My new lights, HID - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2005   #1  
Pinkslip Racer

karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
My new lights, HID

Got em done friday dec 16th . Tell me what you think(i love em)

and lemme ask something. because since i have a stock headlamp, it creates a lot of glare...so i wanna get projector. but if i buy projectors, does it come with the light too(in other words, ill end up with 2 sets of HIDS) or do projectors just come the housing and people add the HID themselves

karizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #2  
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Try www.hidplanet.com for getting just a pair of projectors. Alternately, you could try retrofitting in TSX, S2000 (++good), TL or E46 projectors. No, they don't necessarily come w. bulbs, you can buy them w. bulbs/ballasts as a kit or without.

infinite02 posted this write-up he made in another HID thread about retrofitting HID into a Civic: http://retrofit1.dirtysamurai.com/
dre2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #3  
Registered!!

robbyduba is an unknown quantity at this point
you don't have true HID's unless they are housed in projectors that's the whole point of the H and the I in HID high intensity. if the lights is scattered everywhere then it's not intense at all. if I were you I would have looked for a whole tl or s2000 assembly (bulbs ballast and projectors) you could retrofit but as it is I don't know what kind of bulbs or ballastsyou have so I couldn't even begin to tell you where to look for the right projectors.
robbyduba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #4  
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
they look great!
Mutha Fn FBM 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #5  
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
This is only the begining of your HID journey, soon you will want less glare, more wide area, and a cool cutoff...
7thGenerasianCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #6  
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
it looks nice.
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #7  

02VicWilDcaRd is an unknown quantity at this point
holy blue glare!
02VicWilDcaRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #8  
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Nice job!

I got a question for people who know... would it be easyto do on a 2004 headlight? I don't really know anything about this and would be interesting to do it... with a projector, also!
ramcosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #9  
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy from website
Now look like a retard and squat in front of your headlights, then stand back up, squat, stand, squat, etc. Look at the pretty colors.

ramcosca is offline   Reply With Quote