Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Been thinking a lot....

Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Been thinking a lot....

Just was thinkin the past couple of weeks and thinkin to myself... WHY?......

Ha, first off before I continue, yes this is a thread where I am not posting pics of me and my friends rides (first one that i know of lol)

But Ive been thinkin alot about my car, thinkin about when i first got it and what my goals were for it, and how the goals have changed, and how my taste in styles and things like that have changed. But the big thing is why do we all continue to do things to our rides. not just civic's, everyone who is into the whole import scene (and domestics for those people on the dark side ) lol jk but what is it that moves us?

I cant say its because of the speed because My civic (and everyone can vouche for me) is slow as hell. Yus I would love to do a k series swap, or possibly let my mad scientest as a roomate tear apart the engine and rebuild it, but then what?

and i cant say because i want people to turn their heads, cuz honestly i could give a fly-n fuuuuuuuk what others think, when people say they like my car, it feels guud, dont get me wrong, but their thoughts and idea's dont motivate me to change my car, and the same with those who say the car looks like shiiiate.

WHAT IS IT!!!??

The only reason i bring this up is because, im torn, I want to do so many other things to my ride, such as cf hood trunk, that ive been wanting forever, and several suspension mods, but for what? spend all that money just so it looks cooler to me? I mean i'll be honest, there hasnt been one thing that i bought for my car that i regret, everything ive gotten so far, ive enjoyed and felt proud of the way it went with the car. (besides the week after i bought the car i bought under body neons, but had then lining the inside of my car bumping to the bass that i use to have ! lol)

not sure what brought this up, possibly ive been so busy with other things goin on now that its been hard to be so in to my car? Don't get me wrong, i love my car to death! and im proud of the way its turned out. And i think a big thing that im greatful for is the people that ive met through the car, I mean, some of my best friends that i hang out with weekly i met beacuse of angelina (yus my car has a name ) so i guess what im asking is for you to spill it, tell everyone what it is that makes you so into your car and makes you to continue on....

ps. sorry for spelling error's and failure to use proper grammar, I've never been very guuud in either
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 02civic_rida

...possibly let my mad scientest as a roomate
are we quoting Fast and the Furious again?

Modding cars is a hobby, thats why people do it for the most part.
Old 01-27-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
I think once we start moding, we're never completely satisfied..I mean what defines a complete car? You can always add new things to it no?..
I guess for some ppl it could be for looks and others the satisfaction of enjoying that last mod. To me.. it's simply because I like it..I honestly enjoy every thing I've done to it and get a kick out of every minute I drive my car..

Last edited by cubanmike26; 01-27-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-27-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
You know why i do it? Cause its a hobbie, something that allows me to understand the complexitys of tuning a car. Allows me to educate myself on tuning and ECU, boosting, cams, and everything else that makes your car go, also it allows me the capabilitys to help others.

The reason i choose to tune a civic is because i love the body lines, the interior lines, and basically the overall layout of the car its self. It has room for modifications all over, and i can make it my own. My next step is to prep the car for SCCA style racing. I had this goal in mind when i bought the car, and i have remaind true to that dream. yes my taste in style has changed. But then i know that if i bought something else now, i would focus more on that car then this one. So to remain true to my dream i keep it simple and stick with one platform.
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

02blackcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
that has ran threw my head many times, i dont know, i see it as a hobby and liifestyle, making your car different then others to stand out from the crowd, and a small part attention getter, but i dotn know, there are bilions of drivers that dont do anything to their car and drive it just as it comes from the factory, but i guess we just have something born into us or its something that our growing up enviroment that does this to us, noone knows.....lol
Old 01-27-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
its an art. the possibilities are endless. its the satasifaction you get when you look at your car and youre like dang.. i did that.
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point
I also think that it's our desire to break away from the herd, to be different (even if it's just a little bit), that drives us to spend the money and time to make our vehicles unique. Some of us do a little, others do quite a lot; some people focus on aesthetics, some concentrate on performance, while still others want to showcase both. I think it's all the same thing -- we want to lend our vehicles a certain amount of our own individual style.

I personally also get a certain amount of satisfaction from doing the work myself -- it's fun to read the posts of what other people have done, and I can adapt some of that for my own needs (and all the info helps me make fewer mistakes!)
Old 01-27-2006
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
That's the same point I was at. It means that it's time to move on to a different car.

I had a ton of stupid crap done to my Civic and then I was like "what's the point?" I got rid of the Civic and bought a BMW that I swore I'd keep stock. It's been like two months and I'm already starting to want to mod it.
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

MoniraInc is an unknown quantity at this point
cuz what else would you be doing? if you think about it...what else would be better than working on your car...? if you found something better you'd probably be doing that. yeah cars are a really shitty investment as everyone knows but reading the forums > doing hw. at the end of the day it feels satisfying that you spent some time researching and then doing a diy and something good came out of it. thats just my opinion tho.
Old 01-27-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 02civic_rida
The only reason i bring this up is because, im torn
Agreed, All the money, sweat, and even blood... Is it even worth a dime??? Yes, like you guys said it's the JOY you get when you hear [B]YOUR[B] car start!It's increadable!! I must say after the few mods I have made to my car my goals have changed too!! But I will say this, as we all age and grow... eventually you'll just want a reliable car that get's you from point A too point B... thats it!

Just yesterday I got my VAFC tuned and I only have a five HP gain over stock! But hell who cares... And the last mod I plan on doing is buying a stage 2 cam and cruz'in the streets! Only hitt'in VTEC on the highway!! VTEC BABY!!
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
lol i was wondering if someone would catch that quote! lol

and EMII CREW stickers yus i still have the stickers, im getting more made i should have them sent to me tonight or first thing tomorrow. just pm me and let me know. and i'll send u details.

and yes. it is a hobby and its fun , i mean dayam just me cleanin the car in peace makes my day! lol seeing my work of art at its best. whats better than that? lol as for getting rid of it, i know many people say it, but honestly its my first car that ive' modded that was mine, and i think so far it turned out pretty guud, i will not get rid of it, i'll prob end up getting another car after this is paid off, but i will keep it. As for the why people do it, keep em comming.
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
i completely agree with 02civic_rida. the plans for my car are similar to his. just a nice lip kit...basically low profile stuff. nothing flashy. i dont see any reason for me to spend soooo much money on performance...b/c in the end its still a vic.
by the way; 02civic_rida;---IMO most beautiful car on this site!!

Last edited by isuzu5000; 01-27-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2006
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
its the feeling of belongingness (i dont know if dats even a word, but u catch my drift), its the feeling that you know what you're doing, this is jus me
Old 01-27-2006
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
i love everything i put into my car...and i didnt think i would sell it for a while. but one day, i decided to go and test drive some other cars, since i make more money now, and i realized for what i want (power and handling) the 7thgen would cost me too much. im just gonna buy my new car, to have a better starting point for what i want, and im sure i will be in this same situation again in a few years.

i dunno, its just a hobby.
Old 01-27-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
I do it because I like having things my way and my style. It is just like everything else: clothes, your house or apartment, etc. Everyone likes to express their views on what looks good. At least that's my reasoning
Old 01-27-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
i do it cause well it lets me express myself in something, i cant draw and i suck at design, but i can do it through my car.
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
hmmmm....i'm not referring to the people that buy civic's and treat it like trash, in other words i'm referring to you guys. To me owning a civic is like being part of a family. whenever i see one go by that looks sweet i'm so pleased and i get excited. I personally wanted to put my money into something and see where it's going instead of wasting it on crap. I plan on running mine to 3 g mileage and putting another engine in when i get there. in the meantime i will most likely purchase another car but i will be keeping this one for as long as it can go.
Old 01-27-2006
2005SE

Originally Posted by efil on evol on
I do it because I like having things my way and my style. It is just like everything else: clothes, your house or apartment, etc. Everyone likes to express their views on what looks good. At least that's my reasoning
^^^ +1 for me. The way I see it, I'm addicted. Seriously, I can't stop. Modding is harder to quit than smoking. Well....if you have the money.
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
I don't really know why I do it I just know I can't stop I always tell my friends and family that "this" is my last mod then the next day.... modding again...
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
And I think everyone goes through that stage where they wonder "what the hell am I doing wasting time and money on this??"but them you realize your doin what you love and no matter what the car your always goin to want to mod it....
Old 01-27-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
i do it for myself, but i always say i am finished, then i see someones car or their for sale thread on here and i buy something else i like. there is just so much stuff out there, that is a bottomless pit pretty much. i also just like to work rather than sit down and watch tv or something
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
Man i feel the same way bro... but you know when I realize big time that its all worth it?... When I drive for instance my parents car... i feel so stock... so.. not me. OR when me and my friends go somewhere.... I dont feel like driving sometimes... but at the sametime I want to take my car so bad! I guess I cant explain it, but when Im not around or not driving my car I really do feel the need for my car (not a honda, not a civic... MY CAR)
Old 01-27-2006

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
^^^dude i know exactly how you feel!! i drive everywhers and i dont wanna use my gas all the time, so i take my girlfriends car (saturn) and then i end up just taking mines cuz i love to drive my car. i cant help it
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

blackdragon will become famous soon enoughblackdragon will become famous soon enough
if u bought/built a house wouldn't u want it to satisfy you (in genral), and if u could wouldn't u wanna design it, and even when ur done desiging it ur gonna wanna decorate, hook it up (Flat screens, pool;...etc) its the feeling of UR CAR, u did this, u want it like that and will always have ur own personal tastes,... IMO we all need to be satisfied with whatever we choose to do with our cars, life..etc Keep doing wut doin cuz if u stop doing wut u doing ur life won't ever be fulfilled. I had my first 7thgen, started modding, lost it, bought a new one and now im modding it, 7thgens are the Last of the real civic bred. 8thgens are nice but will never be a civic IMO.... thats all for now guys... Just love ur car whatever car it is
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
yup, everyones got an expensive hobby.

and we all know we will never get our money back, but hey its better than spending it on drugs or strip clubs (kinda lol j/k)
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
you do it for fun and love of cars. and a car will never be done because it will always have something else you can do to it.
Old 01-27-2006

Originally Posted by blackdragon
Keep doing wut doin cuz if u stop doing wut u doing ur life won't ever be fulfilled.
wow, thats to much to do

although you are right
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

ClutchEm2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a modaholic. Every car that I've ever owned were modded. Its like some people spend their money gambling, some collect jordans. Its a form of self-gratification. I spend my money on my ride. It makes me happy. At least I know where my money went. People always spend their money on "something." We just spend it on our cars.
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

civicex9980 is an unknown quantity at this point
I mod my car to make it stand out and be different from the other million civics. I've done some mods for looks but I'm more towards performance, I want my car to be really fast so if I race someone at the track they are like damn that civics fast. Thats why i'm goin turbo when I get the money.
Old 01-27-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I've given this speech to many of my friends and no one questions me after this:
I moded my car initially to be able to play CDs. Thought it was fun doing it myself. Cleared the headlights after a cup of courage and complaining about them for about 10 months. I got a sub and a DVD player, then a whole new amp and subs. Everything was for me. It gave me a much better driving experience and was fun to do.
It took a lot of time and a lot of money, but in the end I got a car that was more an extension of me and my personal taste than anything else. Its fun to drive, comfortable, unique, and looks pretty good.
Between the time and money spent on the car, it makes it something much more than a car. It makes it part of me. It shows how I feel something should be. Most importantly it makes me happy. And thats all that matters.

on the other hand I am not planning on modding my next car nearly as much as I have this car. I want to get a daily driver and just save up as much money as possible toward a much more exotic car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Been thinking a lot....