Im thinking about. - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2006   #1  
Registered!!

CrazyKnight is an unknown quantity at this point
Im thinking about.

Ok im thinking about trading in the 05 vic DX for an 06 EX. I was just wondering what you guys thought of them and if any one has one of here if its a good car or not? Thanks alot.
CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #2  
4 cyclinders down, 4 to go.....

acjones21 is an unknown quantity at this point
it's a terrible idea. You will lose your *** on the trade and you won't get a much better car. Keep the vic man!
acjones21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #3  
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Agreed with the possible upside-down trade value the dealer will pitch your way.

But is the 06 better than the 05, Hell yes.

More parts for a k20 motor than a d17.

Go for it, If they give you a hard time and your not getting the deal you want, just tell them this:
"Either I get the deal I want or I walk, Either way I'm leaving here in a Honda"
PunkingCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #4  
2001 Rallye Red EX

digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by acjones21
it's a terrible idea. You will lose your *** on the trade and you won't get a much better car. Keep the vic man!
I just ran a basic 05 dx with 15k miles on it and default options through the KBB site and it's worth $10,775. That sucks for a 1 year old car.
digitaldemigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #5  
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Wait a few years and then reconsider. Trading up one year is a terrible idea because your car JUST took the biggest depreciative hit it'll ever take.
white2K2EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #6  
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkingCivic
Agreed with the possible upside-down trade value the dealer will pitch your way.

But is the 06 better than the 05, Hell yes.

More parts for a k20 motor than a d17.

Go for it, If they give you a hard time and your not getting the deal you want, just tell them this:
"Either I get the deal I want or I walk, Either way I'm leaving here in a Honda"
he wanted a ex 06.. dosent come with the k series..comes with the new r series engine..
HondaGuy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #7  
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkingCivic
lol......thats awsome.......but yah man you will lose too much money
dp_yz713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #8  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i would never do it not for even trade either.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #9  
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
i think they come with 140hp id do it if i had a dx and the money.
Mutha Fn FBM 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #10  
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
An EX is a nice step up. If you have the cash and all, I would probably do it.
fiatdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #11  
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
wow, big loss, but if you really want that 06 EX, go for it. I think the 8thgen is a fantastic car. Aftermarket is slowly building things for the R18A1.
CuRiOuSfIsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #12  
Registered!!

One of the big reasons that i wanted to do this is because my car as you already know has no options what so ever and it doesnt even have that much after market that i can find anyways. I was also thinking about just trading up to an 05 LX or EX would that be better or worse?
Old 01-19-2006   #13  
There is [email protected] in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I say don't do it and wait and save up for the Si, either that or just go for the Si now if you can, K20 pwns our ***! 06 Si's are new wave and not many people have it.
drew22mader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKnight
One of the big reasons that i wanted to do this is because my car as you already know has no options what so ever and it doesnt even have that much after market that i can find anyways. I was also thinking about just trading up to an 05 LX or EX would that be better or worse?
I have a DX, just enjoy your car man... many adults that work 40+ hours a week don't have an 05 car. Don't buy into consumerism. The Si is RELATIVELY fast. It will feel slow quickly, and you'll still be in debt.
Old 01-19-2006   #15  

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
From 100 hp to 200 hp is gonna be a huge difference! If he thinks its slow, then turbo or supercharge it. Thats whats fun about cars, you don't like them, buy a new one and do w/e you want to it, don't like it, trade it off. Also you say many adults don't drive an 05, well true, but most adults that work 40+ hours a week could afford and 06 Honda, most adults i know that work 40+ are drive newer cars but more expensive ones. There 03 is still worth more than our 05 and 06's so to say that most adult don't drive an 05 you need to watch what you say, hell i could buy a 06 Cobalt for the same price i paid for my 02 Honda.

Last edited by drew22mader; 01-19-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-19-2006   #16  
Registered!!

rsxtreme_s is an unknown quantity at this point
get an rsx
rsxtreme_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #17  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsxtreme_s
get an rsx
Id rather not no offense.

I thinking that i should just stick with my car for now. There is alot that i do want to do to it like exhaust, headers if i can (i cant find any) carbon hood and maybe trunk and suspension and also rims and a lip kit should look pretty sweet and i doubt it will be as slow after that. Not much faster but not as slow.

Thanks alot for all the input guys i really appreciate it.
Old 01-19-2006   #18  

umm i'm sorry to say but your car is gonna be just as slow as the day you bought it still, all that crap isn't gonna improve but 2-3 hp, and your not gonna be able to tell. Only way is to turbo your car.
Old 01-19-2006   #19  
Registered!!

Well yeah i know that. But ill make it sound a little better and look a little better. What would have to be done for me to turbo my car? Because from what i know you cant do it on a stock engine unless it has forged internals and i dont think my car has that.
Old 01-19-2006   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKnight
Well yeah i know that. But ill make it sound a little better and look a little better. What would have to be done for me to turbo my car? Because from what i know you cant do it on a stock engine unless it has forged internals and i dont think my car has that.
if you are considering a turbo (3-5K depending on how well you do it) just get an rsx type S. We drive slow cars.
Old 01-19-2006   #21  

You don't have to do anything if you don't want to. You can turbo it safely on a completly stock engine.
Old 01-19-2006   #22  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew22mader
You don't have to do anything if you don't want to. You can turbo it safely on a completly stock engine.

Oh really i didnt even know that. I might go in that direction then i dont know right now. All i do know is is that i do want to make my car look and then save money for a turbo. And im not going to buy a new car just so i can turbo it if i can turbo the car i already have.
Old 01-19-2006   #23  
ultra super duper member

01vic will become famous soon enough01vic will become famous soon enough
first thing you should do is shave the dx off the back, itll make you feel better b/c people dont know you have the slowest of the slow anymore...

if it helped me learn to love my vic it can help you too...
01vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #24  
Registered!!

My car doesnt even have the DX on the back. LOL so i dont have to worry about that part.
Old 01-20-2006   #25  
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
keep your dx honda civic man, you will lose $$$ , keep it bro......06 civics are not all cool as our 7th gen civics!
StealthCivic is offline   Reply With Quote