Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

spoiler test fit pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
haha. well its all ready now. i'm just gonna put it the right way and have it painted tomorrow. I think its gonna look nice. i put some strong tape on there already too so when its done, just peel and stick lol.
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trustedteg91ls should not be trusted
they sell paint at paintscratch.com, why not just paint it yourself save some $$
Old 04-23-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
i thought you were gonna paint it with autozone paint????? ugh so confused lol. wait, are you taking it to a prof. shop to paint it with autozone paint? WTF??
w/e lol
anyways does it look f'ed up now cus the angles you cut when you made your mind up the first time? you should slightly round the edges with some 320 grit sand paper than go over it again lightly with 800-1200 grit.
Old 04-23-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
no i just said that to see ah whatever. bodyshop is doing it with real paint. the edges look the same as they did when it was longer. I just cut and sanded it to the same shape. everything is very smooth.
Old 04-23-2006

nice, good to hear!
lol yea when i first read the autozone thing, i cringed in fear but kept hope you would let a bodyshop do it with quality paint.
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

jrb121180 will become famous soon enough
i like the lip spoilers. i got mine off of e-bay and it fit perfect, it came with the 3-m tape on the back allready. easy install
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

blinky will become famous soon enoughblinky will become famous soon enough
hmm kinda like this?

Old 04-23-2006
Premium Member

yes!
Old 04-23-2006

thats pertty
Old 04-23-2006
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
blinky, where did you get that spoiler from?
i wonder where i can find a spoiler like Blkcivic's...
the ebay m3 doesn't fit like that
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

mines the original m3 spoiler. no modding needed, just painted and stuck it on
Old 04-23-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by blinky

now that is ugly......
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

Pitch_BlacK is an unknown quantity at this point
Gearbox you should just get the Hybrid deck lid spoiler. I saw a hybrid with it yesterday and it looks damn hot
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

cheukkin is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ it's hard to find man....
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by shroomster
now that is ugly......
care to explain why its ulgy?
Old 04-23-2006
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
keepin it clean
Old 04-23-2006
Premium Member

i dont like it. it looks weird covering the taillight, and it has a hump for the H emblem (which I dont have). Hybrid spoiler is easy to find if you have $200
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
^^ cheukkin: you asked if i'm still selling it... "Blkcivic" bought it from me, but now he's selling it because i believe he doesn't like the way it looks on his car. He's selling it, check the for sale section if you're interested.

Gearbox: I see what you're trying to do now... looks nice on the EL and makes sense now.
Old 04-23-2006

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
care to explain why its ulgy?
same reason as gearbox said...also it looks gaudy with that jut over the tailights....just looks like its a .....a melted wing sorta hehe....I just don't like it....

:::EDIT:::I also think it doesn't look o.e.m. looks like an aftermarket thing but I dunno....
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by shroomster
same reason as gearbox said...also it looks gaudy with that jut over the tailights....just looks like its a .....a melted wing sorta hehe....I just don't like it....

:::EDIT:::I also think it doesn't look o.e.m. looks like an aftermarket thing but I dunno....
mine dosen't go over the tailights ?? u thinks its aftermarket but aftermarket is way longer than mine. i didnt have to chop it of or anything..
Old 04-23-2006

mine dosen't go over the tailights ?? u thinks its aftermarket but aftermarket is way longer than mine. i didnt have to chop it of or anything..
well I said it looks aftermarket that one (in the pic) is o.e.m correct?

regardless I just don't like that "overhang" style period...a spoiler/wing is meant to do that which it is named...not act like a trunk lid drape hehe...
but whatever it's your style and it should only matter to you
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

cleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trusted
it look okay
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
that looks awesome!!!
Old 04-24-2006
Premium Member

i like blinkys. that how mine isgonna look with a lil overlap to blend it in better. its at the shop so i will have pics tonight or tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

Nates02EX is an unknown quantity at this point
blinky's looks good, but the EL's inner tails don't go into the trunklid on top as much as a 4dr civic's do, that's why it looks pretty good, i don't like it being as short as it is in order to not cover the top of the inner tails, when changing the bulbs in the inner tails, do you have to take the whole inner tail out of the trunklid??