Headlight Lens - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2006   #1
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
Headlight Lens

Okay, does anyone kno if the Honda dealership sells headlight lenses...my lenses are all scratched up n I dont wanna buy the entire headlight housing...n if I have to resort to junkyard hunting then I will...but if Honda does sell it, how much...ill call them tomorrow but until then, i hope I can get some help here...
TurismoDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #2
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
nope. you need to buy the whole headlight. not worth it
dp_yz713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #3
Registered!!

VicDawg has a spectacular aura aboutVicDawg has a spectacular aura aboutVicDawg has a spectacular aura about
Yep. not worth it. Go to hondaautomotiveparts.com and you can look it up. Sorry but it wont let me post the actual link cause I'm still a noob.
VicDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #4
Registered!!

rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
arent there some kinda plastic refinishes? sort of like waxes, i thkn i saw someone here talking about it, im not sure though.
rice4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #5
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
How scratched is it? Have you tried plastx?
DDragon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #6
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
its just scratched at spots here n there...not too bad...but still not as perfect as id like it to be and not as perfect as other cars my year running around...ive never heard of plastx, what is that, n who sells it???
TurismoDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #7
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
no....try ebay. if all you need is lenses, you can probably find a decent deal on some headlights that you can take apart and salvage the lens.

thats what i did. its a little more work, but worth it instead of paying like 300+ for new headlights from honda.

oh...just read your last post. if theyre just scratched...and not damaged or anything serious, just do some fine FIIIIIIIIIIIIINE sanding on them and polish them up...you should be able to clear that up. no need to buy lenses...
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #8
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot
no....try ebay. if all you need is lenses, you can probably find a decent deal on some headlights that you can take apart and salvage the lens.

thats what i did. its a little more work, but worth it instead of paying like 300+ for new headlights from honda.

oh...just read your last post. if theyre just scratched...and not damaged or anything serious, just do some fine FIIIIIIIIIIIIINE sanding on them and polish them up...you should be able to clear that up. no need to buy lenses...
if you're gonna go through the trouble of buying a separate pair of headlights off of ebay, why not just install those headlights instead of separating the lenses and installing them onto your existing headlights? that seems super redundant. or maybe i don't understand what you're talking about.

elaborate.
dirtySAMURAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #9
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
maybe he means keep the OEM one abd buy some cheap projector ones and use those lens on the OEM....
dp_yz713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #10
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite012
if you're gonna go through the trouble of buying a separate pair of headlights off of ebay, why not just install those headlights instead of separating the lenses and installing them onto your existing headlights? that seems super redundant. or maybe i don't understand what you're talking about.

elaborate.
in my experience, at least, the headlights i bought off ebay were in slightly worse condition than the ones i was trying to fix. for instance, some of the mounting brackets were broken off. my original intent was to use the headlights, but i realized that all i could use was the lens. but, for $29, it was perfectly fine for what i needed it.

granted, if he finds a good deal on a pair of used headlights that are in good condition, theres no reason to go to all that trouble.

i guess i didnt really explain that whole business...lol

in either case...i think he should try to sand/buff the scratches out before going to the trouble of changing lenses. i mean, how badly scratched up can they be??
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #11
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I bought this little package from Wal-Mart made to buff out automotive lenses. It's a little disc that attaches to your drill, and it came with 5 sponges with this stuff embedded into it that you had to lightly mist to activate. Worked pretty well, but if they're fairly deep scratches, you wouldn't really notice a difference. If they were deep, I'd take some 1000 grit to it, then buff it out with some 2000 grit paper. I remember seeing a thread somewhere about someone doing this, but it was to un-yellow the lenses, not remove scratches...
01HonderCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #12
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
Check out www.autopia.org Their forums have a great wealth of information on automotive finishing and scratch repair, etc.
free_refil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #13
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurismoDreamin
its just scratched at spots here n there...not too bad...but still not as perfect as id like it to be and not as perfect as other cars my year running around...ive never heard of plastx, what is that, n who sells it???
Plastx is just like scratch-x but for plastic, I believe is made by megular, but I have never used it.
DDragon7 is offline   Reply With Quote