Mr2 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2005   #1  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

jmiester96 will become famous soon enoughjmiester96 will become famous soon enough
Mr2

Hey guys, I was thinking about getting an MR2. What do you guys think about the MR2. Good decision/bad decision. Thanks.
jmiester96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #2  
Premium Member

jmiester96 will become famous soon enoughjmiester96 will become famous soon enough
oh and by the way i was talking about a 1994 MR2.
Old 11-15-2005   #3  
Registered!!

MagicRacing18 will become famous soon enoughMagicRacing18 will become famous soon enough
Good, do it! Get a turbo though, throw the TRD wide body on it, up the boost and away you go.

~n~
MagicRacing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #4  
Premium Member

yea, i'm looking for one. I'm trying to find one with a turbo or a good price, or get one thats cheaper and just get a new engine/turbo.
Old 11-15-2005   #5  
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
They can be very fast, but they're rather edgy when it comes to bad driving. All the weight is in the back. making oversteer a big issue. Also a bit tempermental with fixing and stuff. I had a friend who had one, got sick of dealing with it, sold it and got a Celica All-Trac instead. The All trac was definitely easier to handle, he claimed it was easier to deal with from a working on it perspective, but I couldn't see how... it was just as cramped.
Boilermaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #6  
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Great looking cars if done right... Great handling cars too, so you don't need to boost the crap out of it to have fun with it.
CivicsRdBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #7  
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Mid-engine > anything else
XxJDMCivicxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #8  
There is [email protected] in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
The only thing with buyin a car already turbo'd is that you know someone has prolly ran the **** out of it, just watch out.
drew22mader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #9  
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJDMCivicxX
yep very true.
Old 11-15-2005   #10  
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJDMCivicxX
I say do it...200%.....But just make sure you have some cake left over to fix it up....there not all bad, but I have known some bad ones....but I can't say there is a 10 year old turbo charged car out there that wont cost you a few reapir bills here and there.
Hurts2bStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #11  
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
I was in the same situation as u. But i could not find one that satisfied me. I'm just used to the way that my honda drives, and i have yet to find another brand that drives as nice as my civic for the same price. The one thing i cant STAND on all of the mr2's that i drove was the transmission. They all shifted like crap. But thats just my personal oppinion. If u can find a 94 for a good price i say goahead, but that will be hard. I say get a 91-92. The 93-94 had a different suspension that tedned to understeer more at the limit. Na -> Turbo swaps end up costing more than a decent turbo model.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005   #12  
Premium Member

k guys thanks.