Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Magnaflow Universal Catalytic Converter

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
khanselman is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Magnaflow Universal Catalytic Converter

So, I wanted to get a magnaflow universal high-flow cat for my exhaust setup. I searched ebay and found one that states it is a high-flow cat. In my haste I didn't read full description and purchased..

when I receieved it I noticed the model number was 94105 - magnaflow details -- when I did a little more research I found out there is more to a universal cat than I thought -- selecting a proper universal cat..

I guess I have two questions then.. first - is the 94105 series a high-flow cat? I mean, I guess it really doesn't matter if it is or isn't high-flow (a matter of 1hp?)

second - will this universal work for my car? When I did the car specific "universal" selection it said the 5400 series... I looked at the differences between the two series and there are a couple - the 9400 series is wider and has a larger engine limit... but is that necessarily bad?