Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Do I have to remove the front o2 sensor when taking transmission?

Old 09-19-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blizza is an unknown quantity at this point
Do I have to remove the front o2 sensor when taking transmission?

Hi everyone. I have a 2003 Honda Civic Ex automatic, and am going to be fixing my transmission. My question is, do I have to take out the o2 sensor to do this, or is there another way? Thanks.
Old 09-19-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do I have to remove the front o2 sensor when taking transmission?

Unscrew it and let it dangle?
Unplug it so the wire doesn't get pulled?

Leave it in place.....and if it gets broken then you'll know why it needed to be removed?

I don't remember having to remove it, but it's been a long time since I had to pull a trans on a car that old....and I forget stuff.
Old 09-22-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Up stream is fine just unplug it, down stream I tryed to unplug it and it was a bitch so I snapped off the connector mount then zap strapped it when reinstalling.

You also have to unbolt the header and slide the exhaust back plus remove the sub frame if you are coming out the bottom.

from the bottom you don't need to remove the engine which means you can leave your coolant and ecu harness connected.
Old 09-22-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

If you do remove the sub frame may the four corners then when you reinstall the alignment should be closer to when you pulled it out.