Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

WS6 or EVO IX

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
WS6 or EVO IX

Its a really hard choice. I came across an 02 WS6 manual at a dealer when I was driving. Took it for a test drive and it was like driving in heaven. Haven't had the same feelign since my old GTA. And poped the hood to check out the goods. Stock its an LS1 346ci 5.7, so yeah big plus there. But mods SLP wisper lid, Hooker Headers, Borla Exhasut, and cooper cobra tires. It has 53k on it. The clutch is perfect I could definatly put this car into the 12's with just slicks. If i trade the civic in I will owe about 4grand on the Trans Am, but still have to sell the turbo kit and other aftermarket goods on my car.

But I also want a EVO IX. I fell inlove with this car too. Better off the line that the WS6, and has a warranty. But I wouldn't have it until next summer.

Decisions Decisions
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

a4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura about
my opinion ws6 those things are sick but you got to look at it in if or do you have a car for the winter because its rwd and the i love the ws6's body it looks so slick and nice
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

jrb121180 will become famous soon enough
evo, better mpg?
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold
WS6 all the way! That cars just plain crazy!
Old 06-29-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
My god, I never imagined I would say this, but I would get the Evo.
Old 06-29-2006
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
does the evo IX have/has warrenty???

WS6 is not that fast. I beat one on the highway b4.

If those are the 2 cars u have in mind. get the evo. It is NEW.
PLus you have NO IDEA how the previous owner of the tran am treat the car. It gotta to be ran pretty hard, since it is modded.
Old 06-29-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
yeah. You've got a good point. Mods usually mean driven hard. I mod my car, and I sure as hell drive it very hard! And I don't even really mod for speed.
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough
If it was me i'd go WS6 (if by the small chance it's SOM and low miles I'd buy it in a heart beat) but i've wanted a f-body way before I even knew how to drive. The evo being new and having a warrenty make this a very hard decision. IMHO I like the looks of the WS6 better and to the sound of a LS1 is amazing. I say WS6 but I guess im biased.
Old 06-29-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
i would go with the evo in a heartbeat
Old 06-29-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
what about a used gto? you can get one in the high teens, and they are nicer than the ws6 for sure.
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by stl01civic
does the evo IX have/has warrenty???

WS6 is not that fast. I beat one on the highway b4.

If those are the 2 cars u have in mind. get the evo. It is NEW.
PLus you have NO IDEA how the previous owner of the tran am treat the car. It gotta to be ran pretty hard, since it is modded.
really?! what were you driving the sti or or vic?

Last edited by Christian Calim; 06-29-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-29-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
WS6's are wicked fast. 325whp, with teh mods it has i say around almost 340. don't like the GTO at all. If i ever get a American car again its going to be an F-body. In the 1/4 an LS1 car would beat an EVO/STI/civic swapped and turbo no question. Its its an actual ws6 they top out in the 160's with a chip before the run out of rear end. I don't think an EVO could hit those speeds if it wanted to. But the EVO is so sick, and its new and its 4 doors. so stilll a decision to be made.
Old 06-29-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
patience is a virtue. Go EVO
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
evo FTW.....i hate gm's sorry
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
a warrenty is a good think
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
evoevo
Old 06-29-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

See I grew up as a GM muscle head. My dad was a muscle head (64 GTO, 65 impalla SS, 67 cuda(mopar), 72 vega with a 383 stroker) Sandy's dad was a muscle head (every gen Trans AM/Firebird from 67-88 7 in all) and various small blcok powered buicks/olds. And he lived 2 houses up from us. So, its in my blood. Thats why its so tempting, becuase they were both so pround of me when I got my GTA and were sad to see it go.
Old 06-29-2006
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
I'd probably rather have the WS6, but a warranty is very hard to argue with.

Do you have the money to have two cars? That would be the deciding factor for me. I'd go so crazy with a WS6 that it just wouldn't make sense to drive it daily (gas prices + sheer amount of hp) so I'd need something else for a DD.

If the money for a DD wasn't there, I'd go for the Evo even though I'd never actually buy one. This is all theory. lol
Old 06-29-2006
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
omg why is this even a question.......
WS6 FTW !!!!!!!! go get it now...

look how sexy

Old 06-29-2006
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
go for the evO!!!
Old 06-29-2006
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by s0ltker

look how sexy

FTW indeed.
Old 06-29-2006
You gotta be as blind as Anne Frank not to see that

ddevil0013 is on a distinguished road
evo makes a much better daily driver i think. i'd get the ws6 as a 2nd car/toy
Old 06-29-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Evo!
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by s0ltker

look how sexy

what a BEAST!!!! and its true in the 1/4 they would take sti(stock)/evo(stock)/civics swapped. but we're talking about two different cars, but i still would take a WS6 anyday.

Last edited by Christian Calim; 06-29-2006 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-30-2006
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Christian Calim
really?! what were you driving the sti or or vic?
Niether of my car. It is my cousin modded 3000GT vr-4.
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

damn even sweeter. now ill take that over a ws6 and evo.
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
Evo all the way
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough
here look at this.....

and think of the sound of a true dual cammed ls1.
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
EVO. forget about america. plus youll have more fun in a EVO.
Old 06-30-2006
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Remember if you plan on modding the Evo the warrenty won't do anything for you.

Quick Reply: WS6 or EVO IX