Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   question about mismatched seats ? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/234611-question-about-mismatched-seats.html)

mrDFWmechanic 11-11-2005 08:48 AM

question about mismatched seats ?

now i post a lot on HT and i always see a lot of eg and ek hatches that are rockin 2 different seats. like the passenger seat will be oem and the driver will be a recaro or bride or somethin, to me that kinda seems wierd because they dont match ya know. but i want to know everybody else's opinions on that here's a pic of what i'm talking about too.

http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/9017/10944fs.jpg

here's an integra with a buddly club and oem S2000 seat it just seems wierd to me and dont ask about the cow interior i dont know whats up with that

texascivic2k1 11-11-2005 08:56 AM

That is too much for my taste! Everything has to be matching to me. Then there is the cow thing on the door and the console....:shake:

It's probably some ricers girlfriends car. He probably thought that was the sh*t. JDM style.

Also the way that pic was taken the drivers seat looks weird... like the top of the seat is in the shape of a condom.

mrDFWmechanic 11-11-2005 08:59 AM

when the guy bought the car that cow interior was in there he's already ripped apart the car and redone it. my question is about the seats thou what do people prefer matching front seats or 2 different ones ?

Boilermaker1 11-11-2005 09:01 AM

They can't afford 2 mAd TyTe JDM seats, so they buy 1... since they're the only one in the car anyways.

the415 11-11-2005 09:05 AM

Some folks that autoX only have use for one race seat and they end up taking out the passenger while they race. But while its being daily driven they throw the passenger seat back in.

Mutha Fn FBM 85 11-11-2005 09:09 AM

I have a friend who currently has a mismatched seat, it's because they can't afford the other one. In a month or two the same guy will have matching seats. :lol:

DaddyFatSacks 11-11-2005 09:11 AM

Plus half those OEM seats are stolen.

02civic_rida 11-11-2005 09:16 AM

depends on what ur going for, my whole interior is all black now. i was gonna get one bride seat before, but its tottaly off track from what i want my car to look like... either way it looks good imho but again depends what ur lookin for.

mrDFWmechanic 11-11-2005 09:18 AM

i've sat in that buddyclub seat and man its nice and snug i like to autocross too but at the same time i dont know if i want 2 of them because a few of my friends would have a hard time sittin in them and i dont want them riding in the back because they couldn't fit in the seat ya know.

Mutha Fn FBM 85 11-11-2005 09:22 AM

Ever sit in a APC seat..? My friends got them and wow.. it's like sitting on bricks.. STIFF.. :tdown:

mrDFWmechanic 11-11-2005 09:28 AM

can't spell crap without apc

jhonsok 11-11-2005 09:48 AM

What if, he uses that car on the track as well, the driver seat would obviously be a racing seat, and the passenger OEM, for the comfurt of his passenger becuase its also driven on the street. Obviously, if he was track racing, or driving dangerously on the street, He would be the only one in his car becuase he does not want to risk the lives of his loved ones, so he would only need one racing seat. ! I say he a lot, although it could be a she, i mean..that white/black cow theme is a little...."mooooooooo"

lol. i dont know, i'm just trying to get into the mind of the owner of that car.

Blahman240 11-11-2005 10:39 AM

the passenger seat is just incase you need to have some one in the car. But the driver seat being a racing seat is so the driver could use a harness and the passenger seat doesn't need a harness cause there will be no passenger on the track.

I thought this was pretty much common sense... guess people arn't as smart as they should be

XTREME2K2CIVIC 11-11-2005 10:57 AM

Uhhh yeah but most of the cars on there have mad Horsepower and hello if your rockin' pimp ass seats like Bride's, Recaro's, Memory Fab...its hella expensive to get a matching set when the passanger doesnt really need the bolstering and such as much as the driver...JMO.. I might do that some day when I get enough cash to buy a damn Bride seat or fit in one for that matter...LOL... But yeah most of those cars are built from the ground up and can pretty much pull off anything.... Have you seen the AMSe7en cars and such pretty crazy color schemes but because they are so clean they pimp out $hit you'd never think would look good....

mrDFWmechanic 11-11-2005 11:30 AM

yea the AMSe7en cars are like worshipped on HT because they always have the craziest setups. i've sat in recaro's and bride and man they both feel the same to me maybe one day i'll own one

LogicWavelength 11-12-2005 06:57 AM

I have mismatched seats. My driver seat is a fiberglas, non-reclinable Sparco Roadster and my passenger seat is a Sparco Torino 2. This is so that my passengers can adjust their position to get comfortable, while I get a racing seat. Also, it allows access to the backseat.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...2401seats2.jpg

ncirom2003 11-12-2005 07:22 AM

i would say it could be two reasons or a combination of both.
1. couldnt afford the other one so instead of going for two cheapo ones they got one good one.
2. they see no need for a passenger to be in a racing seat and figure they will let them be comfortable and be able to adjust it or get in/out easier ant what not. (im against this because i know there is nothing more comfortable than a full on racing seat that pretty mugh wraps its arms around you and gives a big hug.)