Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

*POST your engine bay pics*

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
supercharged 3.8 ? series 2 i believe, not sure.

dam i saw blk regal was last to post so i checked hoping for gnx.
Old 12-14-2005
Registered!!

BlkRegal should not be trustedBlkRegal should not be trusted
Yep Series II. Sorry no GNX. Some day! haha
Old 01-16-2006
2001 Rallye Red EX

digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
Here's mine. Just installed the K&N Typhoon SRI and Neuspeed the other night.

Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
here is mine! my intake is actually a CAI but i cut it short for the winter seasons and put it back during the sunny seasons
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	engine bay01.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	63766  
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

whitevic is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 01-16-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Here's mine:

Old 01-16-2006
Pretty friggin old-school member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

silver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of light
nice
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
My "nothing special" ghetto turbo
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
i like my stock engine its smoooooth and clean!

Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

RussEXT is an unknown quantity at this point
dezod turbo kit

Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
how much hp gain? like dyno sheet? im planning on that turbo and getting a vtec head
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by RussEXT
dezod turbo kit
My first view into dezod kit. Looks very nice!
What are the gains on it??
5sp/manual??
If you have dyno charts or just know hp#'s post them in forced induction thread. You'll get major props for it!
We'll see ya at f/i thread!
ILIA
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

grncivic2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey is that v2 worth the money or should i get the regular aem cai
Old 01-16-2006

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
^Search for it, lots of info. Worth the money?yes. $195 on ebay
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

do u get the same amount of hp and tq gain out of a v2 i am asking because of the cost for 1 and 2 i like loud intakes makes ur engine sound beastly even tho its a honda lol i want the loudest most gain in a cai i just want to make sure v2 is it cuz i know some of u have had the v2
Old 01-16-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the v2 design doesn't seem any different from a regular aem to me. the pipes are different sizes but thats about it.
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
the v2 design doesn't seem any different from a regular aem to me. the pipes are different sizes but thats about it.
isnt bigger piping better? im still deciding over v2 or CAI
Old 01-16-2006

The design is almost the same, but the sizing compensates a little bit, that filter is huuge and sucks a lot more air than a regular intake.
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

from the looks of it on other engine bay pics the filter is not in the best location to get much air unless im mistaken it being short ram i dont know what i want to do plus when i get it im going to paint it green or somthin or white cuz i got a green car hard to get parts that look good green usually the green is light baby poopy green on some of those ebay cai i am just going to paint my own stuff my self hey does anyone no how much a fuse box cover is or know where i can get one cheap
Old 01-16-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
there are factors that determine what an ideal intake should have. big piping is great for a turbo because you can force more air in. the problem is most of us don't have turbo cars or even fast cars. the engine doesn't suck much air and with a big pipe, you will have air flowing very slowly. a smaller pipe speeds up airflow. depending on the design (like the weapon-r secret which uses a dual barrel pipe for some intakes), the gain will be different. AEM uses a giant pipe which means little to no improvement. K&N uses a slightly smaller pipe and a different design. the filter also matters. plain design with no open front and no velocity stack will actually inhibit airflow, while the reverse can increase airflow even more than having no filter present at all.
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

whats the weapon-r secret? is it any good as far as gains and is it louder than other intakes what would u rather have weapon-r regular aem or aem v2 im confused on what one i should get there are so many but i want to get one that works and not some ebay thing that they claim works but doesnt i want gains more than anything else yes it wont be like 20hp more like 10and less but add that on top of other mods and u got big hp gains thats why i want to get the best intake

oh can i get a website for the weapon-r
Old 01-16-2006

Well I've had the AEM short ram and the V2 is a LOT better but thats my opinion.
Old 01-16-2006
Premium Member

i'm getting mine in a week and will post a review with video. www.weapon-r.com and they give vendor sites there too. also dyno vids which are pretty impressive. i had aem sri, K&N fipk, and K&N typhoon. the aem sucked and the fipk sounded strange. the typhoon was prolly the best so far but still had a ricey sound and plain filter. i'll post about the secret weapon intake when i get it installed.
Old 01-16-2006

Also, I have this question, maybe a Stupid one but I want to know. Ok on this pic, the thing thats in red, what the heck is it and why 01-03's DX/LX's dont have them and Vtec's have them??? Here it is:
Old 01-16-2006

Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

lol bump im really curious too
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

u say vtec have them but the dx and the lx dont have them but i dont see where it says vtec on ur engine mine has it on the spark plug cover urs doesnt

Last edited by grncivic2001; 01-16-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
it gives us vtec owners an extra 300hp, its like a turbo
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

looks closely....mine dosent have it...im a 02 LX
Old 01-16-2006

Ok, you dont understand my point, My car is a DX and it has it, in fact that's my engine bay, thats the main reason Im asking

Last edited by boricua_civic; 01-16-2006 at 10:52 PM.

Quick Reply: *POST your engine bay pics*