Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Really bad 24 hours.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sasquatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Really bad 24 hours.

I have a tough 24 hours. I came home last night to find I had a hot water leak coming out of my ceiling. I tore apart the drywall and tried to fix it but the hole was in a pipe that I couldn't get the water out of. I had to call the plumber for $153. My insurance wouldn't pay. I then got a guy in to test the walls, three walls in one room, the ceiling and the floor all have to come out to dry off and another wall and floor in an adjoining bathroom. $500 deductable but insurance will pick up the rest of what is about a $2500 repair.

So the next morning I go to get into my Civic to go to work? Somebody had stolen my rims and tires FUQERS!!! Right out of my driveway...sometime between 2am and 5am. I'm not a ricer and the Civic is just me and my wife's commuter car but I had 17" rims with Toyo Proxes on there. My dogs didn't make a peep last night or wake up my neighbor's dogs so whoever they were, the were good. No other cars on the street appear to have been hit. There are a lot of cars coming and going down the street...maybe some shady a$$holes down there. I live in a good neighborhood, but I guess I'll have to park in the garage now just in case they come back to check on my new rims (I went back to 15" Enkeis with Falken Ziex 326s). Because GEICO says I didn't tell them about the 17"ers they will only cover the cost of me going back to stock....DAMN
Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Tough luck.. My dad's Infiniti FX35 got broken into not two weeks ago. They were trying to hot-wire the car but they gave up. When my mom went out to drive in the morning, she discovered the door's lock been busted and a whole deal of wires were exposed from under the dash... We took it to the dealer and apparently this model's impossible to steal so far... All that was in our driveway. We're always parking it in our garage ever since.

These dudes appear to like heavily modified cars for parts, hot rims or more expensive luxury cars to ship them to third world countries. I bet they like sports cars as well.

I was happy and kinda dissapointed at the same time that my stock civic wasn't touched. Who would want to steal a stock civic anyway ?

Somehow, stock civic doesn't rime with joyride to me :-P
Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

sasquatch is an unknown quantity at this point
alarm tomorrow...

I felt kind of like an a$$hole for having aftermarket rims and no alarm but I live in a quiet cul de sac and live with about 200lbs worth of dogs that aren't shy about barking if they think something is up. I have a two car garage but I have a work out area in there and pretty much always have some sort of project that I need space for. I don't really feel like moving everything around every night just to park.

The local CarToys has a Clifford G5 Concept 450 for $189. I'm hitting it first thing in the morning then I'm going back to parking in the driveway. FUQ those theives. I don't want to get hit again but I don't want to live like a punk all worried about not having my car in the garage either.
Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
ehh **** happens. i got in a accident, found out our renter was leaving our ivestment property a yr early, baby cuzin has to have a 10k+ surgery and were helping to pay for it, AND found out my parents are running low on money all in 1 day.