Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

hood scoops and hood vents???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
go with a carbon fiber vented hood. the stick on vents and scoops fly off at high speeds, lol.
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

susuking is on a distinguished road
scoops fly off at high speed? but how fast can our civic go?
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

h0nd4_r1c3r_X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
wut the heck are roof scoops for anyways? on rally cars i mean..? redneck A/C?
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

GLi4dr is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe im steppin out onto the firing line, but for the most part, I think a large number of posters in this thread are ****tards.
Have any of you looked at n/a drag cars?? And how ugly some of the hoods, scoops and cowl inductions are??
Okay, so this guy might not have a bad *** drag car that needs the attention of a huge scoop suckin in shitloads of air, but you dont know that.
If thats what he wants, then try and help him out, ie, ideas, pics, not bag him out cause its a slow day at work.
With all due respect to Derek, this forum is goin to **** with people that are too quick to take the **** and call everyone out for every idea they get. /rant

Right.... Ive got some sketches and what not from a composites shop that showed a scoop, based on a WRX but changed to flow with our hood more, with an airbox under neathe of it, like a tunnel ram set up. Looks good and does the job. Ill post pics when I get home.

-BEN
Old 12-02-2005
Broken Arm, How Am I Suppost To Shift

down_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusted
Originally Posted by GLi4dr
Maybe im steppin out onto the firing line, but for the most part, I think a large number of posters in this thread are ****tards.
Have any of you looked at n/a drag cars?? And how ugly some of the hoods, scoops and cowl inductions are??
Okay, so this guy might not have a bad *** drag car that needs the attention of a huge scoop suckin in shitloads of air, but you dont know that.
If thats what he wants, then try and help him out, ie, ideas, pics, not bag him out cause its a slow day at work.
With all due respect to Derek, this forum is goin to **** with people that are too quick to take the **** and call everyone out for every idea they get. /rant

Right.... Ive got some sketches and what not from a composites shop that showed a scoop, based on a WRX but changed to flow with our hood more, with an airbox under neathe of it, like a tunnel ram set up. Looks good and does the job. Ill post pics when I get home.

-BEN

Thats a pritty hash assumption your making there buddie... if you take a look around. Only a select few ever bitch or "take the quick **** and call everyone out"... i say only a few because most of us on here. Usually do or attempt to put them in there place.. and even at that.. all it does is make thouse select few look bad............ he wanted an opinion, and he got one.... maybe it wasnt the one he wanted to hear.. but he was the one who asked.. im not condoning the bashing of people.. but im not to sure you read the enire topic... if you did.. you would of noticed NOT ONE PERSON BASHED HIM!!!!.. and it seems to me.. the only person in this thread that is pissing on people is you... But in your case.. your not just bashing this thread.. but the entire whole of this Forum.... i Suggest you keep YOUR oppions to yourself.. If you dont want to become the black sheep of this thread....

ON THE TOPIC AT HAND.. Hood scoops are pointless.. they do 2 things, 1 make the car look tacky (unless its a very very clean looking scoop)
and 2. THere pointless on a Civic. or any Car for that matter that is NOT EQUIPED WITH A RAM AIR KIT!!!!!!. all it will do is create Drag.. and slow you down........just like the Spoilers, all thouse ricers have on there cars..... i know.. because i use to be one .......but that has LOOONGGG sinced changed.. and i, unlike some people *caugh* see above *caugh* have grown up...
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Are Hood scoops pointless if his car is a show car? ..... NO they will help him win points. Noone knows if his car is a show car or not. I remember I used to want the Kaminari hood which i think looks sweet. People are assuming his car is just some ricer with a 3 foot tall wing and 8" exhaust tip.
Old 12-02-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
have you seen the OPs earlier posts?
Old 12-02-2005

starstryke is an unknown quantity at this point
CivicSpeedster

It's not about you, these old coots have been around here so long that they generally ruin topics by talking to eachother and their opinions rather than answer the question the topic starter presented.

I don't care what anyone says, if you're going to put that body kit on your car, get a hood with a prebuilt scoop.. I feel bodykits are for looks anyways and if getting a scoop would make you happy with the finished car, get it.

Vents on the fender are mostly cosmetic unless you install some sort of ducting to travel either to the engine bay (underneath exiting cold air to the sides of the radiator and not too close to the headers) or to those red hot brakes. I'm sure there's a DIY somewhere, it not I'll have to make one using NACA vents (<-- those are inverted scoops that intake air and are meant to duct air to the brakes in Nascars).

Edit:
Forgot to give me opinion on vents. They look good but the m3 fenders are toooooo common. I've noticed that there's a mock mustangish side vent now that looks nice, can't remember what its called but it looks ok. Just like I said, if you want it and feel that it makes your car look nice, get 1, the other or both, just please get that bodykit first so your car doesn't look badly done. Make sure all the curves and designs of the body parts follow some sort of contour from front to back and wings = useless. Wings are only designed to create downforce for RWD cars. Unless you're gonna do that NSX swap, do not get a wing, it adds weight and depending on the size will affect performance. If you want to create downforce, get a lip on the front bumper. Ok, I'm done with this... hope it helps.

Last edited by starstryke; 12-02-2005 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

b00stinem2 is an unknown quantity at this point
nsx side vents are good looking when done right
Old 12-02-2005

starstryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by h0nd4_r1c3r_X
wut the heck are roof scoops for anyways? on rally cars i mean..? redneck A/C?

Actually they aren't. I used to rally race so I understand it from my perspective. I used my roof scoop for the rear brakes of all things, ran the ducting down the rear roof support beams for the rollcage and down to the brakes internally. No hood scoop, bad for rally. Side NACA ducts on the front bumper/fender for front brake ducting.

The reason why I personally ran a hood scoop is that when you run brake ducting underneath the car during a rally they get TRASHED and THRASHED and BASHED... I should be a rapper. J/k, but scoops in rally are mainly used for the brakes, not redneck a/c.
Old 12-02-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by starstryke
scoops in rally are mainly used for the brakes, not redneck a/c.
God Damn It! You just **** in my Fruit Loops!
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
My car is faster!
Old 12-03-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
I said it once and ill say it again, I think i made a huge huge mistake wasting my $$ on looks and yet still cannot get into 1 car show here in LA. With all that done I couldve done a swap!!! GOD IM AN IDIOT..... but yea, do whatever makes you happy buy eventually you will look back and say to yourself, "why the fvck i wasted my $$ on that shyt"
Old 12-03-2005
If Your Reading This Your Dee Dee Dee

Bad_Civc is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by AlienX
i like this hood.. i noticed the name said custom is it or just some company makes it... what a camaro ss cowl hood molded onto a metal vic hood ?

ive seen camaros with that style of a scoop/cowl hood .. hmm .. id rock this hood.. plus my car is same color , has same headlight mod..

hmm.. get the camaro hood ,cut out the scoop/cowl part lay it out on the vic hood .. trace it cut out metal from vic hood.. fiberglass the scoop/cowl onto the vic and done..

plus the way the scoop is i could fab up a small piece of metal for the sensor in the intake and the hood having enough height in the cowl to fit just a cone filter on it ... ram air intake..
Old 12-03-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Goodluck looking over your hood. It's too big.