Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Damn You DrewMader

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006
If Your Reading This Your Dee Dee Dee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad_Civc is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn You DrewMader

well ... after thinking out some stuff .. i decided to paint my civic Ralleye Red from NHBP ..

but what really made me think to do it is DrewMader.. i looked thru his pics and others ralleye reds and fell in love with the color...

the 04 tails and ralleye red are a gorgeous combo.. i talked to this kid i seen that had altezzas on his 04 and im gonna trade him my stock tail lights for his stock tail lights ( haha i got 04 tails for the stock 01 tails )

im gonna do ralleye red mirrors down ( including the mirrors ) , cf hood and trunk and paint the windows up area jet black..

some nice high gloss black wheels , red anodized lugs , keeping my black tyc projectors..

but im hopin to get it painted by may.. i talked to a guy today about it and he said its gonna be like 1200 bucks .. but its completely sanding down , dent removal and dent filling , door jambs , the stock hood and trunk lid ( incase something happens to the cf trunk or hood i can slap them on there til i get the cf fixed or replaced ) , the tsunami front repaired , mounted and painted, tsunami sides molded and painted, tsunami rear molded and painted...

hopefully by may all this will be done so i can begin work on my swap.. i got me a k20 block last week ill be building up for a single beefy t3/t4 turbo ... and maybe by september of 06 it will be k20'd and turbod..

so drew +1 rep for the mad cleanlyness of your ralleye red.. its the one i looked at the most for the decision making process..
Old 02-03-2006
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
u know what man. drews car, and ive seen it in person is one of the most amazing 7th gens out there. its so simple but its so clean. he has one sick ride.
Old 02-03-2006
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Why spend the money to paint your car a factory color though? Why not just buy a used red civic or find another red to paint it or else you are gonna spend a whole lot of money on something you could have just bought... I would find a different red just to make it worth the money
Old 02-03-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya someone here did the s2k red and it turned out good
Old 02-03-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
the paint is not that expensive. i bought nhbp with the clear and everything and it was maybe $400. im sure that the molding of the sides and rear add a little more moeny too it. save some money and wet sand it yourself a few times, then bring it to them as soon as you finish it.
Old 02-03-2006
i have a new home do u

v8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah got with the s2000 red it is pure red amazing color. when i saw it i almost wanted to get my ralle red repainted that color its so red
Old 02-03-2006

the ralleye red is nice.. i wanted one but i took the nhbp .. i searched 3 states for a 01-03 civic coupe in ralleye red and i wanted an EX .. i couldnt find one so i settled with my NHBP 01...

anyways ... the 1200 bucks im spending is for materials , labor , and everything ...

if you guys seen the roof of my civic you would have thought its hail damage... its from my car top from papa johns.. i deliver and the car top has put about a dozen small dents in the roof..

plus i got a few more noticeable dents in the upper body line on the quarter panel on the passenger side from something.. then the the drivers quarter panel has a nice dent on it from the time i slipped cleaning the snow off and hit my head on the car ( it fricken hurt me double time.. the pain of the headache and the pain of a dent )..

the cf hood would be wet sanded down and a clear coat with a tint of red would be applied to the hood and trunk ... plus the clear on the black on the roof too ..

as for the Ralleye Red the major reasoning behind a factory color is the ease of paint touch ups.. i had my civic keyed and i did a touch up paint job on it and you dont notice any more..

as for insurance my insurance company doesnt care about the color of the car... hell even when i swap the k20 in my insurance wont change.. i already asked em about it they will cover it just like it came factory in it as long as they get a copy of the bill of sale for the motor and everything related to the swap...

but im doing something simple and easy so people will focus more on the mods done to the body and the car vs seeing an eye dropping paint job..
i mean there nothing wrong with an off the hook paint job but id like to keep the daily driver ability in my civic ( at least 3-4 times a week )

basically that but flipped with a different body line to separate is what im going for

Last edited by Bad_Civc; 02-03-2006 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-03-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
so you cf hood will have a little red tint on it, then cleared?? i think thats what i understood lol
Old 02-03-2006

Originally Posted by dp_yz713
so you cf hood will have a little red tint on it, then cleared?? i think thats what i understood lol
no the clearcoat will have a red tint... theres a guy in my area running around with a 93 civic hatch thats got a cf hood with clearcoat on the cf hood thats got a red tint to it and its sick...
Old 02-03-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Bad_Civc
no the clearcoat will have a red tint... theres a guy in my area running around with a 93 civic hatch thats got a cf hood with clearcoat on the cf hood thats got a red tint to it and its sick...
I know what youre talking about! I've seen it before it. Its gonna look insane dude!
Old 02-03-2006
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

That was the same car that inspired me!!

Old 02-03-2006
2005SE

damn, drunkemmagnum, your car is the HOTNESS! My car is SSM and I want to do the same this with the black on top. Sorry to jack, but can you post a pick of the rear or your car? Is that an OEM spoiler painted black?
Old 02-03-2006
gone

Nitto will become famous soon enough
drunkenmagnum = HOT! I like!
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
red is 1 of my favorite colors for the 7thgencivic. seen a very nice one in my area
Old 02-03-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone loves rallye reds, I think everyone here should paint the vics red too
Old 02-03-2006
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
orange pwnzzzzzz jooooooo
Old 02-03-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Bad_Civic- I appreciate the comments, means alot to me. I loved the Rallye Red too....your car is gonna be hot after the paint job. I thought about doing a black top on the car and doing CF hood and trunk, kinda like 02 Civic Ridas car. Iunno though, Thanks mugenman for the comments too. I'm still far from done, new interior will be coming and alot of other stuff. I just test drove a new SI today and thought about buying that. But i love my car so i may just do a swap or turbo, hell even both sound nice. But the power is addicting. But Bad_Civic, any questions with anything let me know. I'd be more than happy to answer or help.
Old 02-04-2006
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
hottest ralley red on 7thgen was that 4dr, just because its the only 4dr with that color. don't remember his name though...
Old 02-04-2006
Premium Member

redem2 has a spectacular aura aboutredem2 has a spectacular aura about
everyone has there own taste...drews are is clean as f*ck, but not really my taste...i dont really like all that crap hanging down from the rear bumper
Old 02-04-2006

Originally Posted by drunkenmagnum

wow... thats clean... no need for a photoshop of my car to look like it ... there is one...

ill just do it in black top white bottom... but that red is still hot.. hmmm.. i dont know ..

drew ... if i have any questions about anyhting .. ill pm ya..
Old 02-04-2006

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
redem2: all that crap hanging down? i'm confused. heh. So Bad_Civic, your going with Black on top and white on the bottom?
Old 02-04-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
someone paint their car black gold mica (deep black with gold flake). that **** is the ish.
Old 02-04-2006
Registered!!

Canadian Si will become famous soon enoughCanadian Si will become famous soon enough
All I can say
Old 02-04-2006
TQ_
Registered!!

TQ_ is an unknown quantity at this point
One of the reasons why I bought my 7th Gen.. Rallye Red.
Old 02-11-2006
Premium Member

redem2 has a spectacular aura aboutredem2 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by drew22mader
redem2: all that crap hanging down? i'm confused. heh. So Bad_Civic, your going with Black on top and white on the bottom?
dont get me wrong. i think your car is awesome. the rear lip design is just unexpected on such a clean car. i mean it looks nice from the front and side, but the rear view looks kinda odd. again, its just my 2 cents.
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

Theeyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Rallye Red is a good choice =)
Old 02-11-2006

Theeyo! bout time! Where you been bro, you gonna go to Nopi again? I know you dont live to far from there.
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

Theeyo is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been busy lately with School...I'll probably just go to the Varsity meet again, maybe if i get a job that doesnt require work on weekends I'll come to the actual event lol
Old 02-11-2006

I remember that then 2Blu led us on nice trip around ATL hitting every damn bump and road repair he could find, lol