Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Been thinking a lot....

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
Its an artistic way of expressing your own personality. Prior to owning my Civic i had an 02 Protege5 that everyone in the Import Scene here knew me by because i attended/won every show and meet. Me and one other guy had the only 2 hottest/tuned P5's in the state and there was a satisfaction of being unique. And with my new 05 Civic there is a standard and goal i've set to reach. I'm not rich or materialistic, but you only live once and i'm gonna enjoy all the ideas and people i meet in the Tuner scene.
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

SEVYN is an unknown quantity at this point
most people say modifying cars.. especially the civics are a bad investment. money out, but no money in.

but there's no price to the feeling you get when you get in your car.. and its feels like freakin ecstacy.

your peice of art on 4 wheels.

P.S. SOMEONE BUY OR TRADE FOR MY HEADUNIT!!
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

Matulin407 is an unknown quantity at this point
to get my mind off my ex. Which turned into an obbsession, but now i feel EXACTLY like u do 02_rida. I do that everyday , thinking about why do i do this? while i could save this money and do something alot better than new rims, exhaust or veritcal doors. I just bought 2 turbo kits and other pieces for my car and now i regret it. I thought to myself, great i just spent over 4 grand on a turbo that cant make me go any faster than the car infront of me. Wtf did i accomplish, but hey its something to get us going. If i didnt have my car i dont know wtf i would do .... really i would go insane with boredom, or end up shooting people for fun.

(2 turbo kits cuz im giving one to a freind) and i have one more pending that i may customize.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
o yeah i get that feeling a lot, i love moding my car it brings joy to me.

like for instance i said i was done with moding my car b/c i was going to save up for a 2007 si (that did not last very long) the money that i saved up for the si went to my car 03 fogs dc5 sidemarkers and a new coilover set up so yeah its a hobbie for me the next thing is k20 baby
Old 02-07-2006
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
nick...not sure where to begin on this, but here goes.
Pretty much what everyone has said, its a hobby. And I know its an expensive one depending how far you go with it, but in the end you have to look at the results it brings. Each person has a different result. For me its the whole love for car modin. All my cars have had work done to them, from my shitty skylark (first car), to my mustang, to my present work...the civic. It gives me this feeling that I cant put into words but I'm sure everyone here knows what I'm talking about Like you said, its not about impressing other people, its about self pleasure,fun times, and memories you will always have. Look at all the good things that has come from your car. From my civic I've met some great people in person..from you to joey to garica. It's a passion that has no "answers"
Nick its up to you what you really want to do, but in my short time of being your friend I've seen your passion and love for not only civics but all imports. Thats something you shouldn't give up or let go.

Think thats it mang....good luck with your decision, hit me up yo--peace
Old 02-07-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
this is starting to make me depressed. lol.
Old 02-07-2006
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
i dunno if its true for others by i judge people on what they drive. hence the reason i dump money into my car
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

klectic has a spectacular aura aboutklectic has a spectacular aura aboutklectic has a spectacular aura about
didnt read the 2nd pg, but if anyone said it before..

i do it cuz i just like to be different, specially when its a civic and everyone and everyone has one..so its good to just be a bit more unique..

when i had my car done wild i liked it cuz it was one of the first fully dun up ones where i live..and it was cool to get the recognition, NOT to be confused with recognized, of my hard work

then i got "mature" and decided to jus go cleaner and not be so heat score w/ the cops.. in other words i didnt want to drive a toy.

but its ironic, cuz i want to be different, yet everyone mods their car "jdmish" now a days...so i end up looking like everyone else still.
Old 02-08-2006
2001 Rallye Red EX

digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
It sucks when you have done everything to the car that you want done. I'm not at that point yet, but I am getting close. I've done the most major thing which was lowering it. I really enjoyed working on the car myself (with my father in law's expertise and also with his friend). I couldn't wait to lower the car, but then once we were done it was like, ok now what? I have other things on my list to do and I want to rush into doing them, but the sooner I finish them the sooner I have nothing left to do but enjoy driving it. of course there are things I want to do that I can't afford too...

Luckily, my wife's scion xb has a short list of stuff to do to it including lowering it. So I will get my fix when it's her turn.
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

klectic has a spectacular aura aboutklectic has a spectacular aura aboutklectic has a spectacular aura about
^
ya, i think once ur done everything you want, stop.
one of my other buddies had it pretty good at one point, but then he just kept on wanting to add to it and add to it...then it looked like crap..
=P