Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

question about mismatched seats ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
question about mismatched seats ?

now i post a lot on HT and i always see a lot of eg and ek hatches that are rockin 2 different seats. like the passenger seat will be oem and the driver will be a recaro or bride or somethin, to me that kinda seems wierd because they dont match ya know. but i want to know everybody else's opinions on that here's a pic of what i'm talking about too.

here's an integra with a buddly club and oem S2000 seat it just seems wierd to me and dont ask about the cow interior i dont know whats up with that
Old 11-11-2005
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
That is too much for my taste! Everything has to be matching to me. Then there is the cow thing on the door and the console....

It's probably some ricers girlfriends car. He probably thought that was the sh*t. JDM style.

Also the way that pic was taken the drivers seat looks weird... like the top of the seat is in the shape of a condom.
Old 11-11-2005

when the guy bought the car that cow interior was in there he's already ripped apart the car and redone it. my question is about the seats thou what do people prefer matching front seats or 2 different ones ?
Old 11-11-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
They can't afford 2 mAd TyTe JDM seats, so they buy 1... since they're the only one in the car anyways.
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

the415 is an unknown quantity at this point
Some folks that autoX only have use for one race seat and they end up taking out the passenger while they race. But while its being daily driven they throw the passenger seat back in.
Old 11-11-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
I have a friend who currently has a mismatched seat, it's because they can't afford the other one. In a month or two the same guy will have matching seats.
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
Plus half those OEM seats are stolen.
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
depends on what ur going for, my whole interior is all black now. i was gonna get one bride seat before, but its tottaly off track from what i want my car to look like... either way it looks good imho but again depends what ur lookin for.
Old 11-11-2005

i've sat in that buddyclub seat and man its nice and snug i like to autocross too but at the same time i dont know if i want 2 of them because a few of my friends would have a hard time sittin in them and i dont want them riding in the back because they couldn't fit in the seat ya know.
Old 11-11-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Ever sit in a APC seat..? My friends got them and wow.. it's like sitting on bricks.. STIFF..
Old 11-11-2005

can't spell crap without apc
Old 11-11-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
What if, he uses that car on the track as well, the driver seat would obviously be a racing seat, and the passenger OEM, for the comfurt of his passenger becuase its also driven on the street. Obviously, if he was track racing, or driving dangerously on the street, He would be the only one in his car becuase he does not want to risk the lives of his loved ones, so he would only need one racing seat. ! I say he a lot, although it could be a she, i mean..that white/black cow theme is a little...."mooooooooo"

lol. i dont know, i'm just trying to get into the mind of the owner of that car.
Old 11-11-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
the passenger seat is just incase you need to have some one in the car. But the driver seat being a racing seat is so the driver could use a harness and the passenger seat doesn't need a harness cause there will be no passenger on the track.

I thought this was pretty much common sense... guess people arn't as smart as they should be
Old 11-11-2005
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
Uhhh yeah but most of the cars on there have mad Horsepower and hello if your rockin' pimp *** seats like Bride's, Recaro's, Memory Fab...its hella expensive to get a matching set when the passanger doesnt really need the bolstering and such as much as the driver...JMO.. I might do that some day when I get enough cash to buy a damn Bride seat or fit in one for that matter...LOL... But yeah most of those cars are built from the ground up and can pretty much pull off anything.... Have you seen the AMSe7en cars and such pretty crazy color schemes but because they are so clean they pimp out $hit you'd never think would look good....
Old 11-11-2005

yea the AMSe7en cars are like worshipped on HT because they always have the craziest setups. i've sat in recaro's and bride and man they both feel the same to me maybe one day i'll own one
Old 11-12-2005
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
I have mismatched seats. My driver seat is a fiberglas, non-reclinable Sparco Roadster and my passenger seat is a Sparco Torino 2. This is so that my passengers can adjust their position to get comfortable, while I get a racing seat. Also, it allows access to the backseat.

Old 11-12-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
i would say it could be two reasons or a combination of both.
1. couldnt afford the other one so instead of going for two cheapo ones they got one good one.
2. they see no need for a passenger to be in a racing seat and figure they will let them be comfortable and be able to adjust it or get in/out easier ant what not. (im against this because i know there is nothing more comfortable than a full on racing seat that pretty mugh wraps its arms around you and gives a big hug.)