Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

car show? tips?

Old 09-18-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jamesandrew58 is an unknown quantity at this point
car show? tips?

this is gonna be my first show

its gonna be on the 21st of october
what do you guys reccomend me to do as in prepping the car and stuff? and tips would be appreciated
Old 09-18-2006
Registered!!

02blackcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
um detail it, and get some eagle one spray and wipe stuff, for all the dirt that gets on your car in route to the car show, use tireshine, and thats about it
i dont kno what else to say
Old 09-18-2006
Registered!!

Blkcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
don't bother, car shows are for ricers
Old 09-18-2006
Registered!!

02blackcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
nothing wrong with car shows, i love goin to check out the rice and non ricey cars there, there are some nice cars at car shows most of hte time
good luck man
Old 09-19-2006

the show site is about 1/2 a mile from my house so i wont pick up much **** on the way

and its hawaii... all the ricers have thier cars primered so i dotn think they have a chance
Old 09-19-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Add the tire shine AFTER you get there! It will look much better and wont be the least bit dusty or dirty.

Under the hood use the protectant wipes (such as armor all yellow bottle wipes) on all of the black plastic and rubber you can. It cleans and leaves it shining, almost looking wet. Looks amazing and takes less than 20 minutes.

When you wash the car, clean the wheel wells. This is commonly overlooked, but only adds like 5 minutes to the wash. Doesnt have to be perfect, just wash. If you really want it to look perfect use the wipes as i said above here, too. Will look amazing.

Last edited by diskreet; 09-19-2006 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-19-2006
Support Our Troops -Avenge 9/11

d-thug will become famous soon enough
He's got a point... use the armor all wipes, they work good, also take some microfiber clothes with you to wipe the car down, when you get there. good luck bro...
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

Colombian4Lyf is an unknown quantity at this point
If its a serious car show, make sure you clean the wheel wells and under side of your sideskirts if you have any. They usually take points off cuz of dust...happen to me once. Don't forget those door jams.
Wash, detail, polish, wax, glaze. Wax those wheels, they'll look great.
Old 09-19-2006

thats for all the tips especially the tire shine tip

anymore? i have a month left
Old 09-19-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Well, def do the fender wells, and under your sideskirts and front and rear, judges last week had mirrors they would look up under the cars with and check for dirt. Also make sure your inside part of the wheels are spotless as well as the brakes. Just because you clean what you can see on your engine doesn't mean the judge won't run his hand behind the battery or behind the intake.
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
deatil it really good
Old 09-19-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yea clean like you never cleaned before. everywhere, esp under hood and polish up the metals, do plastics, etc. make it sparkle. also take everything out of the car, i lost points for having google maps and poptarts. detail whole car, windows, no smears, inside, dust everywhere. most important KNOW YOUR CAR every mod done to it, how you installed, where you got it, have receipts for special parts you can only get overseas, be able to tell the whole story of your car and what you did and why.