Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Just got my Magnaflow Cat-Back in

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got my Magnaflow Cat-Back in

Sounds great IMHO. I recommend it to anyone! A little bit of rattle, but that is to be expected I am sure.

Under Car:

Outside:

and

I'll be getting rid of that "love tap" after I get my car lowered

Last edited by John04Civic; 04-18-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

blackonblack has a spectacular aura aboutblackonblack has a spectacular aura about
sticks out far..no?
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
looks nice but its stickin out a little like stated above
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

my1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
looks great imo
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

Really? I tried adjusting it (it was worse than that), and got it to go in some. I guess I can screw with it more during the weekend. I mean, I have really no issue where its at. As long as the big muffler isn't exposed (and the tip is near flush with the bumper, in fact, a little back), its cool in my book.

Really? I had adjusted it (pushed it back) already, and its just not wanting to budge at all. I guess Sunday I can fix it, but in my book as long as the big muffer isn't exposed, and the tip is near flush (which it is) with the tip of my bumper, its cool in my book.

Thanks for the props my1vtec.

I'm thinking it my be the way the pictures are angled too.

Last edited by John04Civic; 04-18-2006 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

civicrice should not be trustedcivicrice should not be trusted
nice, i got the same 1. only thing that sucks is the midpipe hangs too low and i scrape everything with it.
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civicrice
nice, i got the same 1. only thing that sucks is the midpipe hangs too low and i scrape everything with it.
That doesn't sound too good!

I'm getting it lowered 1.4" next week!!

Oh well its exhaust, its not like anyone is gonna see it...hopefully
Old 04-18-2006
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
i have a magnaflow exhaust. at first it stuck out like that but after a bit it sunk it, now its at a perfect length. and mine aswell rattles. (the piping hits something that connectes to my wheel)
Old 04-19-2006
Boost is so good make you wanna slap ya mamma
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

red_sun is on a distinguished road
My magnaflow dosent rattle thats weird that your guy's rattle.
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

emdude4 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn i guess a lot of ppl have this exhaust , bc i got the same thing, mine doesnt stick out as much u cant see the part where it says magnaflow performance on the tip but it looks sweet . mine rattles when the engine is cold n i puch the gas
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the same exhaust and love it, its one of the best sounding exhausts I have heard so far IMO.

Mine does not stick out too far but then again I have a body kit on so it hides that a bit more.

I do know what you guys mean with the Mid-Pipe hanging too low though, I am lowered and my cat hits everything on the road, going to see if I can fix it though. No rattles though from my exhaust.

Looks good though none the less, good job.
Old 04-19-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
ive had it for 4 years and everyone says it sounds "uncivic like which i think is a good thing. looks good as always.
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

RedBull is an unknown quantity at this point
I got this one too... yeah it does sound uncivic like, everyone says it sound like i got a v6 in my car. Mine hangs alittle low to in the mid pipe, but i'm gonna try and get it raised some. You should go to a certified Magnaflow installer, they should be able to push it back alittle, but it will stick out just some cause how the mounts are setup. Plus a certified Magnaflow installer will help you keep that warrenty, especially with the install so if you rub it the wrong way and it comes loose... they will fix it for free. Also make sure they weld the connections right. It's stainless steel so the temp changes will effect that rattle you guys are taking about. Oh and polish everything now while you can... unless you have access to a lift often. Good luck and nice install!
Old 04-19-2006
Creative Mind Extraodinare

Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by John04Civic
That doesn't sound too good!

I'm getting it lowered 1.4" next week!!

Oh well its exhaust, its not like anyone is gonna see it...hopefully

I also have the same exhaust system. I got a local shop to fix the hang and change the clamps to differnet ones so no I have no scraping. You will have scraping. I got TEIN S-Techs and it was the ***** with all the scraping. If I were you, get the exhaust adjusted while you are getting it lowered.

Other then that, I love the sound of the system and the look is good. I would like to lose the slant cut tip but oh well. still a good system
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Graphicdude
I also have the same exhaust system. I got a local shop to fix the hang and change the clamps to differnet ones so no I have no scraping. You will have scraping. I got TEIN S-Techs and it was the ***** with all the scraping. If I were you, get the exhaust adjusted while you are getting it lowered.

Other then that, I love the sound of the system and the look is good. I would like to lose the slant cut tip but oh well. still a good system
I'll probably see how bad the scraping is on the car. If its once every while... I'm not going to sweat it.

If its all the time (once a day) then I will get the stuff adjusted, as for now... Pretty satisfied... Luckily the car is loud enough so I don't hear and rattles until I slow down to a stop.
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
[QUOTE=civicrice]nice, i got the same 1. only thing that sucks is the midpipe hangs too low and i scrape everything with it.[/QUOTE

i have this exhaust as well and i too scrape EVERYWHERE!!!..it was a pain at first..now i just laugh at peoples faces as i go over short speedbumps...
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Damn...didn't think that this many ppl had this exhaust, but its awesome so ppl should!
Mine use to rattle until I adjusted one of the connectors.

It might be the different years but mine fits perfectly!

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
Originally Posted by civicrice
i have this exhaust as well and i too scrape EVERYWHERE!!!..it was a pain at first..now i just laugh at peoples faces as i go over short speedbumps...
I've only scraped once and it wasn't that bad but I'm not lowered and I avoid big bumps alot. Even in 4x4 mode this is what mine looks like

Last edited by lxcivic2k1; 04-19-2006 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost