Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   new pics of the vic handling monster (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/239921-new-pics-vic-handling-monster.html)

ryangt 12-27-2005 06:42 PM

new pics of the vic handling monster

pics of the vic
no im not lowering it anymore it already scrapes on everything.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...c/ce705d91.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...c/557b8fd1.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...c/8d68ec63.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...c/b9c0f8cc.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...c/8114c6e8.jpg

rjngo 12-27-2005 06:44 PM

nice...is that stock height?

Stachmo 12-27-2005 06:48 PM

from his profile: "sportline springs, koni yellows"

I wouldve thought they lowered a little bit more than that though...

RHCP0801 12-27-2005 06:53 PM

how do u scrape on everything, it looks like stock height

civic01vtec 12-27-2005 07:06 PM

hmmm.......i have a 1/2 finger gap all the way around and i only scrape coming out of my driveway.

Either way, looks good.

def01tones 12-27-2005 07:12 PM

im on sportlines and blues and have 205/50/16s and dont have the much gap. what size tires do u have?

bhoy 12-27-2005 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by def01tones
im on sportlines and blues and have 205/50/16s and dont have the much gap. what size tires do u have?

try 205/40-16s ...

shmik1 12-27-2005 08:38 PM

I have 205/60R15s, and sportlines and i have maybe a 2 finger gap in front and its slightly tucked in the rear. and I've only scraped once or twice including home and school.

Blkcivic 12-27-2005 08:53 PM

how is that "handling monster"? i mean your car is clean but....

boricua_civic 12-27-2005 09:18 PM

not everyone can slam their rides, it's not like they dont want to, its because of the $hitty roads...I'm on Teins, and rural roads here are a mess, the only thing that scratches sometimes is the middle section of the catback...

7thGenerasianCivic 12-27-2005 09:31 PM

mmm. I see CF

K20me 12-27-2005 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Blkcivic
how is that "handling monster"? i mean your car is clean but....

He has a point.

ryangt 12-28-2005 02:12 AM

itll out corner most any other ride out there.

koni yellows
eibach springs
rsx type s rear swap bar with poly-urethane mounts
poly-urethane suspension bushings
neuspeed upper strut bar
neuspeed lower front and rear bars
+ a good driver and well you get my point, just because theres no teins under there dosent mean it dosent corner like its on rails.

it dropped it quite a bit from stock those are just some 18s i had around. i have some nice adr 17s that fill up the wells nicely

noone noticed those nice big brakes those are the sexy peices

the cf door sills just look fantastic on the car, they were one offed for me so dont ask where to get them. Ive seen some on ebay that dont look too horrible but im sure the the old addage applies Ebay = crap

ryangt 12-28-2005 02:13 AM

oh and if you dont like purpose built cars well thats just too bad. i go for function with just enough form to make people look twice

klectic 12-28-2005 02:26 AM

well, it sure seems like you love your car a lot..thats good.
most of your suspension mods other people have as well..not tryin to flame, but just sayin.
so i guess their vics can handle pretty well too then..

how are you at auto x?

Caucasian.Asian 12-28-2005 02:30 AM

where is riverside, ca? bay area?
you don't need to lower it, you just need bigger side walls. looks good

hotdogpilot 12-28-2005 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
where is riverside, ca? bay area?

Riverside is in Socal.

SEVYN 12-28-2005 04:16 AM

nice. i just hope mines turn out just as good.

you should make a video of your ride doing sharp turns. :tup:

ryangt 12-28-2005 09:52 AM

i actually have a video from the inside tho. Anyone interested in that? if so who does video hosting out there? leme know and ill edit out the girlfriend bent over the hood and ill post it up hah

ryangt 12-28-2005 09:55 AM

yes other people do have these mods, i needed a title so get out of my ass damn.

This car rips up twisties, and as far as auto x, ive run it a few times over at cali speedway, i felt it went very well, its quite a nice autox car. It dosent really match up or compare in any way to my crx but its still nice, and still remains very comfortable considering it still has all its amenities, and i mean EVERYTHING, not gutted, it has the spare tire and tool kit, all the seats and so forth.
Maybe those peoples vics dont handle as well because they are missing the secret ingrediant........ Love hahah <<<<< so gay

Boilermaker1 12-28-2005 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by ryangt
itll out corner most any other ride out there.

koni yellows
eibach springs
rsx type s rear swap bar with poly-urethane mounts
poly-urethane suspension bushings
neuspeed upper strut bar
neuspeed lower front and rear bars
+ a good driver and well you get my point, just because theres no teins under there dosent mean it dosent corner like its on rails.

it dropped it quite a bit from stock those are just some 18s i had around. i have some nice adr 17s that fill up the wells nicely

noone noticed those nice big brakes those are the sexy peices

the cf door sills just look fantastic on the car, they were one offed for me so dont ask where to get them. Ive seen some on ebay that dont look too horrible but im sure the the old addage applies Ebay = crap

Thats nothing out of the ordinary, thats your standard issue lowering job.
Just because you think it corners on rails, doesn't mean it does, and thats not going to outcorner everything thats out there. It requires a basis for comparision. I thought my car was nailed down until I rode in a Z06 on R comps.
Second of all, you're missing the 2 important links. Tires and an 'I don't give a shit about my tires' alignment. So not to cut down good hard work, but its nothing special.

ryangt 12-28-2005 10:01 AM

my father has a 98 c5 vette i use that for comparrison is that good enough? Or my brothers cbr. When we run up big bear mountain im on their asses on the straights and out in front in the corners. Isnt that what its all about?

Boilermaker1 12-28-2005 10:08 AM

well that can say your dad can't drive his corvette,
Or he's not going as hard as he can because he doesn't want to wad it up or he doesn't want a reckless driving ticket
You're talkin' like a true ricer here and its quite honestly not going to get you anywhere. You can talk it up like something fantastic, but it isnt. Millions of people have Konis and springs with a new swaybar.
Anyone who lowered an RSX on springs and put new shocks has effectively the same setup.

ryangt 12-28-2005 10:11 AM

around here noone does much work on their civics, its all body kits and chrome 18s or 20's so comparing my vehicle to that, id say im a cut above. thats my .02 and noone can change my mind on it. IF youve never ridden in the car, you cant comment, but who denies that their vics can out corner alot of other stuff?

im not arguing that its something super special. Im not working with a crazy budget or it would be. The car does what it was built for and thats all i ask for.

MajinB 12-28-2005 10:15 AM

nice. im lookin for the same setup for suspension. well done

Boilermaker1 12-28-2005 10:17 AM

Sure I can comment. They're commercially available parts. You can buy them anywhere and put them in anyones car. Which I have installed a set of Konis w/ prokits and an RSX bar on my good friend's civic 7 months ago. So I think I know what I'm looking at here.

MajinB 12-28-2005 10:19 AM

no SSM wars dammit. lol

ryangt 12-28-2005 10:21 AM

i agree its stupid to argue this. Your flaming me for putting time and energy to make a clean vic thats not some showy peice of shit. Sorry its not some super expensive f1 car.
Im not doubting you knowing what your talking about, i know you know whats up, but please dont be so hard on the rest of us for trying

lewal 12-28-2005 11:57 AM

^^^
He's not being hard on you because of what you did to your car, but because what you are claiming and braggin about. If you listed your mods and said you liked your setup in a different way (i.e., w/o claiming it's the best or you know from personal experience it can keep up w/ your dad's corvette) he probably just would've said "good job" and moved on...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have all the stuff you did to your car on mine, but still... I doubt it's as great handling as you make it sound

Mutha Fn FBM 85 12-28-2005 12:19 PM

looks great. you should get bigger tires.. and paint your grill. i'm lovin the brakes. what are your future plans?