Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

cleared headlights and a dead battery.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spracto is an unknown quantity at this point
cleared headlights and a dead battery.

so today my girlfriend is helping the voters of america and working all day until 8pm. i figured this would be a good day to do something i've wanted to do to the Vic since im gonna have nothing to do....all day.

so i ran down to ace hardware and picked up some silicone sealant for windshields, grabbed a couple buddies, and got started.

clearing the headlights wasn't so bad, the only problem we ran into was one tiny little screw after we had the housing completely off and pried apart. one screw got stripped and we ended up just sliding the amber plate out without ever getting the two pieces of the headlight apart.

there's a pic of it below, nothing too interesting. you can see my "type-R" grille from ebay. i need rims real bad.

the process only took a few hours working slowly as to not break anything.

and now the real point to this post....
when i got in the car and tried to start it absolutely nothing happened. no lights, no sounds, just the beep of the key being inserted into the ignition. my battery has died AGAIN!

I havn't driven the vic in around 4-5 days so something must have been draining it during that time. It wasn't the lights. it wasn't the radio. WTF? I suspect that my new speakers are the cause. I got 4 new speakers all around and powered them with an 800w amp. but why would my battery die when my car was off? it doesn't make sense to me. so i can't drive it anywhere but hey at least it looks good.

Old 06-06-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
looks good you should have blacked them out.
Old 06-06-2006
Dain Bramaged.

jester444 is an unknown quantity at this point
It may be that the battery's so old and crappy it can't hold a charge for that long without assistance of the alternator. That would explain the lack of charge after a long period of time, as opposed to no problems during normal driving.
Old 06-07-2006
Registered!!

Spracto is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks FBM i think they'd look better blacked out myself but i dont have the time or money at this point to do that. im still scraping money together for a sub and thanks to this battery problem it looks like i'll be losing 150 to a yellow top battery very soon. As for the time period of not driving it. I dont why it has started doing that. i used to not drive it for 4-5 day periods all the time during the school year. maybe the heat is getting to it i don't know. at least it ran smooth tonight. i worry if this is going to be a problem in the future though.
Old 06-07-2006
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
Make sure you read some of the reviews before making a decision (battery wise)... People had issues w/ the Optima Yellow Top dying w/i 2 yrs
Old 06-07-2006
Dain Bramaged.

jester444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unless you have several high-draw applications in your car, i.e. large audio system, etc., I would recommend just getting a decent battery from somewhere like Costco or AutoZone so you've got the customer support of a local place.

Last edited by jester444; 06-07-2006 at 04:50 PM. Reason: I'm redarted and catn spel