My New Car - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2006   #1
Downed but not for good

bigmurr will become famous soon enoughbigmurr will become famous soon enough
Smile My New Car

So as some may know my car was totaled about two weeks ago, and now I've just bought a brand 06 scion tC for 18,800 out the door (pretty good since I have an 8000 dollar check coming in for my last car and a settlement for my hand as well). It was so new the truck with the car pulled in straight from Japan a hour before I bought it, no one test drove it but me. Anyway, enough talk I know how you guys just love pics....

bigmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #2
Registered!!

jb1004 will become famous soon enoughjb1004 will become famous soon enough
Not too shabby.
jb1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #3
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
lookin good. i like the civic interior better cause it looks like theres too much going on up there with buttons and stuff. but the outside looks great. any plans, body kit, SC, other mods?
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #4
Registered!!

skoot is an unknown quantity at this point
What engine package did you go with? If I recall there are a couple of options...
skoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #5
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
Why would ya get silver when there are soo many tasty colors on the Tc's?
free_refil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #6
Registered!!

scizod is an unknown quantity at this point
nice car and they are pretty quick but that thing needs a spoiler and to be lowered. There are so many options you can put on that car but it is nice.

Last edited by scizod; 06-17-2006 at 10:32 AM.
scizod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #7
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
great car for the price...looks good overall... i don't see too many silver ones around actually
bOoStEd042dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #8
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
i like it alot... esp. the interior trim
djrabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #9
Downed but not for good

Well I already have a few things in line to put on there. First ofcourse is a window tint duh with that I am going to smoke the tails and 3rd tail light. The pay check after that I might go with the borla exhaust and the lip spoiler. The next pay check after that 1.0-1.5" lower, I drive 100+ mi a day so I need it to be drivable. and so on and so on.
Old 06-17-2006   #10
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Nice choice of a car. Now I guess you gotta join up on Scionlife.com

How's your thumb doing? Is it healing up good?
01HonderCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #11
Downed but not for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
Nice choice of a car. Now I guess you gotta join up on Scionlife.com

How's your thumb doing? Is it healing up good?
I didn't know there was a scionlife I signed up for yousciontc.com which is ok nothing like this site though...I plan on staying here though because I know where my loyalties lie.

My thumb is alright it's going to be in a cast for the next 6 to 8 weeks bummer for my summer and one of my summer jobs (lifeguarding). I'm going to the doctor tuesday to get the stiches removed and another evaluation. but all is good.

I have just put some parts up for sell incase anyone is wondering...
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...83#post3913283

Last edited by bigmurr; 06-17-2006 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-17-2006   #12
Registered!!

HondaSaurusLX is an unknown quantity at this point
That Scion is Hot.. I wanted one so bad and then looked at the EPA numbers.. Only 30 MPG for a car that does 0-60 in 8.5 seconds?? If Toyota could pump another 70 horses out of that engine I would have been more forgiving of the V6-like fuel numbers.
HondaSaurusLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #13
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well you could get the supercharger, it will get much faster. or dezods turbo kit.
Old 06-17-2006   #14
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
congrats on the scion! they are pretty nifty

you should save for a double-din headunit w/screen like

or better, like newer cars have
XxSoVeReiGNxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #15
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I saw an ad in Modified Magazine for Dezod's Turbo Kit for the tC...
01HonderCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006   #16
Downed but not for good

yeah if anything I'm not going to waste money on the supercharger dezods kit looks much better.
Old 06-17-2006   #17
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold
needs a short shifter
kirks04ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #18
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
nice car man.
Mutha Fn FBM 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #19
Downed but not for good

Thanks guys, and yes it does need a short shifter but I can't figure out how to remove the center consol well I do have plenty of time to worry about it.
Old 06-18-2006   #20
Premium Member

i always wondered what that eyelid strip was at the top of the headlights. does it light up or do anything?
Old 06-18-2006   #21
Downed but not for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox
i always wondered what that eyelid strip was at the top of the headlights. does it light up or do anything?
No it's kind of this reflective thing that doesn't light up
Old 06-22-2006   #22
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaSaurusLX
That Scion is Hot.. I wanted one so bad and then looked at the EPA numbers.. Only 30 MPG for a car that does 0-60 in 7.3 seconds?? If Toyota could pump another 70 horses out of that engine I would have been more forgiving of the V6-like fuel numbers.
fixed your 0-60 time.

good choice on the car bigmurr, looks just like mine (same color too). i noticed you were thinking about the borla exhaust, might look at the tsudo catback too ($300 shipped, high quality), check it out on SL.
Al Gore FTW is offline   Reply With Quote