Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Someone Keyed My Whole Car, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
Originally Posted by jackedurcash

Truth is, I only have 1 reason I wanted to keep the car and that is that financially, I think its the best move for me, the car gets amazing gas, has 65000 miles on it so its fairly young for a honda, but in another aspect its 5 years in age. I wanted to keep it because for the next 4 years, I did NOT want car payments and its paid off. Mainly that is the reason I wanted to keep it. Is that a good enough reason to spend 2200-2500 to fix it?
i congratulate you for using your head. this is why i said it is retarded. so you have some metal showing, that is a silly reason to sell a car that is paid off and spend much more money on a new(er) car. it's a good car that will last, regardless of paint condition. if the lines were dug into the metal, as in, you will need body work to get the dents out, then i would recommend leaving as is or doing what has to be done so that the metal doesn't rust. otherwise, put some touch up paint on it and move on. so don't be a retard.
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jackedurcash is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys, thanks so much for the support and advice. Especially those of you who have the same car as me and are giving me props, thanks.

SOLUTION TO THIS GUY THAT KEYED MY CAR AND MY PROBLEM
Someone said earlier, IF I repaint the car, wait a while because the guy might rekey it. Well, if he sees my car anywhere again, I am 100% positive he will rekey it, but my plans for this are only one solution, and that is to upgrade my insurance from liability to full coverage. Another solution I have to this is that by concidense, I am only going to live in the area 4 more months, so I am going to get it repainted then, and hopefully, I will also get a better price because the winter season is slow for painters (I think, lol)

Someone also said eariler he paid 400 bucks for his cf hood and if it fades, he will be pissed, DONT WORRY, IT WILL FADE MY FRIEND!

CARBON FIBER HOOD INFORMATION!
I had my cf hood for 1.5 years, it was garaged and I put 8k miles on it in 1.5 years and it started a slow fade, after that, I lost my garage because I moved out and I had to park it in the sun half the day, and it ate my cf clear coat up like it was nothing. The fact is that these people that make the cf hoods, when they paint them, they dont put a UV style clear coat on it, so it cant withstand the sun, they just put a basic "pretty clear coat wannabe ****" on there just pretty enough to SELL it to you, then a year later, your screwed. Ask any paint or body shop guy, they will tell you the same ****.

One other thing, does anyone here know any good body shops in southern california that do decent body work and excellent paint work? Some of the key marks were kind of deep and they need body filler. Please let me know.
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

SEVYN is an unknown quantity at this point
i feel your pain! my car is just cruising around with the key marks on the driver side.. i'm planning to repaint it later on. i dont want it to happen again too soon and waste $500. keep the car though!
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

chopedtobits is an unknown quantity at this point
dude, just get it fixed. pay like 5-600 get it fixed, or go get the **** and do it yourself.
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

D17master081 is an unknown quantity at this point
no fault claim!!! happened to me my rates didn't raise n got car painted for free......$1500 2 get passengers side repainted
Old 08-04-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
keep it
Old 08-05-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

genx_7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by modoman
why sell it because it has some paint issues? that is retarded. in fact that is really retarded. oh no, my house is dirty, time to sell it. i'm an a$shole.
ummmm....that isn't the same analogy. Didn't you take the SAT?
But I do agree that you shouldn't sell the car.
Old 08-05-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
if its paid, just keep driving it. it looks good.
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

GoMavs is an unknown quantity at this point
you can pay now or pay later for a new car. my accord was 20 years old when i sold it with 275000 miles. no car payment is nice~!
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

astrosi is an unknown quantity at this point
How deep is the scratches?????if its not deep enough, go to paint detailest and see if they can buffing the whole car... so you won't have to repaint it .. =)
Old 08-20-2006
Registered!!

jackedurcash is an unknown quantity at this point
the scratches are deep as hell and they go all the way around,

HOW MUCH DO YOU GUYS THINK THIS CAR IS GOING TO COST TO REPAINT AND REPAIR ALL THE WAY AROUND?

also, does anyone know how many coats of clear coat are stock on our car, 1? 2? 3?

the scratches are deep as hell and they go all the way around,

HOW MUCH DO YOU GUYS THINK THIS CAR IS GOING TO COST TO REPAINT AND REPAIR ALL THE WAY AROUND?

also, does anyone know how many coats of clear coat are stock on our car, 1? 2? 3?

Last edited by jackedurcash; 08-20-2006 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-20-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
have you actually gone to a body shop to ask? i would say somewhere around $2000 for an "okay" paint job that will be fine so long as they do the whole car. paint ranges from $500-10,000 depending on the quality you want. make sure they will be prepping the surface (sanding down) before painting and make sure they use oem paint. then it should last a long time so long as you keep it waxed starting 2 months after painting. now if you really like the car you will pay for the paint job. if you dont really care, well you could ask if the spots could be touched up. they will try and paint over those key lines and blend it but if the key marks are on EVERY piece of the car, you may as well repaint the whole thing.
Old 08-20-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Did they put that PIAA sticker on your windshield too? Bastards.....