Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

2005 DX Sedan Questions

Old 04-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Begotten is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 DX Sedan Questions

I have a few questions for the gearheads here. I've been visiting the site for about a month now, but there are a few things I need cleared up. I apologize if it's redundant, but I have searched thouroughly, and need help on these specifics. I have a 2005 DX Sedan. Originally, I wasn't going to mod this at all, but my wife bought a new car last month, and I now drive this car exclusively. I want a Weapon-R intake, and the cheapest I found it is $199 (if anyone has it for less, let me know), and I want an exhaust. Well, I have read to buy a catback (Apex, EVO 2, HKS), and I have heard to buy a muffler and get custom piping. I don't know exactly what this means. Do I just buy a muffler and take it to a shop and tell them this? Also, I am having trouble finding a head unit to fit my car. Any suggestions? I did find a Type-B lip kit, and I plan on buying that, also. Sorry about the long post, I just want to get my stuff together. Thanks
Old 04-03-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
the weapon r is supposed to be an excellent intake for our cars. as for the exhaust, apexi, greddy, and hks are great brands to get. just keep your eyes on the for sale/trade section and you can probably get them for relatively cheap. in my opinion, and from my personal experience, just getting a muffler and getting custom piping results in a $hitty exhaust. just try to get a full catback from someone on the site. as for the headunit, you can get any universal HU to fit in the slot. then all you have to do is get the installation kit from pepboys for like $10.
Old 04-03-2006
Registered!!

SloCol-Vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
welcome to the site first off. Everything Rennen stated is for the intake and radio fitment is true excpet if u did decide to go the route of custom exhuast don't go to your normal muffler shop you would want to go to shop that can do mandrel bends and not compression bends but down side is you will probally spend the same amount if not more doing a custom exhaust. My 2 cents
Old 04-03-2006
4 cyclinders down, 4 to go.....

acjones21 is an unknown quantity at this point
don't think about the civic like a sports car and you'll come out much happier in the end. The weapon R is supposed to give you the most HP and a custom mandrel stainless exhaut is sexy on a 350Z, but on the vic just get regular crush bent pipes and a V2. AEM V2s are for sale on here all of the time and they are half the price. You're not going to get any HP gains anyway and the RSR is the only exhaust that I've heard on a SOHC that didn't sound like **** and it's $500.
Old 04-03-2006
Registered!!

Begotten is an unknown quantity at this point
You're right--I don't think of it as a sports car. I just love the sound of an exhaust when I hear a car drive by me, and I don't expect to race anyone. I look at it like this--some people can go out and buy an M3 or a Skyline, all I can do right now is make my car the best I can. That's why I ask these questions, to make the best decisions about my car, unlike the majority where I live.
Old 04-03-2006
4 cyclinders down, 4 to go.....

acjones21 is an unknown quantity at this point
I totally understand. I have a DX too (VP), and the first thing that I did was get some sway bars. it makes a HUGE difference. I just waited around and got some OEM ones that people were selling. they bolt right up in the front, but the rear needs an adapter kit (hit Dezod up for a good deal). Enjoy your car !
Old 04-03-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Get the weapon-R secret weapon intake it fits any 01-05 civic. Sometimes it requires a bit of work but well worth it. Best intake hands down out of the 5 others i tried.

www.weaponspeed.com

^still on sale for $170 shipped!

here are some pics

Last edited by gearbox; 04-03-2006 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost