Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Traded my Evo for...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Well I am keeping my civic for a while. Hopefully I can keep it about 3 or 4 more years so I can save up some money after college (click me). I want to get an atom, and just get like a civic daily driver or some toyota or some other spo com.

I will not buy an evo or sti tho. lol.
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
im a computer operator...soon to be a programer...leanrning a bunch of other things thou for my company!

good luck!

I will not buy a Z.....maybe a G35.lol

EVO ALL THE WAY.
Old 01-24-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
lol glad to see another computer nerd here. good luck.
I wanted to do computer software engineering through high school but got bored with programming for reasons unknown to me. now i am doing computer hardware engineering. should be alot of fun.
Ill get a metro and drive that around. that way no one will try to race me like if I had any of the cars mentioned here!
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by diskreet
lol glad to see another computer nerd here. good luck.
I wanted to do computer software engineering through high school but got bored with programming for reasons unknown to me. now i am doing computer hardware engineering. should be alot of fun.
Ill get a metro and drive that around. that way no one will try to race me like if I had any of the cars mentioned here!
lol this is true...Hey im am not a nerd...lol
yeah well i mean like i said i do more then just programing...so its not that bad..i work for a health fund that supports the union workers...so its all good..i love leaving the building for a few...they are teaching me right now to fix the computers and **** here and in other locals....so its fun to leave..lol.
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

lunch time ill talk to you later..
Old 01-24-2006

Originally Posted by exturbo6
lol this is true...Hey im am not a nerd...lol
yeah well i mean like i said i do more then just programing...so its not that bad..i work for a health fund that supports the union workers...so its all good..i love leaving the building for a few...they are teaching me right now to fix the computers and **** here and in other locals....so its fun to leave..lol.
cool. for a while my friends and i (in high school) used to fix peoples computers around town and basically all that money went to gas and food so we could just drive around all night every night for a few years hahaha.
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by exturbo6
a EVO/STI is a rice rocket.....dont think its ricey at all...you need to have money to buy any of these cars...including the Z...plus i dont see any of them riced out...
Lets see...altezza tails, large scoop in hood, large spoiler, turbo that makes loud turbo sounds, sounds like a bit of the rice to me. EVOs and STi's have boy-racer written all over them, sure they're fun as hell and cost a pretty penny, but the Z and to a greater extent the G35 have greater cachet for anyone over the age of 30..
Old 01-24-2006

Originally Posted by dre2600
Lets see...altezza tails, large scoop in hood, large spoiler, turbo that makes loud turbo sounds, sounds like a bit of the rice to me. EVOs and STi's have boy-racer written all over them, sure they're fun as hell and cost a pretty penny, but the Z and to a greater extent the G35 have greater cachet for anyone over the age of 30..
thanks for proving my point since some for reason i didnt think of writing all that.
Old 01-24-2006
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
mm...get some NISMO goods. hehe.
nice Z man...i love that car..although i'd rather have the G35 myself..nice car ! and awsome colour ! I LOVVE black
Old 01-24-2006
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
I hate you
Old 01-25-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dre2600
and if i was 30 id still want a EVO...
Old 01-25-2006
Registered!!

Thrasher086 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats some upgrade! Im jealous....
Old 05-06-2007
Finally a Z Owner

Robert_K is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Traded my Evo for...

UPDATE!!!

Vehicle: 2003 Nissan 350Z Touring 6sp
Engine Code: VQ35DE
ECU: TurboXS UTEC

Engine:
- AutoTechnic CF Shroud
- JWT PopCharger w/ Heatshield
- InGalls Stiffy Engine Torque Damper
- MotorDyne 5/16" Spacer w/ ISO Gasket
- UR Underdrive Crank Pulley
- Gates Belts
- NGK Iridium IX 1-Step Colder Spark Plugs
- APS 2.5" Test Pipes
- Stillen TD Cat-back w/ ZR Single Tips
- TurboXS UTEC
- TurboXS Tuner Wideband w/ Bosch O2 Sensor
- Nismo Oil Cap
- KICS Magnetic Oil Plug
- Royal Purple 10W30 Engine Oil
- Royal Puple MaxGear 80W-90 Diff Oil
- Redline Oil MTL/ MT-90 Mixed Tranny Oil

Suspension & Brakes:
- Aerosync CF Front Strut Brace
- Hotchkis Stage 1 TVS Kit (Lowering Springs, F&R Adjustable Sway Bars, Bushings, and Brackets)
- StopTech Stage 2 OEM Brake Kit (StopTech Slotted Rotors, Axxis Ulitmates Pads, StopTech Stainless Steel Lines, Motul RBF600 Fluid)
- EBC Yellow Stuff Race Pads (Track Use)

Wheels/Tires:
- 225/45-18F & 245/45-18R BFG KDW

Exterior:
- Grille-Tech Black Race Grille
- JDM Nissan Smoked Markers
- Nismo Horns
- 6000k D2R Bulbs
- White Wedge-Type Parking LEDs
- AUT Carbon Fiber Z Emblem Filler
- 15% Tint All Around
- Varis CF B-Pillars
- Removed Rear Wiper
- Perrin Shorty Antenna
- JDM Fairlady Z Emblem
- White Wedge License Plate LEDs
- White Reverse LEDs
- Nissan Valve Caps

Interior:
- Rearview Radar Detector Mount
- Bel RX65 Laser/ Radar Detector
- Nismo Ti Shift ****
- Custom Mounted TurboXS UTEC Map Switch
- Nissan Z Seatback Organizer
- Nissan Z Trunk Mat

Audio:
- XM Roady Radio

Currently: HP: 256 TQ: 240

Just Ordered:
- Work Meister S1 3-piece Custom Painted Matte Black 19x9.5(+24 offset) & 19x11(+36 offset)

Coming Soon:
- BFG KDW 245/35-19 & 285/35-19
- StopTech 14" Big Brake Kit; 6-pot (F) & 4-pot (R) w/ Slotted Zinc Coated Slotted Rotors
- JWT Clutch & Flywheel
- JWT Twin Turbo Kit (Goal: 300ish RWTQ @ 2000 rpm & Peak 430ish RWHP)
- Nismo V1 Front Bumper
- Tourenn Rear Bumper

Pictures:

Video:
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice

good pics!
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

s.snk3 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice car,i wouldnt trade a evo for that tho.EVO ftmfw
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

nice whip...
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point

i would take a Z over a Evo for sure, nice car man!
^^^
V
I wouldn't!. But to be nice and encouraging, THATS A NICE CAR MAN!.
Old 05-06-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

looks like youve been busy lol. nice modding
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

tougEMII has a spectacular aura abouttougEMII has a spectacular aura about

yeah realllllllllllllllly nice pics..i like that desert scene. crazy. damn u came a long way from ur evo huh...haha..hows the handling compared to the evo?
Old 05-06-2007
Finally a Z Owner

Originally Posted by 2k1civic01
good pics!
Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
nice whip...
Originally Posted by gearbox
looks like youve been busy lol. nice modding
Originally Posted by tougEMII
yeah realllllllllllllllly nice pics..i like that desert scene. crazy. damn u came a long way from ur evo huh...haha..hows the handling compared to the evo?

Thanks! Colorado is a great state for some awesome shots!!! I've been somewhat busy modding wise. Trying to do all the cheaper, supporting mods to get ready for the TT kit. I did have high plans/goals for the Evo but that feel threw when the Evo fell apart. The Z is very much more fun to drive. Yes its a bit slower, especaily at elevation, but still gets up and goes. The Z (rwd) makes you work driving it vs the Evo (awd) did the work for you. Plus no turbo lag with the Z. The Evo fairly large turbo sucked at low RPMs. I love not having to rev the engine to 3k rpm to get going from a stop light/sign. The N/A 3.5l instant 274 (stock) torque really get you up and going.

Originally Posted by s.snk3
nice car,i wouldnt trade a evo for that tho.EVO ftmfw
Originally Posted by Johnold
^^^ I wouldn't!. But to be nice and encouraging, THATS A NICE CAR MAN!.
Thanks!!! BTW: If you had the problems I had with mine you would. Refer to earlier post for a list of problems.
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

red_civic_boi is an unknown quantity at this point

The z is nice but i wouldnt traded 4 it cuz the evo8 can beats z anydays lol
Old 05-06-2007
Finally a Z Owner

Originally Posted by red_civic_boi
The z is nice but i wouldnt traded 4 it cuz the evo8 can beats z anydays lol
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

Thanks!!! BTW: If you had the problems I had with mine you would. Refer to earlier post for a list of problems.
I feel you bro!, I was just saying that cause the Evo has a GREAT reputation for "GREATNESS". But for sure!, if it was giving you more probs than it was worth keeping, I guess I would've done the same. For me though, I kept it HONDA and got myself into a 2007 Civic Si (Coupe). I love the car except for when people vandalize it
Old 05-06-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

it does? everyone i know with one says its in the shop more than in their garage.something goes wrong on a weekly basis almost. oh and if you have ideas about actually racing or driving it fast, youre really gonna be in trouble.
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

BlueRevs is an unknown quantity at this point

Should of traded the Evo for an STi. They dont break as much as Mitsu's. lol
Old 05-06-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Very nice.. but, Nismo Horns?
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

tougEMII has a spectacular aura abouttougEMII has a spectacular aura about

well when it comes down to autox or road racing. a z can be very much comparible to an evo8. but probably not as good. but still a good z driver can be just as good as a evo. so saying stuff about performance really depends. and noticing that robert does some autox, it wouldnt really depend on straight aways. yaknowadimeann
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

it does? everyone i know with one says its in the shop more than in their garage.something goes wrong on a weekly basis almost. oh and if you have ideas about actually racing or driving it fast, youre really gonna be in trouble.
yes Gearbox very true but if you RACE or AUTOX any car, you're gonna end up being in the shop more than on the road or in the garage IMO. I feel like if i had myself an Evo9 or something that i'd never have it in the shop cause i don't race or autox so i'd guess that MY Evo would last.

if Mitsubishi knows that their Evo's break down and start "sucking", then WHY sell them for SUCH high prices?

I thought about getting the Z before i got my Si but I just couldn't leave HONDA...just couldn't
Old 05-07-2007
Premium Member

well, the whole point of the car is for people who want to use it. nobody buys an evo and drives it like a civic. it had the potential to be a great car, they just didnt put enough thought into it and used alot of cheap parts. they sell them for hi prices because people dont know any better. and the tuners that are serious about em end up replacing most of the factory parts anyway.
Old 05-07-2007
Finally a Z Owner

Originally Posted by gearbox
well, the whole point of the car is for people who want to use it. nobody buys an evo and drives it like a civic. it had the potential to be a great car, they just didnt put enough thought into it and used alot of cheap parts. they sell them for hi prices because people dont know any better. and the tuners that are serious about em end up replacing most of the factory parts anyway.
Well put. I purchased my old Evo for Auto-X, Drag, & Road racing events. When it started going done hill from just normal street driving I asked what did I get myself into. I'm much happier with my 350 now.

Quick Reply: Traded my Evo for...