Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

installed some suspension mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light
installed some suspension mods

Well last week i installed a neuspeed upper strut bar. It was a pretty straightforward install. I didn't feel a difference until I took that first turn. Wow what a difference one bar can make. I love it.

also changed the oil, oil filter, and spark plugs

For the past couple of days, I have tried installing a rsx rear sway bar. The first time I tried it using a socket wrench. Well, if you guys did the install you'd know that that would not work. So I gave up that day.
The next night, I tried it again finally realizing I needed an allen key to unscrew it. After wasting alot of energy trying to take off the nut from the endlink, I gave up again.
Finally, tonight after trying again to get the nut off, I was about ready to quit again. But I finally decided that its now or never. Using ALOT of penetrating oil and wd-40 I was finally able to screw it off. I put a solid bar(used the oem jacking bar) on the sway bar and used it to keep the allen key from turning. Holding onto the allen key killed my hands and forearms. Wonder why I didn't think of doing this earlier. Would've saved me from the pain in the arms I have right now. Damn, I had a pic of this but I may have accidently deleted.
Anyway, that was a big improvement as well. Corners don't scare me anymore. I recommend both parts

13mm vs 19mm

Don't forget the grease

Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
i want to get struts on my car, when you say there's a big difference, what do you mean? What kind of improvements do you feel?
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light
I didn't get struts on my car but if you mean the strut bar, it feels more stable when turning. It keeps the car stuck to the road I guess. Before the bar, for eg. when making a hard left turn, it felt like the front right side would "lift up."
now it just stays leveled.
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the info.
Old 09-30-2006
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
very nice the rsx type s rear sway is the best bang for the buck mod there is *in my own opinion*
Old 09-30-2006
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
what kinda spark plugs did u use? from ur pix, im guessing something like NNGK iridium platinums
Old 09-30-2006
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Good work on doing it yourself
Old 09-30-2006
Registered!!

ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough
yep.. i have exact same set up, neuspeed and rsx sway. totally improved handling, i can run about 45 in canyons pretty easily.. not like before, it was like 35 and i can feel the car about to drift and move sideways.
Old 09-30-2006
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
if you think that the 19mm type-s swaybar is nice, you should try the 22mm type-r swaybar. its almost like night and day.

oh and i dont think the grease was necessary since the bushings are not polyurathane. good work on the install however.
Old 09-30-2006
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
^ true, the grease was not necessary since you were using stock rubber bushings. Rubber bushings don't make any type of noise like polyurethane
Old 09-30-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
^ true, the grease was not necessary since you were using stock rubber bushings. Rubber bushings don't make any type of noise like polyurethane
Old 09-30-2006
Registered!!

o well guess it cant hurt..
Old 09-30-2006
Registered!!

gelshmoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by speedricerx
o well guess it cant hurt..
yeah, it's never a bad thing. when I put my sway bar on, I don't think I used enough. Now it groans like a **** when I first turn on the car and accelerate. I don't have the strut bar, but I noticed a BIG difference when I put the progress sway bars on my car. it feels much more stable even when driving straight on the highway. I'll have to get the strut bar someday...

nice work, man. the stock endlinks owned me too. what a dumb way to design endlinks. i give them a
Old 09-30-2006
Registered!!

thanks guys.. my arms are sore today before getting some nice wheels, i'm gonna need a drop.. my tires do suck!