lemme know your average mileage =) - Page 2 - Honda Civic Forum


Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2006   #31  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
iTrader: (95)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NV
Age: 37
Posts: 51,298
Rep Power: 718
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the vtec proof was someone with a data logger was monitoring the car while driving. now for the solenoid to actually get the signal to open and change the cam, rpm had to be 4500 and above, engine coolant warm, oil pressure good, and gas pedal floored (100% throttle). i cant find the thread but thats what happened. im not sure on the technical explanation of what actually happens with valves, but we do have economy vtec and sohc vtec so its not even real and you barely notice it anyway. its more to smoothen the power curve rather than give a huge jump in power.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #32  
Registered!!
 
civydcex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Age: 39
Posts: 620
Rep Power: 153
civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
That just sounds like 3 stage vtec which incorporates both the -
E and the sohc vtec. I am going to figure this out and post a thread, because from what i have learned we get little to no high rpm vtec activation, which in my opinion oviously makes a vtec-e hardley a "real" vtec. I think i hear 02blk coming, to argue the "real" aspect of my statement lol. I am not really sure, but i know gearbox knows his stuff, so i'll leave this topic alone till i can get some proof of high rpm vtec in our 7th gens! I think evryone needs to hear a good post about the vtec-e d17a2, and how it really works, but we need info from honda themselves, not opinions, real hard proof.
I noticed to many people talking like the vtec gives you ther car some extra kick of power, when it was made for economy, and to get 37mpg, unlike the old sohc vtec wich got 28mpg and had a decent power gain at high rpm all the way to 6600 instead of 6300, very noticable compaired to the -E.
civydcex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #33  
The Jackal
iTrader: (3)
 
dajackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: La Jolla Village/Del Mar/Poway (San Diego)
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 159
dajackal will become famous soon enoughdajackal will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by civydcex
I call Not possible and you still oviously think vtec kicks in late, it comes on around 2500 rpms
2500??? did you put on your vtec light monitor??? there is a DIY...check it...it might help...also, its how you drive and shift. its all about the technique. considering the load of your car. surface of the road.

Last edited by dajackal; 09-11-2006 at 09:12 AM.
dajackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #34  
Registered!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Belgium
Age: 38
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 0
civcoup is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonzspirit
i'm only using unleaded cuz of the high prices...
High prices in America?? come and live in Belgium:

1 liter unleaded octane 98 = 1.455
1 = 1.26862 USD
1 us gallon = 3.7854118 liter ==>
1 us gallon in belgium = 5.50777 $ (here in belgium it's octane 95 or octane 98 unleaded)

How much do you guys pay / gallon?

Greetz from Belgium.
civcoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #35  
Registered!!
iTrader: (6)
 
ronaldo9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: North Brunswick, New Jersey
Age: 35
Posts: 1,713
Rep Power: 187
ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Ya we pay about half that but do Europeans drive as much as Americans. The public transportation is much more sofiscated and developed in Europe than America in my opinion.
ronaldo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #36  
Registered!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Belgium
Age: 38
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 0
civcoup is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Ya we pay about half that but do Europeans drive as much as Americans. The public transportation is much more sofiscated and developed in Europe than America in my opinion.
that's true, but I never take the bus most cars that drive here, have diesel engines (I donn't know how you call em) you know: vw golf tdi, mercedes 220cdi, peugeot hdi, honda civic cdti.....

the first year I drove, it costed me more than 5000$ for the gas alone (honda crx ed9 1.6 16v)

I think that in a couple of years, the diesel engines wil gain much popularity in America too. Whit a diesel engine, you drive twice as far + it's a lot cheaper at the gasstation.

excuse my English, I normally speek dutch

Greetz, Civcoup
civcoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #37  
2001 Rallye Red EX
 
digitaldemigod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Orlando
Age: 42
Posts: 253
Rep Power: 159
digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by civcoup
High prices in America?? come and live in Belgium:

1 liter unleaded octane 98 = 1.455
1 = 1.26862 USD
1 us gallon = 3.7854118 liter ==>
1 us gallon in belgium = 5.50777 $ (here in belgium it's octane 95 or octane 98 unleaded)

How much do you guys pay / gallon?

Greetz from Belgium.
Please not this again... I've had this discussion so many times in the last year or so since gas prices went from $1.30 to $3 a gallon.

Most places in europe have public transportation that is leaps and bounds ahead of what we have here. In Orlando there is no commuter rail, the buses suck, and in general in america we are more spread out. I live 45 miles from work. There is no bus in the county I live in that could take me to work without tons of other stops and it would take me 5 hours to get here rather than 1. I've also had people tell me to ride a bicycle to save gas money... sure, I'll put my kid on the handlebars and drive him 18 miles to his school and then pedal the other 27 miles to work.

Anyway, I'm not trying to flame you, but people on both sides of the ocean need to understand the differences in our countries. America sucks at a lot of the things you guys have good in your country.

I'm damn glad I have a civic that gets 35mpg kuz I fill up my tank every 3 days. That's a lot of money.
digitaldemigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #38  
Registered!!
 
IMAhybrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: WPB, FL
Age: 31
Posts: 72
Rep Power: 0
IMAhybrid is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got the hybrid civic so I can get over 750 on a tank, but the average is ~650 miles per tank... 52.7 MPG. Check it.
IMAhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #39  
Registered!!
 
civydcex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Age: 39
Posts: 620
Rep Power: 153
civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAhybrid
I've got the hybrid civic so I can get over 750 on a tank, but the average is ~650 miles per tank... 52.7 MPG. Check it.

Dman!! That must be nice!!
civydcex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #40  
Registered!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Belgium
Age: 38
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 0
civcoup is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldemigod
Please not this again... I've had this discussion so many times in the last year or so since gas prices went from $1.30 to $3 a gallon.

Most places in europe have public transportation that is leaps and bounds ahead of what we have here. In Orlando there is no commuter rail, the buses suck, and in general in america we are more spread out. I live 45 miles from work. There is no bus in the county I live in that could take me to work without tons of other stops and it would take me 5 hours to get here rather than 1. I've also had people tell me to ride a bicycle to save gas money... sure, I'll put my kid on the handlebars and drive him 18 miles to his school and then pedal the other 27 miles to work.

Anyway, I'm not trying to flame you, but people on both sides of the ocean need to understand the differences in our countries. America sucks at a lot of the things you guys have good in your country.

I'm damn glad I have a civic that gets 35mpg kuz I fill up my tank every 3 days. That's a lot of money.
You are right, whit a car you can drive true belgium in about 2 - 3 hours! So you're right when you say that we don't have to drive far to work. Soon there whil be no longer space for new houses in belgium ! It's just: belgium is f*cking expensive ! When we get payed for working, we only get half we earned, the other half goes to taxes and gouvernement , but when we get sick, it doesn't cost as much as in America. We have a much better social security, but when you never get sick, you only pay.

Many country's have different bennefits, but I wouldn't mind a better gas price

Some day I whil take a trip to America (and to japan ), so I can see the differences.

Greetz
civcoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #41  
2001 Rallye Red EX
 
digitaldemigod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Orlando
Age: 42
Posts: 253
Rep Power: 159
digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by civcoup
You are right, whit a car you can drive true belgium in about 2 - 3 hours! So you're right when you say that we don't have to drive far to work. Soon there whil be no longer space for new houses in belgium ! It's just: belgium is f*cking expensive ! When we get payed for working, we only get half we earned, the other half goes to taxes and gouvernement , but when we get sick, it doesn't cost as much as in America. We have a much better social security, but when you never get sick, you only pay.

Many country's have different bennefits, but I wouldn't mind a better gas price

Some day I whil take a trip to America (and to japan ), so I can see the differences.

Greetz
Yep major differences... that's why the cost of a gallon of gas can't really be compared between different countries.

You know how bad insurance is here? Every payday they take almost $200 out of my check to pay for my family... so $400 a month. And then when I have to go to the doctor I have to pay $30 to see him. Then they only pay like 60% of whatever the bill is. My son broke his arm last year and I had to pay $1200. after paying thousands all year!!
digitaldemigod is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Honda Civic Forum Replies Last Post
2005 EX Misfiring post adding oil jtcavey 7th Generation Civic 12 09-30-2015 02:18 PM
02 Civic Cluster and Dash Help hondacivic0253 7th Generation Civic 7 09-29-2015 08:06 AM
OIL Display Dumb or Smart? jsmithe2010 Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum 8 09-25-2015 08:15 PM
2004 lx starting problems Skunkone Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum 12 09-24-2015 04:38 PM
2007 Hybrid shudder/vibration after stop then go mgrantaz Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum 5 09-21-2015 01:08 PM


Tags
2002, civic, honda, mileage, typical

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.