pay for the name Acura
Old 01-09-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
What is ECOTEC?
"Corrosion perforation - 72 months/160,000 km" should take it back in 71 months and point to the rotors.

Its a decent looking car, yeah its not a civic everyone, but she didnt like the civic. I look at it and see a few things I would change. HID's, sidemarkers, a drop for sure, and a grille that would loose the down aarow symbol, and a stubby antenna so you dont got that dune buggy looking thing in the rear. Then a tint and your good to go. How about an engine bay pic?
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

tint is illegal on the front windows here, and Im not going to bother just doing the back windows. lowering is in the agenda, along with intake and exhaust (eventually, although it sounds really good right now). I like the grille, its one of the things that first caught my eye, reminds me of the G6, and that's what I would have if a) my boyfriend didnt already have a 2006 G6 GTP, lol and b) had the money.
Old 01-09-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
get some eye lids or have a shop paint em on.......those headlights are so huge looking.......kinda makes the front ugly......other wise, the rear and body is awesome....

hope u really enjoy it...
Old 01-09-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Looks nice. I'm not thrilled with the interior, but the outside looks good, and it's your car, not mine. I really like my Honda, but I can certainly understand you buying something else if you had bad experiences with honda. Enjoy your new car.
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AmbulanceMonkee
Looks nice. I'm not thrilled with the interior, but the outside looks good, and it's your car, not mine. I really like my Honda, but I can certainly understand you buying something else if you had bad experiences with honda. Enjoy your new car.
what he said with ice-cream on top...
Old 01-09-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
I had a 2.4l in my old as pontiac grand am and it was the worst iron block aluminum head motor in the word. keep an eye out for headgasket leaks.
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

hondoer27 will become famous soon enoughhondoer27 will become famous soon enough
It kinda looks like a cobalt. But if you like it that is all that matters
Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
some of this and you'll be good to go..... minus hood and bad job on headlites

Old 01-09-2007
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice
pontia colbalt!!!.lol