Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Dyno #s for a K20a2 are in!! Sheet Added

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by scansel912
Who cares if you have a 300 hp car that runs 14's? Dyno numbers don't mean **** if you can't drive your car. I think if you do a few runs down the track, you can get a pretty good idea how powerful your car is.
what a bold statement. I don't think anything else matters if you can't drive your car, not only dyno numbers.

Tracking his car is not the issue here though. There are more variables at the track than there would be at a dyno.

Stay on topic, thanks
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough
Dyno posted!!
Old 07-24-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Man, under "Owner" it sooooo says GOETZ
Old 07-24-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
yea you can see all the blacked out stuff but anyway nice numbers
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Man, under "Owner" it sooooo says GOETZ
man that is strange??? They must have forgot to change the info from the guy who was on the dyno before me (he looked like a real douche bag)
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
what a bold statement. I don't think anything else matters if you can't drive your car, not only dyno numbers.

Tracking his car is not the issue here though. There are more variables at the track than there would be at a dyno.

Stay on topic, thanks
I guess I don't understand your logic considering both dyno's and tracking a car would can have an infinite number of variables in each situation.

All I was saying was instead of arguing what reading is high/low whatever, try taking it to the track to see what it runs. I mean thats the point of getting higher hp right? To make your car go faster and what better method shows that then a dragstrip

I still don't get the big fuss over dyno numbers
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

^^^I don't care about the #s, I just don't want people to think that a mustang gives the same #s as a dynojet or any other dynos.

BTW weather providing I am planning on going to the track this Friday night. I am not expecting much becuase it is my 1st time at the strait track and the temp will likely not be optimal, but we will see.

Last edited by EMK20a2; 07-24-2006 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Great good for you! You're one of the few people on this site that have some decent mods and run their cars.

I'm not trying to start stuff either with anyone, just stating what I would look for in a car when modding it.
Old 07-24-2006
Registered!!

^^^where in central Ohio are you located?? Sorry for the off topic, but I grew up in Mansfield and am now in Toledo.
Old 07-25-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
nice numbers
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

Not trying to restart an argument, but I just thought a few of you might be interested in this thread I sarted on a local forum. These guys know the dyno and know just how great the #s that I got from the expert tune where. And they also know how low the dyno reads. There is even a guy that gives the #s that he got from my same mods on a rsx only with a reflash (not a full tune, basically what I started with).

http://www.toledotuners.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=12374
Old 07-27-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by scansel912
I guess I don't understand your logic considering both dyno's and tracking a car would can have an infinite number of variables in each situation.

All I was saying was instead of arguing what reading is high/low whatever, try taking it to the track to see what it runs. I mean thats the point of getting higher hp right? To make your car go faster and what better method shows that then a dragstrip

I still don't get the big fuss over dyno numbers
a dyno would have far less variables than the track since all you're doing is flooring it in a single gear. At the track, you have traction issues, launching issues, time it takes to shift, how the track is prepped, etc. to factor in.

if it makes you happy, it he did say he was going to the track soon. So w/e.

goetz: people have to register to view the link.
Old 07-27-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
^He said Goetz
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
a dyno would have far less variables than the track since all you're doing is flooring it in a single gear. At the track, you have traction issues, launching issues, time it takes to shift, how the track is prepped, etc. to factor in.

if it makes you happy, it he did say he was going to the track soon. So w/e.

goetz: people have to register to view the link.

I would agree, and I am thinking that my first time may not be great LOL. Sorry that you have to register did not know that. It is a great sight for those in the northwestern Ohio/southern Michigan region. There was a guy on there who dynoed his K20a2 in a rsx with the same mods that I have on the same dyno (only he had a reflash not a full Kpro tunned) and only got 189whp. Then a couple of people go on about how low the dyno reads

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
^He said Goetz
Not sure who this Goetz guy is, but he must have been a real bad a$$

Last edited by EMK20a2; 07-27-2006 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-27-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

not even gonna start.

Last edited by aznboysrfr; 07-27-2006 at 06:40 PM.