Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Question about keyhole and door lock

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
Question about keyhole and door lock

Last night, I went to the movies. It seems that somebody tried breaking into my car. I noticed a dent on the passenger side door right by the door handle. When I looked into it closely, the keyhole got all mangled and the door handle is slightly popped out. When I looked into the keyhole closer, it looks like someone stuck a screw driver in it and tried to either turn it or pop the door handle off. I tried sticking the key in the keyhole to see if it was still functional but the key wouldn't even go in nor turn to unlock the door. Now, I know I have to replace the keyhole and locking mechanism inside and that it has to be custom to fit my key, but I don't know what it's called or how much it would cost. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

mateusz is an unknown quantity at this point
did u report it to insurance ?
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mateusz
did u report it to insurance ?
They didn't steal anything plus the deductible is like $500. I just want to know what I have to replace and about how much it's going to cost.
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
hmmmmm...I'm thinking...i'm hoping...tell me they didn't scratch ur door trying to pry ur look in or out..???---->>>dealer<<<---- they can replace ur key hole and handle for about 250, with u being able to use ur original key and stuff. now if they scratched ur door around the keyhole area, man u would have to get that whole bi+ch painted over and it can run u close to a grand from the dealer....damn ******
Old 02-25-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by simplicated1979
hmmmmm...I'm thinking...i'm hoping...tell me they didn't scratch ur door trying to pry ur look in or out..???---->>>dealer<<<---- they can replace ur key hole and handle for about 250, with u being able to use ur original key and stuff. now if they scratched ur door around the keyhole area, man u would have to get that whole bi+ch painted over and it can run u close to a grand from the dealer....damn ******
Just a dent, no scratches which doesn't bother me because I'm getting a new car soon. When you said keyhole and handle, does that include the lock cylinder or just the key hole itself? I don't think I will be needing a new door handle because it is not damaged that bad. Unless I need to replace it because of the keyhole.
Old 02-25-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Pm with E-Mail address and I will send you the parts info I have, You can look it over.

Also, coupe or sedan ??