Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

WS6 or EVO IX

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Day_Tripper
Remember if you plan on modding the Evo the warrenty won't do anything for you.
ok, so if he gets a ws6 and mods it hell still have a warrenty?
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

i
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

i doubt
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

i doubt it.
Old 06-30-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
WS6 warranty is already over with. And the I wouldn't be modding the EVO because it would be a new car. Even the TA I wouldn't mod it except put my racung rims on Slicks on back, 5inch wide on front.
Old 06-30-2006
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Oh ok then that would make sense to get the EVO since you don't plan to mod it so the warrenty would stay

Originally Posted by exturbo6

i doubt it.
I didn't say that... the ws6 didn't have a warrenty to begin with I was just pointing out that the warrenty on the EVO shouldn't be a deciding factor if he plans to mod because it would void it so in that case neither car he picked would have a warrenty.

Last edited by Day_Tripper; 06-30-2006 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-30-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
WS6 hands down. I just sold my T/A. It wasn't in for warranty work once. I miss that car big time. I was running low 12's on street tires. I have a Trailblazer SS now and it's pretty fast for a SUV. It has the 400 hp LS2 from the Corvette.Was running 13.8's bone stock. I had it tuned and it picked up 57hp to the wheels on a tune alone. I put a Yank torque converter and an intake, now i'm running 13.2's in the 1/4. It's AWD and there isn't too much on the street around here that can take me light to light. GM's LS motors run STRONG. There will be a new Camaro in my driveway when it comes out for sure.

Old 06-30-2006
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
exactly what i was thinking when i started reading this thread.

ws6 hands down. these imports make hardly any power compared to the ws6. im sorry evo, sti whatever. for the money spent the ws6 would be way better and sounds 10x better anyway.
i drive a import and love it but as soon as i get a carrier i am going domestic.

Last edited by drunkenmagnum; 06-30-2006 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold
i thought about that once in while
Old 07-01-2006
Registered!!

elitecivicex01 will become famous soon enoughelitecivicex01 will become famous soon enough
Evo >>> anything else

Old 07-01-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Drew you can't really compare these cars, as its, once again, an apple to orange debate. You've got to take alot of things into consideration here. Gas, insurance, warrenty, etc.

I would have to say the Evo, just for the simple fact that I would never buy a premodded car. Who knows whats been done to it, or even what it USED to have done to it. For all you know it had a helluva lot more parts on it before, and could have been raped.

:-/

And for those of you talking about the WS6 raping it, stock for stock, yes. But each is a different car and can be modded for different purposes. Perhaps Drew doesnt want to drag and gets interested in auto-x. I'd like to see you take the WS6 out and compete

Last edited by TheSmuggler; 07-01-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-01-2006
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
i know I'm gonna get flamed for this.....by brad...lmao
fbodys handle well...and with other suspension mods it will handle even better. Just depends on the setup.
Old 07-01-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
True, but to get the same if not better results, you wont have to add those parts to the EVO

Also, the EVO has 4 doors, that may or may not be important to him.

But, like he stated, he loves domestics, so he might want the TA for pure nostalgic value.
Old 07-01-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Evo, always loved them; newer F-bodies, never liked them.
It's your choice, though.
Old 07-01-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i just want a mildly fast car formt he factory. somehting that I don't really have to mod or worry about. the WS6 would have less stuff to worry about tahn the EVO as far as parts go, its still jsut a simply pushrod NA setup. vs. a more complicated turbo setup. I have my bike to own all cars now
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

this is my friends EVO. ill get more pics off my camera later.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

5.0calypso93lx is an unknown quantity at this point
WS6 by far. You people are acting like this car has all these mods so that means it has to have been beaten on. WTF? Its got exhaust. Big deal. Plus those LS1's can take a beating, and nothing beats the sound of a v8. Buy the WS6, take all that extra money you would have blown on an evo, and put it into the ws6, no contest in any performance category.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx
WS6 by far. You people are acting like this car has all these mods so that means it has to have been beaten on. WTF? Its got exhaust. Big deal. Plus those LS1's can take a beating, and nothing beats the sound of a v8. Buy the WS6, take all that extra money you would have blown on an evo, and put it into the ws6, no contest in any performance category.
LMAO ok bro, my boys EVO takes DUMPS on LS1's.
Old 07-03-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

LMAO ok bro, my boys EVO takes DUMPS on LS1's.
just a little defence. your boys EVO is a $36,000 car. A good condition, super low mileage LS1 is $20,000. And for another $4,000 you can easily put LS1's into 10's, and still be extremly reliable. Haven't heard much of that form the EVO's. I would just like an EVO to keep it stock. Maybe small stuff like a boost controller and exhaust.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

o yeah and i forgot to say that his car has been modded since the 3rd week he had it. he got it a lil over a year ago and he has around 35k on it. drives it everyday. and it hasnt broken down once.

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
just a little defence. your boys EVO is a $36,000 car. A good condition, super low mileage LS1 is $20,000. And for another $4,000 you can easily put LS1's into 10's, and still be extremly reliable. Haven't heard much of that form the EVO's. I would just like an EVO to keep it stock. Maybe small stuff like a boost controller and exhaust.
thanks! i gotcha. still would rather have a EVO. IMO looks alot nicer and its AWD.

Last edited by exturbo6; 07-03-2006 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

Thank you...

AWD is so much heavier, and i can't see how anyone could want a performance car in a 4 door.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx
Thank you...

AWD is so much heavier, and i can't see how anyone could want a performance car in a 4 door.
4dr is just as good as anyother car out there. i cant see how poeple would want a **** box america car and think its a good car. but thats right all the muscle heads can only drive there cars in dry sunny weather cause there cars cant handle the rain, and snow. but i guess you wouldnt want something like a 4dr, AWD modded or not for the weather and whatnot around your area.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

4dr is just as good as anyother car out there. i cant see how poeple would want a **** box america car and think its a good car. but thats right all the muscle heads can only drive there cars in dry sunny weather cause there cars cant handle the rain, and snow. but i guess you wouldnt want something like a 4dr, AWD modded or not for the weather and whatnot around your area.
How is a 4 door as good as any other car out there? Since when is weight not a factor? And why the blasting on american cars? The reason our american cars sometimes break, is because they have actual torque. Throw 300 lb/ft of tq at your car, it wouldn't even make one pass down the track. And maybe its because we like to keep our stuff nice and clean, so we keep them out of the rain/snow. If i'd want something for the snow i go buy a psd truck. And you're right, i would never want a 4dr, awd modded car in my area, or any other area for that matter. Why would i want to blow $36 grand, on a 13 second car?
Old 07-03-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

well I actually like 4 doors over coupes. So, thats why I like the EVO so much. And 4 doors are more rigid in thier body structure makeing them better auto x/ rally cars, becuase it dosen't need as much chassie upgradeing. But I have had more problems with my lone import (civic) than any of my american cars ive owned, (87 GTA, 93 corsica, 92 Z24, 98 LaSabre, even my 91 festiva)

Last edited by ajhdragon; 07-03-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

well I actually like 4 doors over coupes. So, thats why I like the EVO so much. And 4 doors are more rigid in thier body structure makeing them better auto x/ rally cars, becuase it dosen't need as much chassie upgradeing. But I have had more problems with my lone import (civic) than any of my american cars ive owned, (87 GTA, 93 corsica, 92 Z24, 98 LaSabre, even my 91 festiva)
Well thats true if thats what you're into. I don't think i agree with the rigidity of a 4 door though. Wouldn't there be way more 4 doors in the road racing that were true? I know at the track here in ohio, mid ohio, there are very few 4 doors, and i can't say i've seen any on espn in the top classes. I could be very wrong though, but i'm not into auto xing/road racing. Now for rally i could see that. But if you like the 4 door than go for it.

Last edited by 5.0calypso93lx; 07-03-2006 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-03-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
I agree on the Domestic vs Import problem part.. This Import quality **** is a MYTH. As for the EVO. We don't the the EVO here in Canada but if it has an interior like a Lancer Ralliart, what a sh1tbox. Plus the EVO is not nice looking at all. But they are pretty quick.
Old 07-03-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

It is true that 4 doors are more rigid, because the openings on the actual car are not as big. So there is more support closer together in the frame. so its a little heavier, but alot more rigid structure.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 04hemiboy
I agree on the Domestic vs Import problem part.. This Import quality **** is a MYTH. As for the EVO. We don't the the EVO here in Canada but if it has an interior like a Lancer Ralliart, what a sh1tbox. Plus the EVO is not nice looking at all. But they are pretty quick.
I agree and disagree with the import vs domestic quality issue. For the most part, anything you buy from honda or toyota is going to be a great car and last a long time with minimal problems. Domestics usually have more problems, but that is only on certain models. I'm going to speak for ford here, because that is my expertise. The cars like the taurus and windstars, give ford a bad name, because they are very poorly built cars. But thats not all fords. Go look back at consumer reports, for the past 5 years. The mustang was in the top 10 each year for reliability. Lincold is also very reliable in quality. Hell, my beater 89 escort had 180k miles with no problems except for a fuel pump, and regular maintanence, and 30 mpg.

And then i can go talk about mitsubishi. Wow what junk. My 91 dsm was a piece of crap and anyone you talk to will tell you that. My buddies 3000gt vr4 has been through a motor, and about 3 trannys. So everyone has their good and bad cars, but to say all domestics are shitboxes, thats just going to show exturbo's level of inteligence, and factless arguements.

But back on topic, don't waste your money on the evo. Is there anyway to start a poll on this thread?
Old 07-03-2006
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
All I can say about the EVO is that I have several friends with them and it's one new clutch after another the tranny is not strong enough for even the stock horsepower... so if you plan on touching it at all and voiding your warrenty get ready to save for new clutches...
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold
thas true i had 2 friends who had their car for less than a year and had to replace them due to slip and lots of grinding.

Quick Reply: WS6 or EVO IX