Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Who's Civic runs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute
Who's Civic runs?

Ok im tired of hearing about all these problems. Who's Civic ran fine today? Sorry it’s a pointless thread but people who come to the site may get the wrong idea. People don't ever post when their car is running well so I figured I would start it off. I think these cars are pretty reliable, most of the problems are caused by driver error, driving it to hard or mods that don't work correctly. I'm even beginning to wonder if the trannys aernt so bad even though my GF's auto went out at ~50k (she drives hard)Who is with me?
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Car has been running strong for 60K and plenty of members on here have 100,000+ with no issues as well. It's those few hundred that got the short end of the stick from honda with those issues we keep hearing about.
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

mattyg23 has a spectacular aura aboutmattyg23 has a spectacular aura aboutmattyg23 has a spectacular aura about
im at 75k and everything seems to be running smoothly
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
50k and running perfect, might have a joint going out, but drives perfectly! Yay for my great milage civic!
Old 11-06-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I have 95,000 miles and my car's never thrown an engine lite or ran funny for as long as I've owned it.
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

Buds302 will become famous soon enough
yea werd dude...i came here and i was like...i found nuthin but problems...? maybe i should sell my ride! anyway, my car has 70000 miles on it and it runs good for me. ive owned it a total of 2 weeks now...lol it had its first problem in it last night. i did a burnout, and then it ran funny, hooked it up to scanner and it said CYL 1 misfire. ok, no problem. took the plugs out and the 1st cyl the prong was bent over and touching the electrode? i dunno. they seemed to be the OEM plugs anyway..they were denso plugs. i replaced all four and its fine now.
Old 11-06-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
So that goes to show why you shouldn't be doing burnouts...
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

jrb121180 will become famous soon enough
03 with 76k runs great. so long as you keep your oil changed and do general maintenance then a honda should run forever. the only problem i have is with my stupid gas gauge, but ive got use to that.
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

civic4dizoor is on a distinguished road
2002 civic sedan lx a\t 79k running strong no probs , oilchanges every 5k-7k , tranny fluid changed twice .
Old 11-06-2006
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
01, 60k, running fine, drove out to this hole in the wall mexican place this morning and got a stomach ache. Got me back in about half that time to take care of my business!
Old 11-06-2006
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
01 em2, tranny broke at 60k currently about 85ish tho miles(isk exactly, i have a type R gauge cluster).

been threw a k24 hybrid and currently a k20a3. getting my built k24 back soon. getting a tsx tranny with long gears and 4.4 finial, lsd, and a gt42R turbo kit soon
Old 11-06-2006
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
well, eventhough i have 70k miles, i still feel confident that my car can still run another 70k miles....you can rest assure that a honda will last a LOT LONGER than many cars on the road......dont worry by a few problems, their will always be minor glitches, so to speak, you have to remember its still a mechanical movable object and things are bound to get something wrong. But with Honda, its not as bad, well probably a few peeps in here have tranny problems.
Old 11-06-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
94k and still no problems that I havent caused...lol
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
jus 33k and runnning better than new, literally
Old 11-06-2006
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute
lol ya I know the cars are good it just gets boring seeing the same "my tranny broke" "my car wont start" "I got this CEL" threads. Whats funny is when im with my GF I almost always drive and I still love her car. This is why im buying another one even though I had an S2K.
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
my car has 66,000 and still runing good but time to sell it and get something faster.
Old 11-06-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
I've got almost 37k on my 04 DX coupe. I'm responsible for 12k of that. I change the oil every 3-4k despite the recommended 5k interval. I run 87 octane fuel and drive the car hard sometimes. I've never hit the rev limiter. I've only ever had two problems with the car. I had a squeak in my clutch, which after multiple trips to the dealer and replacing the clutch master cylinder under warranty was solved by them sanding a little rust off the slave cylinder. I also have a creak sometimes when gently taking off from a stop. If i give it more gas it doesn't happen. It in no way seems to affect the performance. Overall, nothing major wrong with mine. Hell, never had anything that affected the performance of the car. Just a couple odd noises.
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
haha i've had my car for 2 years and i have something over 14k on it and it's running fine, sometimes it hesitates when i start though =| like SOOMEtimes, so i don't know what's up with that but, besides that, everything's fine i suppose.
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

redrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura about
2004....roughly 40k miles...needed a cheap reliable car that got good gas mileage because I put on more than 40 miles a day.

Only (mechanical) replacements have been oil and filter.
Disappointments expecting a bit better mileage (lead foot) and wanted a manual but had no choice (both my fualt)

SO yes, all around good car.
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
^ do you have pics of your car?? i kinda wana see since your avatar is so tiny haha
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

CSVT7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes my car drove just fine today.....

Although it had a new transmission put in it a week ago @_@

Its okay, I love my Civic
Old 11-06-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dopes6070
Ok im tired of hearing about all these problems. Who's Civic ran fine today? Sorry it’s a pointless thread but people who come to the site may get the wrong idea. People don't ever post when their car is running well so I figured I would start it off. I think these cars are pretty reliable, most of the problems are caused by driver error, driving it to hard or mods that don't work correctly. I'm even beginning to wonder if the trannys aernt so bad even though my GF's auto went out at ~50k (she drives hard)Who is with me?

I know what you mean but usually when people come to this site its to get help with a problem they already have.. Hince the 12 bajjilionn repost on things. lol. but its eaither that or to get ideas or suggestions on what to do on there cars. And have the people really have no idea what they are doing soo they create more problems for themselfs. But thats the thing with tuning.. other than that my cars running fine.. sept the burned out o2 sensor
Old 11-06-2006
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
my 03 lx at 40k miles runs better than ever except that my auto tranny is starting to slip under hard acceleration from a roll
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

03TxCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Ever since I got my 7th gen about a year and a half ago, I've been cursed. I got a speeding ticket the first weekend I had it (85 in a 70) DPS pick up truck commin the opposite way and I didnt see him. My drivers side lock doesnt work,I have to manually lock it. I think its the actuator. My air conditioning isnt too cold in the hot texas summers, dont take drunk girls home (vomit stains in the passenger side, dont lend your car to your sister (spilled DR Pepper all over the interior and center consule), and one flat tire. Besides all of that stuff..shes got 45k miles and shes running smooth haha
Old 11-06-2006
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
I'd have to say that our civics are pretty good in terms of quality. Like previously stated, the reason why some are having troubles is because each driver will treat the car differently in terms of how hard the car is driven and how well he/she maintains it. Some are unlucky and have one that was made on a "friday afternoon" but still, there are only a small percentage of us on this forum to actually talk about our experiences with the car. The way we modify our cars plays a big role on how well the car will run as well so all in all, I love my car!
Old 11-06-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
67k on 02. runs fine, just dont want it
Old 11-07-2006
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dalaw
my 03 lx at 40k miles runs better than ever except that my auto tranny is starting to slip under hard acceleration from a roll
if you need a freshly rebuilt tranny with only a handfull of miles. hit me up. LX auto tranny. i might be able to get it installed for a deal..
Old 11-07-2006
Registered!!

slowcoupe03 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want to experience serious tranny problems, try owning an early Taurus (or any of its cousins that shared the engine/transmission, such as Windstar, Continental, Sable) There were recalls, extended factory warranties, and class action lawsuits against Ford for the tranny problems. My parents' 1990 Taurus that I drove during high school and college went through at least two (from what I can remember) transmission overhauls.

My 03 Civic EX coupe auto has 130k original miles. Original tranny and engine. Still running like new. Maintenance schedule by the book, except for the Tranny fluid, which gets changed every 30k, instead of 60k.
Old 11-07-2006
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HondaLuver
if you need a freshly rebuilt tranny with only a handfull of miles. hit me up. LX auto tranny. i might be able to get it installed for a deal..
thanks man, but i hope my auto trans can last me for another while
Old 11-07-2006
Registered!!

TheGeneralLee can only hope to improve
I have my vic at 110,000 and it runs perfect i do admit sometimes i do run it hard but I treat it well.

Quick Reply: Who's Civic runs?