Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

damn automatics on 4 bangers

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Angry damn automatics on 4 bangers

So the sunfire tranny is going out. that sucks. alot. getting the tranny flushed and stuff tomarrow. good thing the civic is going back to stock sunday. but hopefully the sunfire is fine. It just makes the whining sound in 1st. Never had a problem with the 700r4 in the trans am or the auto in my old corsica.
Old 07-01-2006
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
didnt you say you were going to keep it cause it was running like a champ?
Old 07-01-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Cruel.
Old 07-01-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
still runs like a champ. just the tranny sucks
Old 07-01-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I had a cavalier (same as sunfire) and the tranny has got to be one of the worst i've seen in a long time! Mine went out of the blue one day and i was never that bad on it
Old 07-01-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i think auto tranny should become illegal
Old 07-01-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Thats a dumb statement. You really want all those stereotypically horrible, and ignornat, woman drivers with a stick?! You nuts?!
Old 07-01-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by diskreet
You really want all those stereotypically horrible, and ignornat, woman drivers with a stick?! You nuts?!
Repped for that man!
Old 07-01-2006
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
hahahahaah thats awsome!

My sister has a cavalier... and her tranny started making a squeal shifting from first to second, got it flushed, and it went away...
Good luck, hopefully its not fried! (But they're a dime a dozen in the junk yards)
Old 07-01-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
maybe i should've finished. make auto illegal, and require potential drivers to complete a REAL driving course, no dmv crap where you drive around the block. too many people here dont even know basic rules of the road.
Old 07-01-2006
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
very true steve...i think everyone should atleast learn how to drive stick...it only makes you better...
Old 07-01-2006
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
well i have an auto in my 2004 EM2 not because of choice but because i have to, i was born with a dislocated left hip, thus i cant use the clutch, so i got an auto, and 22K miles and the tranny aint shot yet........but im getting the EVO X when it comes out.....paddle shifters on the steering wheel and NO clutch :-) someone finally thinks about the handicapped people LMAO
Old 07-01-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gearbox
maybe i should've finished. make auto illegal, and require potential drivers to complete a REAL driving course, no dmv crap where you drive around the block. too many people here dont even know basic rules of the road.
We won't have many drivers on the road then...who knows I may not pass..
Old 07-01-2006
Premium Member

isnt that a good thing lol its too crowded as is.
Old 07-01-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
how many miles do you have on your civic?

What is the adverage miles before the tranny goes out?
Old 07-01-2006
Premium Member

average is 40-80k. i have 50k and its slipping, so i fugure a year left before it busts. some rare cases last above 100k but not much more.
Old 07-01-2006

damn, i hope the 04-05's dont have the same problem.........has any 1 posted a tranny problem for those years so far?
Old 07-01-2006
Premium Member

not yet no, but that may just mean the cars have little miles because theyre newer
Old 07-01-2006

Originally Posted by gearbox
not yet no, but that may just mean the cars have little miles because theyre newer
yeah i guess ur right, i have 22K miles, but i've talked to people that have over 60K miles on thiers with no problems..........................
Old 07-01-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

sunfire has right at 75k, got it flushed and thesound is fine no more slipping took it to juffy lube but I watched the whole time they did it. don't want tehm bastards stealing my money. and got an oil change while I was there.
Old 07-02-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 7thGenerasianCivic
how many miles do you have on your civic?

What is the adverage miles before the tranny goes out?

I have 100,000 miles on my civic no problem. my saturn has 200,000 and its still on its first tranny. keep doing your maintance on it and you will be fine
Old 07-02-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
If i see a domestic last past 75k without any real problems, that will be a first.