Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Integra VS TC delima...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
I read word "stolen" in every second post in this thread.
Are you guys/girls reffering this thread: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=273709

Before I dont remember so many people were saying DC2 gets stolen so much.
Generaly speaking somekind of visible signs of protegtion should be enough to steer someone toward next car. E.g. Club, alarm and window stiker saying "alarm" and insurance covering theft and vandalism....
Gaugeof12 - I see you want this Integra, just buy it, no car payments, no extra insurance coverage and you wont loose as much money investing in Integra.
In 1 month of ownership tC will loose enough moneys for you to buy you the same Integra you're after....Just my $2.00
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

wicivic is an unknown quantity at this point
integra all the way
Old 08-09-2006
gone

Nitto will become famous soon enough
tc no quesiton. so much power still hidden in the tc motor.

tc, stage 2 = hotness
Old 08-09-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally Posted by 03-Acura-1.7-EL
Are you guys/girls reffering this thread: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=273709

Generaly speaking somekind of visible signs of protegtion should be enough to steer someone toward next car. E.g. Club, alarm and window stiker saying "alarm" and insurance covering theft and vandalism....
Gaugeof12 - I see you want this Integra, just buy it, no car payments, no extra insurance coverage and you wont loose as much money investing in Integra.
In 1 month of ownership tC will loose enough moneys for you to buy you the same Integra you're after....Just my $2.00
Even before that thread was made!! Its just that its played out!! Everones done just about everything to it.
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

xtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 03-Acura-1.7-EL

No, integras always got stolen a lot.
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

I Got Soul will become famous soon enoughI Got Soul will become famous soon enough
a detachable steering wheel would probably help as well. in regards to some of the comments above this box:
-people turn DC2 GSR's and LS's into ITR's all the time (engine swap, 5-lug conversion, the whole 9).
-TC's are VERY kiddie. from the cheesy bootleg aluminum "scion" cover over the radio, to the teenage targetted commercials where the scion morphs into 20 body kits in multi-colored custom paint to the rhythm of a hiphop jingle. let's not front and if you feel otherwise, then their marketting is over your head like pubic hair.
-I agree to an extent that ANY car can look ricer, but TC's are infamous for that (atleast out here in Los Angeles). most of my good friends don't live around the corner any more, they've kinda spread out from San Jose to Sacramento to Frisco, San Diego and even Vegas--so I'm constantly killing the mileage meter in my car and zigzaggin through freeways. point being, I've seen ricer TC's and stock TC's that are a rear spoiler away from being a ricer TC. generally, the car's look has the appeal of an avid "fast and the furious" junkie. now I could be saying what a lot of JDM enthusiasts have been thinking or an impulsive speaking dumb*ss(which I've been known to be), but all in all this is all soley my opinion of course.
Old 08-09-2006
gone

Nitto will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by I Got Soul
a detachable steering wheel would probably help as well. in regards to some of the comments above this box:
-people turn DC2 GSR's and LS's into ITR's all the time (engine swap, 5-lug conversion, the whole 9).
-TC's are VERY kiddie. from the cheesy bootleg aluminum "scion" cover over the radio, to the teenage targetted commercials where the scion morphs into 20 body kits in multi-colored custom paint to the rhythm of a hiphop jingle. let's not front and if you feel otherwise, then their marketting is over your head like pubic hair.
-I agree to an extent that ANY car can look ricer, but TC's are infamous for that (atleast out here in Los Angeles). most of my good friends don't live around the corner any more, they've kinda spread out from San Jose to Sacramento to Frisco, San Diego and even Vegas--so I'm constantly killing the mileage meter in my car and zigzaggin through freeways. point being, I've seen ricer TC's and stock TC's that are a rear spoiler away from being a ricer TC. generally, the car's look has the appeal of an avid "fast and the furious" junkie. now I could be saying what a lot of JDM enthusiasts have been thinking or an impulsive speaking dumb*ss(which I've been known to be), but all in all this is all soley my opinion of course.
Same could go for a civic kid.
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
I don't remeber so many people at the same time saying "Integras get stolen" when we talked about them...

Few years back, same type of article said it was Toyota Camry and Oldsmobile Coutlass get stolen the most. I guess tastes have changes since.

I'm still saying - "Get an Integra!"
Old 08-09-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by I Got Soul
Scion is definately marketed towards the young....... and many times uneducated.... and perhaps F&F is their influence.
Thing is though...... the 1st day I got my tC, another tC wanted to race on the highway.......... and a few days later, a guy with hat on backwards sunglasses etc in a green Civic wanted to race. To single out tC's as a ricer mobile is arguable.
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I say go with the tc. I would take a new car anyday.Yeah tc's are everywhere, but aren't tegs as well...if not easily more. I'm sure tc's are at least a little better at not getting stolen.

People are always more impressed with a new new car than with a used. If going to be a daily driver I would get the tc. wait and aget a dc2 when you can afford a project car.
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

rowdy847 is an unknown quantity at this point
tcs are nice but SLOW. i vote integra. i once raced a tc in my n/a ex and wooped his ***! another factor to consider is how much insurance would be. im thinkin the teg would be more.
Old 08-11-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
stock tC's arent quick cars, neither is a DC2, neither is a NA D-series Civic. As DarkPyro states, daily driver tC b/c that car offers a lot more space than DC2 and it's got some decent torque down low.
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point
umm, i would probably go with the TC. since you aren't REALLY going to not have any money for it. i'm sure you'll have some money sometimes to put into the TC.

start from scratch man, try another new car.

or i'd say, get a 2006 RSX type S
Old 08-11-2006
A big, hairy Kentucky boy
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
If you lived here, I would say Integra. I've seen maybe 2 integras running around, mainly due to the fact that the closest Acura dealer is 2 hours away. Being that I work in a Toyota Parts department, I am almost required to say get a tC.

I actually like the integra better though.
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
Lets say the Tc payment is 270 for 12 months. Well in 1 year you could save $3,240 if you buy the teg and dont waste all your money. I don't know what could break that would cost more than 2000 to fix. Normally if it is more than 2k to fix it is due to an accident so insurance will cover it. Don't worry about the warranty. Get the integra and save the money.
Old 08-11-2006
Since 2002 Baby!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
go get the Integ
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

VicDawg has a spectacular aura aboutVicDawg has a spectacular aura aboutVicDawg has a spectacular aura about
Integ. I know it has been said already but car payments suc. They make your modding money go away...
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
b18c block with a b16a head = high revving, vtec loving, torque filling heaven.
Old 08-11-2006
Registered!!

shj503 is an unknown quantity at this point
TC all the way
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
b18c block with a b16a head = high revving, vtec loving, torque filling heaven.
the heads are almost identical it would be a useless swap to put a b16a head on a b18c block. you would yeild a net of maybe 1hp if your lucky. seriously there is almost no difference in the 2 heads you mentioned