all you that have turbo'd vics!!! - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2006   #1  
Registered!!

D17master081 is an unknown quantity at this point
all you that have turbo'd vics!!!

i plan on turboing my vic....and i wanna no is it worth it and like what type of gains should i expect....the difficulties and everything and yes before you all own me and say search i already did....i found bits and pieces but i'd rather a strait answer from all you that already turbo'd your car.....also if you could post up any pics or vids....thanks!!!
D17master081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #2  
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
if you look in the top tool bar to the right there is a button that says "search". Use it. there are like 234562547247 threads about this already.
spoonEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #3  
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by D17master081 View Post
i plan on turboing my vic....and i wanna no is it worth it and like what type of gains should i expect....the difficulties and everything and yes before you all own me and say search i already did....i found bits and pieces but i'd rather a strait answer from all you that already turbo'd your car.....also if you could post up any pics or vids....thanks!!!
obviously not enough...
Devani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #4  
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you have the money you can make a decent amount of power with the soch.
BCCentaur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #5  
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
Yeah, you can easily bolt on over 500hp no problem. Buy the biggest turbo kit you can afford and then put a huge shot of nitrous on there. Youd be good to go.
Old 12-19-2006   #6  
Registered!!

junior h.m is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonEM View Post
Yeah, you can easily bolt on over 500hp no problem. Buy the biggest turbo kit you can afford and then put a huge shot of nitrous on there. Youd be good to go.
im thinking about this really bad
junior h.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #7  
omgwtfbbq mod.

Its so simple. Making power with these motors is soo easy.
Old 12-19-2006   #8  
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
You don't even need to reinforce the engine internals...some dood in europe made 350+WHP...just go buy a fatty turbo and rig that **** up like Spoon said! You freaking whinnie!
Boggie1688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #9  
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough
man guys take it easy on him. yes, if he looked a little harder in the search section all of his answers could be found. and yes, his name is d17master and hes asking questions about a d17? but anyways, im not turboed, but i have read alot about our cars with turbos, to me, it sounds like to just put a turbo on, your looking at 250hp max. but with alot of money, you could probably make a pretty nice engine. d17s are finally getting some attention, there is a d17 in the forced induction section that is just under 400hp. do some more research, and if you have a few extra grand, put a turbo on. but if you want just a mean engine, be prepared to spend the money and time to do it right.
2002civicLX2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #10  
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
There are multiple FAQs devoted to this topic. Start reading, and you'll find everything you want to know, and more.

start here:http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=174045
AmbulanceMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #11  
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
IBTL, btw.
AmbulanceMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #12  
omgwtfbbq mod.

i was joking btw....should have cleared that up.
Old 12-19-2006   #13  
Registered!!

susuking is on a distinguished road
yeah free post!!!
susuking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #14  
Registered!!

jonjon81 is an unknown quantity at this point
go k20..thats what im savin' for.
jonjon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #15  
Registered!!

gmag21 will become famous soon enoughgmag21 will become famous soon enough
ya get a k20
gmag21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #16  
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i <3 boost.
skipbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #17  
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
im only boosting 5psi on stock motor and i own stock/lightly modded type s. boost is worth it imo.
boosted.es2 is offline   Reply With Quote