General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Aftermarket Security Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
khmaitiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Aftermarket Security Antenna

Hey i was wondering if i could wire the after market Security Antenna to the main car antenna.
like if i bought a spilter of the main raido antenna and then wired it some how to it?? wouldnt this increase my range and get rid of the ugly *** antenna that is on my windshield? ne idea guys?
Old 11-16-2003
Registered!!

any ideas ne one?
Old 11-16-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Why do you have a security antenna? Just to extend the range? Pull it off if you don't like it. I'm sure you don't use your alarm from far away anyway.
Old 11-16-2003
Registered!!

u dont have one like on your windshield?
Old 11-16-2003
Registered!!

and yes i want to do this to extended range
Old 11-16-2003
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have one for my viper 600. I thought they just extended the range you can use it. Bad IMO, since you may sit on the remote or something and unlock your car. You can probably just hide it somewhere and still get a bit more range than without it.
Old 11-16-2003
Registered!!

i know that but imagine how far it would go if u used that radio antenna.. i could liek sit in class and then when its almost over start my car and then it would be all nice and tosty by the time i got there
Old 11-16-2003
Premium Member

Oh okay, since you have remote start. I'm not sure how to wire it in to the car antenna. Maybe check the wiring of the antenna plug that goes to the cd player and see if you can tie those wires to the alarm wires going to its own antenna.
Old 11-17-2003
Registered!!

is there nething in the lil antenna thing that does something?
Old 11-17-2003
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
no, viper alarms dont work on FM frequencies. they used to a long time ago, but responder technology doesnt use FM. i tucked my 790xv antenna between my roof and liner. if anything it would worsen your range because the FM antenna in your car wasnt designed to transmit signals, only receive.