Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

What Body Kit Should I Get?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006
Nytelandz

What Body Kit Should I Get?

Okay, I'm thinking of getting a Body Kit. Right now i have a Kaminari spoiler that came with the car when i got it. heres a list of the kits i'm thinking of.

This is what my car looks right now.

[this would match my spoiler]

sorry the external link
http://www.2loww.com/2001Civickitspage.html
[JDM Buddy Club 2]
or
[Bomex Style]

Last edited by Nytelandz; 04-17-2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-17-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BERGER will become famous soon enoughBERGER will become famous soon enough
get the buddy club 2 kit!! nice and clean and doesn't yell for attention like the bomex front bumper does.. the kaminari kit is also nice but if i were to be buying a kit again i would go with the BC2..
Old 04-17-2006
Ever Wonder What P.O.S.B.A.S. Is An Acronym For

P.O.S.B.A.S.04 will become famous soon enoughP.O.S.B.A.S.04 will become famous soon enough
it all depends on what you are looking for! are you going for show? if so get an R34 or the Bomex. if you want a clean, sophisticated look, i would go with the Buddy Club 2 kit. i am partial to that one though, it has always been my favorite. if you are doing it just as a daily driver...i would go with a lip kit...don't add more weight to an already 'heavy' car, lol
Old 04-17-2006
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
which one do you like the best?

get that one!
Old 04-17-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
i have the bomex knockoff kit...and unless you can find it in urethane ( i can't), i would advise against it. my car is lowered on S-techs and 17s...and for one i scrape everywhere...so it should be no suprise that i've cracked the front 3 times in 2 years...damn steep-azz driveways and potholes...i would go with a lip kit on your DD, and since you have an 01-03, the kaminari is sounding even better....

btw, i just ordered the FIRST Kaminari lip kit for the 04-05 coupes ...should be here tomorrow...after 4 months of setbacks ...damn thing should have been installed and painted by now....
Old 04-17-2006
Nytelandz

thanks guys for all ur feedback, i'm leaning more towards the kaminari lip kit, but its pretty expensive around $800 and painting it cost like $500. but it seems really good quality. how much do u think i should lower my car with the kit on?
Old 04-17-2006
Registered!!

DelSolid is an unknown quantity at this point
None. Make your car GO fast rather then try to make it LOOK fast.
Old 04-17-2006
Nytelandz

yeah i know that, but i wanted a kit so it'd match my spoiler. lowering it and new rims. cuz just having a spoiler doesnt look right w.o a kit. and i could take it off but i like it. i'm gonna do performance parts but after i get a kit and some rims.
Old 04-17-2006
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Nytelandz
thanks guys for all ur feedback, i'm leaning more towards the kaminari lip kit, but its pretty expensive around $800 and painting it cost like $500. but it seems really good quality. how much do u think i should lower my car with the kit on?
Ha ha, funny this thread showed up. I actually just came back from the shop and ordered the kaminari lip kit. Everything cost me $1100 including shipping. ( I live in the middle of the freakin' Pacific Ocean so shipping cost is a bitc#!!....) It'll take about a month to get here. Personally, I think it's worth it. good quality and fitment is guaranteed. With lowering your car, I would say 1.75 inch to 2.25 inch should be good.
Old 04-17-2006
Lost in the Matrix

Transformer_Guy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
i have the bomex knockoff kit...and unless you can find it in urethane ( i can't), i would advise against it. my car is lowered on S-techs and 17s...and for one i scrape everywhere...so it should be no suprise that i've cracked the front 3 times in 2 years...damn steep-azz driveways and potholes...i would go with a lip kit on your DD, and since you have an 01-03, the kaminari is sounding even better....

btw, i just ordered the FIRST Kaminari lip kit for the 04-05 coupes ...should be here tomorrow...after 4 months of setbacks ...damn thing should have been installed and painted by now....
S-techs dont drop the car that low, you just have to be more careful when you drive. Most kits on 17's with tein springs are roughly the same hight (R34 with 17's and S-techs). Just dont go up steep driveways and drive slower so you can avoid pothole, its as simple as that. Ive had my fiberglass kit on for 2 years and no cracks yet
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

mateusz is an unknown quantity at this point
BC2 looks hot