Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

new pics of the vic handling monster

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ryangt is an unknown quantity at this point
new pics of the vic handling monster

pics of the vic
no im not lowering it anymore it already scrapes on everything.

Old 12-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough
nice...is that stock height?
Old 12-27-2005
"You leave me in the trenches taking Grenades, John"

Stachmo is an unknown quantity at this point
from his profile: "sportline springs, koni yellows"

I wouldve thought they lowered a little bit more than that though...
Old 12-27-2005
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
how do u scrape on everything, it looks like stock height
Old 12-27-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm.......i have a 1/2 finger gap all the way around and i only scrape coming out of my driveway.

Either way, looks good.
Old 12-27-2005
You bought a used dog??

def01tones will become famous soon enough
im on sportlines and blues and have 205/50/16s and dont have the much gap. what size tires do u have?
Old 12-27-2005
Registered!!

bhoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by def01tones
im on sportlines and blues and have 205/50/16s and dont have the much gap. what size tires do u have?
try 205/40-16s ...
Old 12-27-2005
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
I have 205/60R15s, and sportlines and i have maybe a 2 finger gap in front and its slightly tucked in the rear. and I've only scraped once or twice including home and school.
Old 12-27-2005
Registered!!

Blkcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
how is that "handling monster"? i mean your car is clean but....
Old 12-27-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
not everyone can slam their rides, it's not like they dont want to, its because of the $hitty roads...I'm on Teins, and rural roads here are a mess, the only thing that scratches sometimes is the middle section of the catback...
Old 12-27-2005
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
mmm. I see CF
Old 12-27-2005

K20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Blkcivic
how is that "handling monster"? i mean your car is clean but....
He has a point.
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

itll out corner most any other ride out there.

koni yellows
eibach springs
rsx type s rear swap bar with poly-urethane mounts
poly-urethane suspension bushings
neuspeed upper strut bar
neuspeed lower front and rear bars
+ a good driver and well you get my point, just because theres no teins under there dosent mean it dosent corner like its on rails.

it dropped it quite a bit from stock those are just some 18s i had around. i have some nice adr 17s that fill up the wells nicely

noone noticed those nice big brakes those are the sexy peices

the cf door sills just look fantastic on the car, they were one offed for me so dont ask where to get them. Ive seen some on ebay that dont look too horrible but im sure the the old addage applies Ebay = crap
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

oh and if you dont like purpose built cars well thats just too bad. i go for function with just enough form to make people look twice
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

klectic has a spectacular aura aboutklectic has a spectacular aura aboutklectic has a spectacular aura about
well, it sure seems like you love your car a lot..thats good.
most of your suspension mods other people have as well..not tryin to flame, but just sayin.
so i guess their vics can handle pretty well too then..

how are you at auto x?
Old 12-28-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
where is riverside, ca? bay area?
you don't need to lower it, you just need bigger side walls. looks good
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

hotdogpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
where is riverside, ca? bay area?
Riverside is in Socal.
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

SEVYN is an unknown quantity at this point
nice. i just hope mines turn out just as good.

you should make a video of your ride doing sharp turns.
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

i actually have a video from the inside tho. Anyone interested in that? if so who does video hosting out there? leme know and ill edit out the girlfriend bent over the hood and ill post it up hah
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

yes other people do have these mods, i needed a title so get out of my *** damn.

This car rips up twisties, and as far as auto x, ive run it a few times over at cali speedway, i felt it went very well, its quite a nice autox car. It dosent really match up or compare in any way to my crx but its still nice, and still remains very comfortable considering it still has all its amenities, and i mean EVERYTHING, not gutted, it has the spare tire and tool kit, all the seats and so forth.
Maybe those peoples vics dont handle as well because they are missing the secret ingrediant........ Love hahah <<<<< so gay
Old 12-28-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ryangt
itll out corner most any other ride out there.

koni yellows
eibach springs
rsx type s rear swap bar with poly-urethane mounts
poly-urethane suspension bushings
neuspeed upper strut bar
neuspeed lower front and rear bars
+ a good driver and well you get my point, just because theres no teins under there dosent mean it dosent corner like its on rails.

it dropped it quite a bit from stock those are just some 18s i had around. i have some nice adr 17s that fill up the wells nicely

noone noticed those nice big brakes those are the sexy peices

the cf door sills just look fantastic on the car, they were one offed for me so dont ask where to get them. Ive seen some on ebay that dont look too horrible but im sure the the old addage applies Ebay = crap
Thats nothing out of the ordinary, thats your standard issue lowering job.
Just because you think it corners on rails, doesn't mean it does, and thats not going to outcorner everything thats out there. It requires a basis for comparision. I thought my car was nailed down until I rode in a Z06 on R comps.
Second of all, you're missing the 2 important links. Tires and an 'I don't give a **** about my tires' alignment. So not to cut down good hard work, but its nothing special.
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

my father has a 98 c5 vette i use that for comparrison is that good enough? Or my brothers cbr. When we run up big bear mountain im on their asses on the straights and out in front in the corners. Isnt that what its all about?
Old 12-28-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
well that can say your dad can't drive his corvette,
Or he's not going as hard as he can because he doesn't want to wad it up or he doesn't want a reckless driving ticket
You're talkin' like a true ricer here and its quite honestly not going to get you anywhere. You can talk it up like something fantastic, but it isnt. Millions of people have Konis and springs with a new swaybar.
Anyone who lowered an RSX on springs and put new shocks has effectively the same setup.
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

around here noone does much work on their civics, its all body kits and chrome 18s or 20's so comparing my vehicle to that, id say im a cut above. thats my .02 and noone can change my mind on it. IF youve never ridden in the car, you cant comment, but who denies that their vics can out corner alot of other stuff?

im not arguing that its something super special. Im not working with a crazy budget or it would be. The car does what it was built for and thats all i ask for.
Old 12-28-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
nice. im lookin for the same setup for suspension. well done
Old 12-28-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Sure I can comment. They're commercially available parts. You can buy them anywhere and put them in anyones car. Which I have installed a set of Konis w/ prokits and an RSX bar on my good friend's civic 7 months ago. So I think I know what I'm looking at here.
Old 12-28-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
no SSM wars dammit. lol
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

i agree its stupid to argue this. Your flaming me for putting time and energy to make a clean vic thats not some showy peice of ****. Sorry its not some super expensive f1 car.
Im not doubting you knowing what your talking about, i know you know whats up, but please dont be so hard on the rest of us for trying
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
^^^
He's not being hard on you because of what you did to your car, but because what you are claiming and braggin about. If you listed your mods and said you liked your setup in a different way (i.e., w/o claiming it's the best or you know from personal experience it can keep up w/ your dad's corvette) he probably just would've said "good job" and moved on...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have all the stuff you did to your car on mine, but still... I doubt it's as great handling as you make it sound

Last edited by lewal; 12-28-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-28-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
looks great. you should get bigger tires.. and paint your grill. i'm lovin the brakes. what are your future plans?

Quick Reply: new pics of the vic handling monster