Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

just my luck...OWNED bodyshop guy

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
redem2 has a spectacular aura aboutredem2 has a spectacular aura about
just my luck...OWNED bodyshop guy

some girl backed into my back bumper at the local high school last tuesday. scraped the passenger side (back bumper) pretty bad. The week before some idiot scraped the drivers side (also the back bumper). the guy didnt have a insurance, a liscense, or registration. Im like wtf? you're gonna fix the damage or im calling the cops. So we worked something out. I got an estimate for the drivers side at toyota body shop. was about $300 to sand, paint, and blend a scratch about 5" by 3". the guy pays me. anyways, got an estimate on the passenger side the same day it was hit...was about $400. the girl had insurance and everything, so it was no problem.

The problem is, i went to pick up my car saturday morning. I was excited, anyways, the passenger side looked beautiful, as it was new. I walk around to the drivers side and HOLY SH*T! They didn't paint it, but they clearcoated it...i mean WTF?!?! It looked retarded. The bodyshop guy probly thought i was stupid or something, but anyways...heres the interesting conversation we had...

me: so...you guys didnt paint this side?
bodyshop guy: we weren't suppose to.
me: so...you clearcoated it instead? What is this? Some kind of joke? I paid $400. I expect a better paintjob.
bodyshop guy: sir, if you look on your estimate it says that the price only covers the passenger side.
**I looked at the estimate and sure enough it said "prepare & refinish pass. rear" so....
me: umm...yeah, but you guys clearcoated the drivers side. where does it say that on the estimate?

at this point he realizes that they had screwed up and so he offers to repaint the whole rear bumper for me. So I basically had $300 to spend, and since my wife is out of town til tuesday i threw two crazy parties...friday and saturday, and my friends and i had a kick back tonight. they just left, and i an bored as f*ck so i just thought id share these beautiful moments with you 7thgeners. Im a little buzzing, so excuse my grammer.
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

Aaron Bereznak is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, so why are you at the local highschool if your married? seems like you had fun this weekend. Glad everything got straightened out for ya
Old 02-13-2006
Downed but not for good

bigmurr will become famous soon enoughbigmurr will become famous soon enough
Man I hate body shops... They tried pulling that **** on me.
I have my entire back end sawed off and repaired after hydroplaning. When I get me car I notice among other things that my rear speakers sound blown. I'm like wtf so I buy nice new ones and when I install them I find a metal brick that they left sitting on my speaker... What possesses someone to do **** like that? Needless to say the guy who worked on my car was fired.
Old 02-13-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Aaron Bereznak
lol, so why are you at the local highschool if your married? seems like you had fun this weekend. Glad everything got straightened out for ya
ohhh....dont get it wrong. im a high school biology teacher
Old 02-13-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
dang when i was a kid i never looked at my teacher and thought of them as alcoholics.. what the heck?
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

haha thats true...same here. but im only 21 y.o., so im still into partying and stuff, but i get my work done. its my first semester teaching too. anyways, i get my car back tomorow! so excited.
Old 02-14-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Hey where you getting you stuff done, so i know where not to take my car lol.
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

noxit.r3fk is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by redem2
haha thats true...same here. but im only 21 y.o., so im still into partying and stuff, but i get my work done. its my first semester teaching too. anyways, i get my car back tomorow! so excited.
wtf 21? for some reason i can't cope with that maybe its cause im 21 and not a teacher ...
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont get how you're a high school teacher. are you done with college and have a b.a. or a b.s. already? wait actually, nevermind hahaha. i forgot you're normally 21 or 22 when you graduate undergrad. haha i'm trippin and i'm tired from studying for my midterms -_-;;
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

i graduated high school when i was 17. ever since i started college, ive been scraping every penny for summer school, and it paid off. I have a b.a. in natural science and trying to take a few more classes so that i can get a b.s. in biology as well. i have plenty of clinical experience, and was planning to go to med school, but with a baby on the way and a mortgage to pay, i doubt that'll be anytime soon, if ever.

anyways, i got my car back today. looks great! they waxed and polished it too. my car is so shinny. I would post some pictures, but the battery on my digicam is f*cked. anyways enjoy whats left of your valentines guys.
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

glassJAwzr is an unknown quantity at this point
some girl backed into my back bumper at the local high school last tuesday. scraped the passenger side (back bumper) pretty bad. The week before some idiot scraped the drivers side (also the back bumper). the guy didnt have a insurance, a liscense, or registration. Im like wtf? you're gonna fix the damage or im calling the cops. So we worked something out. I got an estimate for the drivers side at toyota body shop. was about $300 to sand, paint, and blend a scratch about 5" by 3". the guy pays me. anyways, got an estimate on the passenger side the same day it was hit...was about $400. the girl had insurance and everything, so it was no problem.

The problem is, i went to pick up my car saturday morning. I was excited, anyways, the passenger side looked beautiful, as it was new. I walk around to the drivers side and HOLY SH*T! They didn't paint it, but they clearcoated it...i mean WTF?!?! It looked retarded. The bodyshop guy probly thought i was stupid or something, but anyways...heres the interesting conversation we had...

me: so...you guys didnt paint this side?
bodyshop guy: we weren't suppose to.
me: so...you clearcoated it instead? What is this? Some kind of joke? I paid $400. I expect a better paintjob.
bodyshop guy: sir, if you look on your estimate it says that the price only covers the passenger side.
**I looked at the estimate and sure enough it said "prepare & refinish pass. rear" so....
me: umm...yeah, but you guys clearcoated the drivers side. where does it say that on the estimate?

at this point he realizes that they had screwed up and so he offers to repaint the whole rear bumper for me. So I basically had $300 to spend, and since my wife is out of town til tuesday i threw two crazy parties...friday and saturday, and my friends and i had a kick back tonight. they just left, and i an bored as f*ck so i just thought id share these beautiful moments with you 7thgeners. Im a little buzzing, so excuse my grammer.
good one bro,you owned that bastard
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

straightfaced is an unknown quantity at this point
Good story....funny but good. you can never reallly trust any body shop or mechanic. I remember this one time at the mechanics (honda) I watched them take my car for like a 30min drive.....that pissed me off, never been there since
Old 02-16-2006
Premium Member

What sucks even more is when they take your car apart and break some parts in the process and try to say it was already damaged. I always have the adjuster from my insurance inspect every little detail before I take it in.