Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

*POST your engine bay pics*

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boxcarracer

looks closely....mine dosent have it...im a 02 LX
oh my god do you people read
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
ohhhhhhh but yeah what is that lx dosent have that i feel left out not only do i not have Vtec ....i dont have that thingy O_O
Old 01-16-2006
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
it is the EGR valve.
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by turboengnr
it is the EGR valve.

finally someone knows what it is.......what the hell is a EGR valve
Old 01-16-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
^What does that do and why 01-03 DX/lX's dont have them???
Old 01-16-2006

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
I found this on the search: "the purpose of the EGR is to recirculate exhaust gases through the valve and intake manifiold to the combustion chambers to reduce NoX emissions. the more noX emissions you have, the higher cylinder temps will be".
Old 01-16-2006

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
wow am i glad i have that, i guess??????
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

grncivic2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol me tooo
Old 01-16-2006

What its weird is that 01-03's DX/LX dont have it, dont know why. I'm glad I have one too
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

grncivic2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
what model do u have? do u have vtec? dont see it saying vtec on ur cover
Old 01-16-2006

^^04 DX 5-speed
Old 01-16-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
beats me maybe its on the newer year civics 02+ or something.
Old 01-16-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
umm im pretty sure every model has them, just some u see cus the stock airbox is removed that goes over it.
egr=exhaust gas recirculation.
Old 01-16-2006

^nope, check on page 2 for example, all non-vtec on this thread doesnt have it, except mine. I believe on 04-05's they installed this thing no matter which model.

Last edited by boricua_civic; 01-16-2006 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-17-2006
2001 Rallye Red EX

digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
I thought they all had EGR valves. My 96 hx had one, course that was a vtec.

My 01 ex has it also. They must be located someplace else on the dx and lx then.
Old 01-17-2006

Mine is located at the exact same place of an EX and its an 04 DX, I think 04-05's have them no matter which model. 01-03's DX/LX's werent so lucky
Old 01-17-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
I like duck13's engine seen below:
post: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=232754

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 01-21-2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-17-2006

^ I agree thats the best looking one
Old 01-17-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I'll have some new pics up next week when i get my CF valve cover and some little goodies, DC Battery Tie Down, (and maybe either Spoon or Mugen Radiator Cap, Oil Cap, and resevoir covers <==== Maybe)
Old 01-17-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
where do they have teh carbon fiber plug cover?

what colors would u guys recommend to use? im thinking of sticking to black and bronze in the engine bay, with hints of red (small hints) but i dont know yet. (id like to paint EVERY thing black that isnt like the valve cover and cylinder head (have it off now) and ill reach in and spray the block while the heads off along with tranny) then just small bronze and red accents (ill also paint the charge piping for the turbo black.
Old 01-18-2006

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I bought the CF Spark Plug cover from DGmotorsports. Its a OEM Style Replacement and now just a cover, It Read VTEC on it too, so it is 100% dead on OEM Replica only in CF. I've got Red Strut Bar and going with Red Battery Tie down with a Red Mugen Oil Cap, CF Fuse box cover will also be added. Then the turbo charge pipes will either be Gunmetal, Red, or custom CF wrap, i'm going to have the Manifold and DP finished in Black.
Old 01-18-2006

i think those resevoir covers are really stupid, i wouldnt get them
Old 01-18-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
agreed. haha. i'll have a new pic in a few days when i get my intake
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
OMFG!
This is CLEAN!
More clean then my panties! :LOL:

[QUOTE=PunkingCivic]I like duck13's engine seen below:
post: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=232754

Old 01-20-2006

Here ya go guys

Old 01-21-2006
Premium Member

Old 01-21-2006

Gearbox, bought the Mother Billet Polish and polished up the Header cover, AC lines, and the little box near the strut bar, not sure what that is. Wow, is all i can say, the AC Lines are what shined up the most, i couldn't believe how shiny they are now, the Header cover didn't come out as shiny as i want it to. But i'm gonna get a high speed buffer and do so that it comes out nice. That way it can hold me until i get the turbo manifold.
Old 01-21-2006
Premium Member

the header piece took me an hour since i went over it about 10 times. it takes alot of work but will come out shiny. ya the lines polish into chrome but they tend to revert back in a couple months so its something you gotta do whenever you clean the engine bay.
Old 01-21-2006
Supercharged k20a3

Drivetofast is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 01-22-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
^^ dude dont know if you noticed, but someone took out your d17 and it looks to be some sort of k series in there... i think, weird angle...

Quick Reply: *POST your engine bay pics*