Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Sharkfin Over XM Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fieryhill is an unknown quantity at this point
Sharkfin Over XM Antenna

I have The mini-xm magnetic antenna that sticks on your roof. I had an installer do it for me, and the darn thing moves and it has scratched my roof. Well those sharkfin antennas go over Radio antennas but some people buy them to cover their sattelite antenna's. I made some photochops of how it would look on either the front (where the xm is currently mounted) or relocated to the rear? What do you guys think, should I get it? Mount it on the front or the back? Or are there any other alternatives to keep it from scratching the hell out of my roof? Also I think it is actually larger in size than on the actual photochops.

Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

hondoer27 will become famous soon enoughhondoer27 will become famous soon enough
Dont put it on the front

The one in the back looks ok
Old 04-18-2006
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
looks better in the back.
Old 04-18-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Back!!! BACK!!! Front looks like a... bump on the head... or a bad hairdo!

Nice wheels, btw.

Last edited by ramcosca; 04-18-2006 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-18-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
it looks better in the back, but if you don't know what your doing with the antenna while moveing it don't do it. because if you pinch or even worse cut your wire have fun paying $100 for a new antenna. plus it shouldn; move the installer should have cleaned the spot with alchole and then used automotive double sided tape to keep it on there.
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

fieryhill is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I did intstall it myself before without pinching it and it WAS mounted in the back but I thought maybe when the professional installer did it, they would have done it better. Now I'm going to have to figure out where they have it routed and hopefully they didn't cut the antenna to make it shorter otherwise I won't have enough to re-route it through the back. Today I'm going to go back and have them re-do it. So do you guys like the way it looks if I were to mount it in the back or does it look ridiculous?
Originally Posted by ramcosca
Back!!! BACK!!! Front looks like a... bump on the head... or a bad hairdo!

Nice wheels, btw.
Thanks I like em too, simple and clean.

Last edited by fieryhill; 04-18-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-18-2006
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
rear for sure. the front looks sofa king gay.
Old 04-18-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, no man, in the back it looks really nice. Doesn't look ridiculous.

Now, in the front... that's kinda ridiculous, IMHO.

Last edited by ramcosca; 04-18-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-18-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
if they cut the wire it wouldn't work becaue you can't splice the antenna wires on XM and Sirus. so yeah install it on the back.
Old 04-18-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
I vote for the back of your car if you're gonna keep it on the outside. Other wise I'd just stick the antenna on my rear deck inside my car.