Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Turtle vs. Deer

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Turtle vs. Deer

So in a match between the turtle versus a deer, who do you think would win? My answer, the turtle, but just barely...

I was supposed to introduce to you guys our third vehicle. It wasn't a Civic this time, it was a Kia Rio hatchback, a green one, I already gave it the nickname the turtle, becuase it is green, has a hatch, and well, I personally think it would be faster in the water than on land. It stinks inside because the former owner smoked in it. It has low mileage and looked good when we bought it last Saturday, Nov. 5th. It was a used vehicle.

I got a call @ 4:30 in the morning and I had to pick my dad up. I picked him up and we found the place that they towed the car to. My dad managed to hit a deer. The deer was huge. Deer parts were still on the car. He said he didn't stop becuase the thing came out of no-where. Which, if you look at the car, is probably why the thing didn't land up on the windshield. The guy behind my dad called the cops because my dad doesn't have a cel. The worst thing is, since it is a new car, no one bothered to call the insurance right away to get it insured. The radiator was pushed back, the hood and fender messed up, the headlights were busted. I do not know what happened to the deer.

Deer fur.

Deer blood.

My mom was in the way for this one, but you could clearly see the damage. It was as good as a Kia could be before the deer came along.
Old 11-08-2005
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Damn that sucks.
Old 11-08-2005

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
It does. It has spent less than a week at home and it already looks like its been through hell and back.

We need to keep it at the towing place becuase we still don't know what we're going to do with it.
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
dang, that sucks. i would've got insurance on it the same day i got it. and wouldn't have driven it without insurance,
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
that's why they're disposable cars I guesS???
Old 11-08-2005

Originally Posted by bluestreak
that's why they're disposable cars I guesS???
You probably have wads of cash to buy cars lying around...
Old 11-08-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
at least it was the crappy car, and not the civic.
Old 11-08-2005
Make friends with your slow.

Morton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud of
Wadup

Your moms cute no im just messing with you. but really shes cute though, i say cute cause i dont want to be a total *** and say hot, but you get what im thinking, if i were you i would go get a rental car that looks exactly the same as that one and put your tags on it and all your info like registration etc and take to the insurance place get insurance on it take the tags off of the rental put everything back onto your car take the rental car back and 1 month later call your insurance company and tell them you hit a deer. make sure you keep it covered with a canvis or tarp so it wont rust and be sure to not tell very many more people what youve done unless you live in a huge city. Just a thought, its not like ive done it b-4 or anything lol
Old 11-08-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Damn deer are hard...
Old 11-08-2005

Originally Posted by MajinB
at least it was the crappy car, and not the civic.
exactly what I was thinking. 1 out of 3 cars, and the one that got into a major accident was the one that wasn't a Civic.

Anyway, I don't quite understand what is happening. I think my dad told me that since you can't drive with out insurance, the car was supposed to have insurance the moment we bought it from the dearership.

The switching thing won't work becuase the companies check the vin. Or, the good ones do at least.
Old 11-08-2005

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
yes the car should have been insured before you even left the dealer
Old 11-08-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
how were you driving it without insurance? md. state law, no insurance, no tags.
Old 11-08-2005
Make friends with your slow.

Morton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud of
Wadup

take the vin off of the damaged car and put it on the rental, only problem is you will have to take the winshield off of both cars..
Old 11-08-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
poor car, that deer must hate kias.
Old 11-08-2005

Originally Posted by boricua_civic
Old 11-08-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by _D17A2_
take the vin off of the damaged car and put it on the rental, only problem is you will have to take the winshield off of both cars..
you want him to commit federal offense to save a couple grand? that could be im guessing 2 grandISH. and hes gonna do all that to be thrown in jail and get massive fines?

not to mention that there are several vin locations on a car and sometimes the insurance people will just look for that, plus th rental will have to have all the same features and color and that fun stuff. plus if the rental has higher mileage (which it def does cus his turtle sounds new) hes fugged.
Old 11-08-2005

yea nicrom has a point, that kia ain't worth but like 4 or 5k max. not worth it all all
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

no, I don't have wads of cash laying around, that's not to say If I had whatever ammount you spent on that kia, I would've bought something else, I'm not flaming, just saying I would've got an older gen vic or nissan, etc......
Old 11-09-2005

which is exactly what we tried to do. however, if you want something with fairly low mileage, you're paying $4-5k more for a similar Honda/Nissan/Toyota from the same year.

personally, I would have bought a Miata (I actually found one cheaper than the Kia and in great shape too), but insurance for those things are killer for someone under 25.
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

yeah, well a kia with 30K miles is equivalent to a honda w/ 100K miles in my opionion.....I wasn't trying to start shiat w/ you....insurance does suck, that's why I'll have my vic till it dies....
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by _D17A2_
i'm sorry, but are you stupid or something?
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

^ yeah, that is a stupid idea, there's probably 10 spots on the car w/ the vin on it........facing mad jail time for a couple of grand, I don't get it. It's like robbing a bank, the average score is like 1500 and you're doing many years in jail????
Old 11-09-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
Look's fixible... but in this case you have to ask the question, Is it even worth it?
Old 11-09-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by boricua_civic
lol, people like kia's?
Old 11-09-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
According to state law a car is covered under your existing policy for up to 7 days with liability. You may attempt to claim this on your insurance on the other 2 vehicles. If you push them, they will probably take care of it. No you cant get tags that way, but you have 30 days to register and tag the vehicle.
Old 11-09-2005

Originally Posted by Blahman240
Look's fixible... but in this case you have to ask the question, Is it even worth it?
Very very good question. It looks like it will need an entirely new front end, excluding the bumper, including one fender. It will need a new radiator and the metal parts attached to that too, but beyond that, the deer didn't damage the engine as there was a lot of space between the radiator and the engine.

I was told that the insurance guy will check it out either today or tomorrow. He's going to tell us whether the parts/labor are worth more than the car... Which brings us to the question, are Kia parts expensive? Also, would that have ruined the handling? What am I talking about... Kia and "handling"...
Old 11-09-2005
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor

Xenin is an unknown quantity at this point
that'll buff right out.
Old 11-09-2005