Chooseing my new summer ride - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2006   #1  
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Chooseing my new summer ride

Well time to get myself a bike. Here are my reasons for getting one. Less wear and tear on my car, cheaper in gas than a turbo civic, and might as well because I don't have AC in the civic anymore so probably more comfortable than a car in 100 degree summers. I was going to sell the civic and get an EVO IX, but since the civic is running great, and has a ton of sentimental value I decided im going to keep my california gold, low rider inspired baby. Narrowed it down to these 4 bikes. I'm leaning towards wither the Yamaha.

Honda CBR600RR
Yamaha YZF600R
Kawasaki ZZR600
Suzuki GSX-R600
ajhdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #2  
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
do what you were gonna do and get an evo
Mutha Fn FBM 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #3  
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Really no need for an EVO even if it is a super hot car, this way i don't have another car payment, its alot cheaper, and my car dosen't even have 10k miles on it yet. So, still pretty much new.
Old 02-16-2006   #4  
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
dang yeah youre rite. payments suck..
Mutha Fn FBM 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #5  
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Im going to say GSX-R. Fast enough and one hot bike.
Tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #6  
Registered!!

4_door_fury is an unknown quantity at this point
Gsxr
4_door_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #7  
7thgens official a$$hole

lets remember the GSX-R is no Hybusa, and the yamaha is cheaper, looks just as good, and has more parts avalible.
Old 02-16-2006   #8  
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
....i suggest the yamaha yzf, i like that bike or jus get the gixxer......AND if ur an experienced biker, take the busa fo sho
claudeboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #9  
7thgens official a$$hole

I am semi experienced but definatly not looking to get anything bigger than these bikes, might step up into the 700cc range. I have no place on a 1300cc rocket like a hybusa.
Old 02-16-2006   #10  
There is [email protected] in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
more parts? There is a ton of parts for all bikes, Graphics, Suspension, Tires, Wheels, Motor, Exhaust, you name it, they have it for all bikes.

Honestly i like the Kawasaki ZZR600, not many people ride them, Hondas are dime a dozen along with Gixxers. Go with the Kawasaki, its comfortable to ride too. How tall are you. I'm 5'9" and the Kawasaki just felt nice, Gixxers tank is way to f'n big.
drew22mader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #11  
Championship White 04 Ex Coupe

jzuha01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Get the gxr-600, thats what I have and I love the damn thing. Great ride balanced very well and just all around good bike. The new models are even better then the one I have which is an 04. So go for the gxr-600 there might be alot of them out there, but theres only one reason why because they are good bikes.
jzuha01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #12  
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
i like the CBR, i want an 05 CBR-F4i
CenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #13  
Banned

LowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to all
1st choice Yamaha 2nd choice Suzuki... Gixxr looks the best but the r6 rides the best imo
LowLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #14  
7thgens official a$$hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLife
1st choice Yamaha 2nd choice Suzuki... Gixxr looks the best but the r6 rides the best imo
from what ive heard from all my niker buddies this is true. i have ridden the ninja and honda. but from what everybody tells me the R6 is the best one, it revs the higest and rides super smooth.
Old 02-16-2006   #15  
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
r6 do ride the best, i rode 05 r6, 04 ninja, and 01 cbr and the r6 was the most comfortable and i think the fastest to me

but i am loyal to yami's i had them my whole life and they are awsome!
dp_yz713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #16  
Banned

LowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to all
Also id get a used one to start out on... you always wreck your first bike somehow... of course i don't know what semi experienced means to you, just my .02. save some loot practice and play then buy a new one
LowLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #17  
7thgens official a$$hole

wasn;t gonna get a new one looking in the 02-04 range.
Old 02-16-2006   #18  
Registered!!

Hank_Si is an unknown quantity at this point
I had an 04' Ninja ZX636R, I loved it, then I wrecked it. I would say in my opinion go with a GSXR or a Ninja, personally I think the GSXR is more comfortable. Anyways, riding a bike in 100 degree heat in middle of summer probably sucks worse than driving a car with no a/c. Basically you are sitting right on top of a 200+ degree motor, it gets very hot. But hey good luck with whatever you get and be safe on it.
Hank_Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #19  
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
those are horrible reasons to buy a bike. you get a bike cause you want to ride fast. lol and because its fun...not to save money. haha

of your choices, i like the gixxer and the cbr.

look into these also, they are great bikes:
suzuki sv650s
honda cbr f4
honda 599

oh yeah...to add to ^^...sitting on a bike in summer heat, in full leathers, cant be that much better than no a/c...
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #20  
7thgens official a$$hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot
those are horrible reasons to buy a bike. you get a bike cause you want to ride fast. lol and because its fun...not to save money. haha

of your choices, i like the gixxer and the cbr.

look into these also, they are great bikes:
suzuki sv650s
honda cbr f4
honda 599

oh yeah...to add to ^^...sitting on a bike in summer heat, in full leathers, cant be that much better than no a/c...
yeah the main reasona are to pick up chicks and go fast. thats a given so i didn't post that.
Old 02-17-2006   #21  
Registered!!

Willabee should not be trustedWillabee should not be trusted
definately go withthe gsx-r
Willabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006   #22  
Registered!!

sil04ver is an unknown quantity at this point
we have a 04 gixxer 1000, i love it, but then again its all ive ridden besides a busa. the new ones are even nicer. idk if youre set on a sportbike, check out Yamaha Roadstar Warrior....****in sweet, big aftermarket too.
sil04ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006   #23  
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhdragon
from what ive heard from all my niker buddies this is true. i have ridden the ninja and honda. but from what everybody tells me the R6 is the best one, it revs the higest and rides super smooth.
Yamahas are fragile, IMHO, crashing one can be expensive. And ask yourself, is a bike that revs the highest really the best? for stop and go city driving? They're good bikes for the track, no doubt, but I question high revving bikes in a city (ie: the '17.5k' redline on the new R6, though not really 17.5k, but you get the idea...)

I'd go with the CBR, not only is it reliable as all hell, but its durable, goes where you point it and should be easy to find used (a lot of people buy them, mess up, never go near a bike again and sell them). You'll find more CBRs for sale used than anything else, at least from what I've seen. Plus they're a Honda. Make sure to opt for the F4i (2001+) vs the F4 (carbed, not fuel injected).

The GSXR is a bit twitchy from what I've seen..

The 919 recommended above isn't too bad, its the old Honda CBR900RR engine stuffed into a naked bike and made FI. As someone who has a Fireblade, I can vouch for how good that engine is, the bike is no slouch.
dre2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006   #24  
You gotta be as blind as Anne Frank not to see that

ddevil0013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp_yz713
r6 do ride the best, i rode 05 r6, 04 ninja, and 01 cbr and the r6 was the most comfortable and i think the fastest to me

but i am loyal to yami's i had them my whole life and they are awsome!
touche...go yamaha!!

(see avatar )
ddevil0013 is offline   Reply With Quote