Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Integra VS TC delima... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/273504-integra-vs-tc-delima.html)

gaugeof12 08-07-2006 02:23 AM

Integra VS TC delima...

OK so the wife is driving a POS focus that she had when we got together. Its almost paid off, but that means its also almost out of warrenty. It has been in the shop multiple times & we are thinking the next 6 months will be the time to get rid of it. So after pay off we are looking at probably making 3-4k. What she wants is to take my civic and let me do what I want for a new car. So here is my delima, I can:
  1. Purchase a brand new Scion TC. But after down payment have no money to mod + a car payment.
    *OR*
  2. Purchase a 98 Integra (dc2 b18b1 5spd) from a friend I work with. The car has 95k miles & is daily driven. Did I mention its stock, one owner & well kept? My budget would allow me to purchase the car + get the engine & tranny checked & rebuilt (if necessary).
So with the Teg I would have no car payment, so that would be cash I could put into modding/replacing parts every month. I could have most of what I want done within a year (suspension, rims/tires, intake/exhaust, custom reupholstered interior (thinking about keeping it simple, just getting a REALLY nice new black fabric with contrasting stitching) / new carpet, tint, lip)

So the integra would probably be more fun (since I can have my way with it :hgrin: ) but the disadvantage of no warranty, older, ect...

The TC is a nice car, looks pretty good in stock form, has warranty, but would have car payment for 3-5 years (depending on final price & terms).

Lets hear opnions on what you guys would do.....

http://images.autobytel.com/cyber/191334/i24640_1.jpg
^Not the actual car I am looking at, but looks almost identical.

em2kid 08-07-2006 02:50 AM

if i where you i would go with the dc2 iam doing paymets on my car right now and boy does it suck:tdown: and on top of that i have to pay full coverage since i dont "own" the car the bank does so iam out 450 bucks a month!

filipinop1405 08-07-2006 03:16 AM

i say dc2 cuz i love that car... but the tc looks nice too... my opinions on the matter is that if you get the tc and do some kind of modding to it that the dealer may try and screw you out of the warranty... just my .02 cents....

CIVIC X3 08-07-2006 03:59 AM

really though...for a teg...u WONT need warranty =)... i say get the teg. i dont know where u live, but if you were here in s.f. i recommend shaving the door handles. teg are easy to steal here.

jhonsok 08-07-2006 04:27 AM

get the integra. and do a jdm front end. =). but if you get one, make sure you protect it from getting stolen. Those things are way too easy to break into and drive away with.

genexrocket 08-07-2006 04:41 AM

too many people have tcs now, even more than civics, j/k

kasimmmmm 08-07-2006 06:06 AM

you're on a honda forum so its a given that you'll get a lot of Integra as an answer... However, its a fact that toyota's quality is highest amongst auto manufacturers and the tC is a solid and well-built car. I say tC over integra. Integra's are outdated now.

navysooner 08-07-2006 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by genexrocket
too many people have tcs now, even more than civics, j/k

ummm I am pretty sure there are not as many tc's on the road than civics. Also you can't say there aren't alot of integras out on the road. I would say go with the new car. Plus I am a little bias since I have a tC as well.

armieo 08-07-2006 07:28 AM

Tc. Integras, unless hooked up, look too old fashioned now days.

greenEX 08-07-2006 07:50 AM

INTEGRA. Rebuild it with type r pistons and skunk 2 vavletrain. Type r front and have fun with it. TC = fat pigs

armieo 08-07-2006 08:12 AM

Ehh unless the wife is a tuner, I say just get the tc though.

familycar 08-07-2006 11:49 AM

i just bought a dc2 myself. i wasnt counting on any rebuild but ended up needing to replace the motor. i swappe din a b20b that i got from cnsmotors for $565 + aprox $150 or so in fuilds and gaskets and a few tools needed. so for less than $700 total i did the swap myself. i love the car. its makes my 7thgen feel ikt its dragging an anchor. and the tc and 7th gen are pretty equally matched. IMO youll be much happier with the performance and handling of the integra. plus parts will be cheaper if you mod and its basically endless. you make make 600+whp on a stock crank with good sleeves and rods and pistions in a b series and that has yet to be done on any tc. not to mention that parts are a dime a dozen and can be swapped with any b series motor. i say DC2 all the way!!!!!!!!!

JB Dizzle 08-07-2006 12:16 PM

Tegs are nice, but like everyone says, they're easy to break into, tc's are also nice, but IMO the interior looks like a POS... but i'd still go with a tc since a dc2 is easy to steal

gelshmoff 08-07-2006 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by greenEX
INTEGRA. Rebuild it with type r pistons and skunk 2 vavletrain. Type r front and have fun with it. TC = fat pigs

i agree. Integra all the way. the tc's always look overinflated to me. it's big in all the wrong areas.

Valdeezy 08-07-2006 12:44 PM

DC2 much better cars than what toyota puts out. ans yes there are alot of TC's running around now. Just be protective of ur car and U will enjoy it much better than the TC. Good luck with ur decision!

CLeeNx04CiVic 08-07-2006 02:19 PM

I would go with the DC2 because of all the parts/swaps that are available for it....it'll be more fun to drive IMO....

btw....I suggest slapping a b16/b18 vtec head on that ls block if you want good power for pretty cheap....but don't take any shortcuts....GL

LS-VTEC RULES!!!!!!!

armieo 08-07-2006 02:54 PM

rsx.

TemjinX2 08-07-2006 03:07 PM

If your going to mod your car at all i say get the integra. If you just want a nice car with warranty get the TC. Honda's are easy to work with and there are a ton of parts for the B-series. I cry when i see the price difference between a b18 and a k20.

CuRiOuSfIsH 08-07-2006 03:40 PM

if youre ok with an older car, get the DC2. The potential is there and things may be a bit cheaper for that car. As TemjinX2 mentioned, if warranty is something you need, then newer car is obviously better. If not tC, then a slightly used RSX isnt a bad idea either. tC has potential as well but 2AZ engine is fairly new to the market, while B and K series is pretty much flooded with aftermarket goodies.

xtreme26 08-07-2006 04:04 PM

Either car is good, if you can do repairs by yourself, a warrenty wouldn't really make that big of a use to you, and its not like you would need it for the tc ;). If you go with the teg, you can always slap on a vtec head, or turbo it. A big problem with tegs are that they get stolen a lot.

MJ4Real 08-07-2006 04:16 PM

Like the guy up there said Rsx type S. You can find one used for the price of a tc and still have warranty and will eat both a tc and a dc2. Dc2 is outdated and tc is blah.

gaugeof12 08-08-2006 09:13 PM

Dont really want an RSX-S, not looking for something that will eat other cars. lol Plus at that point I am in the same boat as a TC no extra $$ to mod the car. I think I am going to get the teg just for the simple reasont that I will have almost imediate gratification. I hate waiting, and with a car payment plus other bills there is never enough $$ left to do the mods I want. So this way I will have disposable income to make the car the way I want. I am not looking for "fast" car, I just want something that will be reliable that I can make my own. My other point is the Teg plus all the mods will be paid for in less than a year. So lets say the car only runs another 4 years, thats still 3 years of payments I have not had to make. Thanks to all for the coments.

I Got Soul 08-08-2006 11:13 PM

dude...

DC2 easily. I've got a buddy pushing a TC right now, paying $550 a month(including full coverage insurance), and added some options that yell ricer. I've driven it and it feels like I'm driving a smaller Toyota Avalon by the way the ride is so soft n' easy, taking away from the sporty stiffer chasis racey feel. The interior would be cool if I were in 10th grade or if I were my girlfriend whose best way to describe a sick ride is, "cute"(like they're puppies). basically the bottom line is: do you want something to show-off at the starbucks parking lot? or do you wanna run into the show-off at starbucks on the freeway and eat'im like an after lunch dessert? TC= nice as a girl's after high school ride. DC2= potential JDMonster.:)

CuRiOuSfIsH 08-08-2006 11:34 PM

hmm.... failed to mention Integra is 1 of the most stolen cars in the US. Neither tC or DC2 (aside from ITR) was born to be a race car.... nor sporty car for that matter. So both cars can be modded to your liking. I actually drive a tC right now...... good and bad. I feel the tC is better just putting around town..... it doesnt provide a proper sporty car feel. Some may argue tC really stands for touring coupe.

diskreet 08-08-2006 11:38 PM

tC... newer, better looking (especially to women), and not a "ricer" vehicle.
Keep in mind most children can steal an Integra, or take everything important out of one, in like 3 minutes. They are theft magnets.

Positives of th tC: Great value for money, comes with everything standard, looks great, comfortable, cheap, good on gas, etc.
Downsides to the tC: Slower than I expected for the hp rating, little bulky, poor visibility, etc.

gaugeof12 08-09-2006 12:41 AM

Anything can be a "ricer" vehicle. That is more of an owner thing, than a car thing. I know most of us still see a NICELY hooked up integra and go "DAMN!!". OK now on to other matters.... So we have *COMPLETELY* established that you can steal the Integra easily. Now what can you do to make it more secure? Alarm is already in the plans *BUT* what about a hidden kill switch for the ignition/fuel pump. Is the combo of the 2 enough to stop the common theif or is there more to making it secure than that?

Colombian4Lyf 08-09-2006 11:07 AM

The DC2 with no payments, you'll thank us later. Payments suck

dru106 08-09-2006 11:22 AM

Dc2 is played out!! Too many ppl have em!! Easy to steal no matter what u do to stop em!! If you mod ur teggy its like asking "OOO look at me!! Steal me!! Im free!!!" And its gonna hurt so bad once its stolen!! I would get a TC instead!!

slimnim343 08-09-2006 11:48 AM

I would buy the integra...because then you dont have to worry about payments and intrest you wouldnt loose money because of the intrest and all that crap that happens with new cars...and because its basically stock itll be fun to mod.

greenEX 08-09-2006 12:32 PM

if u dont want a car stolen, then lock it up in a garage. you can keep a car from getting stolen if it isnt in sight. Plus if they're breaking into a garage to steal an older integra they must really want the car or really hate you.