Rsx type S or Swap - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2006   #1  
Registered!!

PeediCrack30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rsx type S or Swap

Ok guys, i'm a new member who's just joined this incredible website.. I've read and learned a lot about motor swaps and just sweet upgrades for my car.. I've recently decided that I'm interested in more HP.. My brother has a s2000, and after driving that for a few minutes i already knew it was time to for a change.. I just started saving my money, and i'm considering saving 5 grand saling my civic and getting and rsx type s or doing a motor swap for the k20a2 which is the motor of rsx that i want? I'm looking for advise.. what should i do guys???????
PeediCrack30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #2  
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
grab a type S. throw in a k24 instead. keep the k20 head, sell the block for ALOT and get kpro and other stuff. have fun. later.
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #3  
Pinkslip Racer

karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
Imagine the look on the othet guys face if....

1. You pull up to a rsx-s at a light in your rsx-s, you rev at him, he looks at you, looks forward, grips the wheel, light turns green, both of you launch, you win

2. You pull up to a rsx-s at a light in your swapped civic, you rev at him, he looks at you, laughs, tells his buddy sitting next to him, light turns green, both of you launch, you win

which would you rather?
karizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #4  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well a swapped car will always have more problems, a factory car has warranty too
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #5  
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
I would say the RSX only because of the issues that may arise from the swap
SLO REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #6  
AKA e ViSion Socal 7thgen Photoman

OCNja is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by karizzle
Imagine the look on the othet guys face if....

1. You pull up to a rsx-s at a light in your rsx-s, you rev at him, he looks at you, looks forward, grips the wheel, light turns green, both of you launch, you win

2. You pull up to a rsx-s at a light in your swapped civic, you rev at him, he looks at you, laughs, tells his buddy sitting next to him, light turns green, both of you launch, you win

which would you rather?
uuhh streetracing is ghey
OCNja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #7  
Registered!!

LiVe bAiT is an unknown quantity at this point
i was in the same shoes as you. i had a 02 civic and was gonna drop a k20a2 into it. but then i decided wasnt worth it. it was gonna be close to 8k to do the swap. that include motor, tranny, parts to install, some minor bolt ons and k-pro. so instead i took my civic traded it in on a 06 rsx type S. i got 8k for the civic trade used that as a down payment. got the rsx for little over 15 out the door. and i have that money left over saved for the swap to spend on the type s now .... so i say get the rsx.
LiVe bAiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #8  
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
a swap is just as reliable as a stock engine, as long as its done right and you take care of your car.

you will not be able to sell the car for more than usual. probably sell it for less because people know you ****ed with it or raced it.
HondaLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #9  
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
go rsx.. leather seats, 200 hp, hatchback, and everything else you could dream of.
Mutha Fn FBM 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #10  

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
damn it someone listen to me lol. k24 will fit the mounts of the type S the same. its literally just a block swap. take the heads off, put the type S head on the k24. sell the k20 block for about 3-4k. buy the nice stuff with the money you have. a k24 is like 900 bucks. see the profit?
Old 06-02-2006   #11  
Registered!!

PeediCrack30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea i figured the RSX would be best.. Even though a swap could be just a good, i'm never gonna be able to save up 8 grand.. I'm only 17 for crying out loud.. Lol.. Kna but thanks for the help.. When i get the money.. Please believe i'll be posting some pics.. It'll be stock, but what the heck.. I'll be happy..
PeediCrack30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #12  
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinB
damn it someone listen to me lol. k24 will fit the mounts of the type S the same. its literally just a block swap. take the heads off, put the type S head on the k24. sell the k20 block for about 3-4k. buy the nice stuff with the money you have. a k24 is like 900 bucks. see the profit?
well thats an idea, but unless you build the K24, you won't have as high as rev. But build the K24 with about $1200 in parts and then you fiqure another $250 in gaskets and stuff, then sell teh K20 and your about even.
ajhdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #13  
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
i remember reading about a civic 4dr built for the track in taiwan or possibly japan, and they chose it because it handled better and was lighter than an itr ever could be... i'm sure someone will call bs because oh the rsx is so much better blah blah, so i will find the article. though, the swap may present more problems, i do believe an equally powered civic will always be faster and handle better with the appropriate suspension.
modoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #14  

i hear that em2's are faster k20s than the DC5 bodies.
Old 06-02-2006   #15  
Registered!!

AznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really nice
i say get the type s and turn it into a true type r, JDM FTW!!!
AznChinksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #16  
Pinkslip Racer

karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCNja
uuhh streetracing is ghey
uhh, the word imagine was put there for a reason u ****
karizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #17  
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
its simple, if you want speed, the swap.
And if you want luxury, the rsx S.
kasimmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #18  
Registered!!

Anotherslo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd say it comes to money imo... Do you want to make a car payment of approx 15k (after trade) for next 5 years or so... or payback a max loan of
8k for the swap?
Anotherslo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #19  
Registered!!

xtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by modoman
i remember reading about a civic 4dr built for the track in taiwan or possibly japan, and they chose it because it handled better and was lighter than an itr ever could be... i'm sure someone will call bs because oh the rsx is so much better blah blah, so i will find the article. though, the swap may present more problems, i do believe an equally powered civic will always be faster and handle better with the appropriate suspension.
oh yea, i remember that article, it was on TOV i think.
xtreme26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #20  
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
type s
goodtimes is offline   Reply With Quote