Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Presenting the BLUE LED gauge cluster!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Presenting the BLUE LED gauge cluster!

This monster has almost 40 blue leds hooked together for a combined luminous intensity of 400,000 mcd!! The cluster is off an 01 civic sedan and now has cleared (white) needles and complete blue lighting. The brightness was so intense, I had to use the snowman mode on the camera

Old 03-31-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Holy crap thats blindly bright.
Old 03-31-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya? it lights up my room nicely

Old 03-31-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
holy shittt........ thats nice... but i think i would be blind when i drive haha... can make something like that for 05's???
Old 03-31-2006
Premium Member

i'm workin on it. and besides, there's always the dimmer switch haha.
Old 03-31-2006
Registered!!

etrof is an unknown quantity at this point
are selling those things? if so i want one!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2006
Registered!!

dk1021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good work as always =P
Old 03-31-2006
Premium Member

well this is for a member if he doesn't want it I'm gonna post it for $180. I normally charge $100 if you send in your cluster.
Old 03-31-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
40 leds isnt that expensive? i got 13 for 23
Old 03-31-2006
Premium Member

ya i paid around $40 for leds and more for other misc supplies. the leds are very bright tho, 10,000 mcd each. I charge $100 but really i dont make much profit off these once you factor time and materials.

my spare clusters I can usually find for $85 shipped average on ebay which is nice. I think they realized this tho after i bought 3, now they are all $150 lol.
Old 03-31-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
how do u get a power source? i wanna try my lights before putting it back in my car i want as little dark spot as possible
Old 03-31-2006
Premium Member

well with leds its tricky. they work without resistor on my 12v lantern battery, but for the car 14.4v i need to add resistor. and once i do, they will be much dimmer cause of the voltage difference. just be aware of the differences. I found my battery at farm and fleet. make sure to get 12v, cause most are only 6v or 9v. that way it will be like your car battery with the car off.
Old 04-01-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Bright but awesome looking. Thats what I was looking for when I wanted to change my guages. Too bad I couldn't find something like that before college, lol.
Old 04-01-2006
Registered!!

cj2185 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dam, those are bright. You can light up the streets w/ those things, lol.
Old 04-01-2006

vietstylez will become famous soon enough
good lord.. you sir, are insane
Old 04-01-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Thats hot man, great job and effort, looks amazing. Try doing it with red LED's
Old 04-01-2006

i want to see WHITE
Old 04-01-2006
rhein05 has been mutated to cIvIc_xyza

cIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nice
dude.. dont forget to tell me when you can do the 04s.. but how long dose it take u in case i send mine.. coz idnt have any reserver clusters
Old 04-01-2006
Premium Member

the problem with white is that its not a pure white. Most of the older clusters don't use clear plastic to print the gauge on. Its more of a brownish color, so white leds look like vanilla color or something lol. I've tried it long ago.
Old 04-01-2006
Registered!!

Supa_Fli is an unknown quantity at this point
thats looking really good and bright as s#!t!!
Old 04-01-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Daaaaamn. Too bright, Gbox!
Other than that, great job! You're like a Dezod but for interior accessories!
Old 04-01-2006

Originally Posted by gearbox
the problem with white is that its not a pure white. Most of the older clusters don't use clear plastic to print the gauge on. Its more of a brownish color, so white leds look like vanilla color or something lol. I've tried it long ago.
bahh.. u can clear the needles, surely u can clear the plastic!
Old 04-01-2006
Premium Member

well the plastic itself is tinted, I already can clear the paint off. maybe i just need brighter leds. I have one more dx cluster I'm gonna try. I'll post a pic for you later... i guess i could always tape off the brown marks so only the numbers and middle ticks light up.
Old 04-01-2006
Registered!!

DAVE-R is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow those look great, great job!
Old 04-01-2006
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
holy hell.. me likey.. if you ever figure out something for the 03+ cluster, i'm definitely gonna hit you up.. lol

Old 04-01-2006
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light
sooo fawking sexy gearbox... you are the shyt!!!!
Old 04-01-2006
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold
nice and bright
Old 04-01-2006
Premium Member

yup they are very visible in daylight too!