Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

F&$K! so close and now this.....my cars turbo project set back again. rant.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
F&$K! so close and now this.....my cars turbo project set back again. rant.

ok so since about a month ago my cars been in the shop for a blockguard,camshaft/springs/retainers, turbo, tons of fun electronics, some other lil things, clutch. i have had alot of setbacks, some VERY serious, like losing a family member and discovering recently another one has cancer. ive worked around all the setbacks and now finally today all i had to do was put on the valve cover, hook up some vacuum hoses, start the car.
so i get to the shop after school, start adjusting valve lash, when i knotice one valve sits lower than the rest oddly. first thing in my head is bent valve but im really praying something is holdign it open. so i take the plug out and open the valve and blow some air through to clear debris, still short. so i hold my hand over it and turn the crankshaft to check compression, nowhere to be found. ok now i know its a bent valve but dont wanna admit it lol. i have my dad come double check before i kill someone. he agrees. so now when my motor was completely together i have to tear it down again to replace a valve!!!!!!
shortly after finding this out i found the first junk car in the lot and beat the **** out of the hood, my right hand now hurts haha.
i expected it out friday morning/thursday night, now i dunno. im skipping classes tomorow to work on her till 6, then my gf is gone for ten days to italy so that gives me more days to work till the cows come home, so ill work relentlessly god permitting. and my new goal is to get it ou NEXT friday, i could do it sooner but im giving myself some time because i know more **** will go wrong. but on the brightside this will give me a chance to fix a stripped bolt hole in the head(ex. mani.)
any new fun things i find ill post. feel free to rant with me hahaha
[/rant]
Old 04-11-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
rable rable rable! rable rable!! damn i would skip school for my car too i have actually i waited at home to recieve someparts and missed 2 classes but good luck with that valve spring and what car did u beat up?
Old 04-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shifty is on a distinguished road
cliff notes?.....lol. Thats sucks bro, but all these things are part of modding. Goodluck and keep us updated
Old 04-11-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Its OK, my turbo project was comming together slower then I've anticipated. Congrats, you're not alone! lol
I hope you wont wait for replacement pats long.
Good luck!
Old 04-11-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
dont hit your car!!!! LOL. I dont get why people do that????
Old 04-12-2006

parts wont take long, get deals through a honda dealer across the street, maybe a day or two.

for the record i didnt punch my car, i found a crahsed car and beat the poop out of the hood.

pic update, i tore down the head, heres the problem valve

Last edited by ncirom2003; 04-12-2006 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-12-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
^^**** that sux. well good luck with the reinstall adn wish things turn around for you.
Old 04-12-2006
Registered!!

soccer1cb is an unknown quantity at this point
Skip all the school you can.....sorry about the valve and good luck with the rebuild...
Old 04-12-2006
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
git-r-done.
Old 04-12-2006

i just realized ive been planning to git-r-done since i bought my seats off you........hmmm procrastination much? lol few more days though
Old 04-12-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Eh.... I skipped work on tuesday to finish the turbo.... Welcome to the club!
Old 04-13-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
and ya never noticed that bent valve because? hehe just messing...
Old 04-13-2006

lol cus it bent after the head was on. i didnt have much time today cus i went to pick up a SShose (that was wrong size and too expensive) so i just re-assembled the head and drew up a game plan to finish car.

lol cus it bent after the head was on. i didnt have much time today cus i went to pick up a SShose (that was wrong size and too expensive) so i just re-assembled the head and drew up a game plan to finish car.

Last edited by ncirom2003; 04-13-2006 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost