Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

"Money Management" Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GACivic is an unknown quantity at this point
"Money Management" Help Needed

Ok... Well I think for Christmas, my mom is going to give me around $500...

Well I am positive that I want a carbon fiber hood, just the stock style one, with pins and stuff (I can get a local guy audio guy to put it on and put the pins on for me).

First of all how much is that hood + pins going to cost me? He told me he could get me one for $200 put on, with pins and everything new, but that sounds way to cheap to me.

Ok secondly, with whatever amount of money I have left over, what would be a good thing for my car, keep in mind that my car is under warranty, so I can't really do much to the engine and stuff, except maybe buy a new muffler which I really do need.

Any help you have is appreciated...I'll give rep for links,etc.
Old 11-04-2005
I'm unusually bored.

tony_buttons is an unknown quantity at this point
200 does sound way cheap...If you trust him I would do that. Its easily 2-3 times that much.
Old 11-04-2005
Registered!!

Thing is I do trust him, and if he'll do some kind of guarantee on it, that's what I'll do.

I've got my wheels/tires/amp/cd player/box/lights from him... So I've done some business with him.
Old 11-04-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Wait... is he selling you a hood with pins for $200 or is he charging you $200 for labor to install the hood and pins?

If he's charging you labor, you're getting ripped off. You could easily uninstall your oem hood and install a c/f hood in under 30 mins.

If he's charging you $200 for a C/F hood with pins, buy it if you trust the guy.... but first ask to see the hood.
Old 11-04-2005
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
and if its good quality, GROUP BUY on here. im sure if you could get like 10+ of those for 200+ shipping they will sell like hot cakes lol
Old 11-04-2005
Registered!!

He's saying $200 for the hood + pins + labor.
Old 11-04-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
nothing like I/h/e wil void ur warranty.. almost nothing will void it unless u swap turbo, or nos.. basically..
Old 11-04-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
What brand is this hood he's offering you? For $200 bucks, it might've been made in his kitchen. I wouldn't get a hood that wasn't from a reputable company unless it was like $10 because I don't want the hassle of some faded cf hood on my car making it look like garbage.

If it's a reputable company and he's just giving you a good deal, go for it and then put the rest in the bank.
Old 11-04-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by white2K2EX
What brand is this hood he's offering you? For $200 bucks, it might've been made in his kitchen. I wouldn't get a hood that wasn't from a reputable company unless it was like $10 because I don't want the hassle of some faded cf hood on my car making it look like garbage.

If it's a reputable company and he's just giving you a good deal, go for it and then put the rest in the bank.
Usually what happens with him, is he will sell the stuff for close to cost. He sells stuff WAY cheaper then any other audio place around, therefore he gets way more business. I think because he does this, he is just trying to keep returning customers.. I've bought all kinds of **** from him, so I'll check it out..

But anyways... What should I do with the rest of the $
Old 11-04-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Hmm... securing future business doesn't seem to explain the difference between $550+ and $200. Check out the brand for now.

As for the rest of your money, I'd say either get an intake or header. Actually, it doesn't look like your car is lowered, so I say get some springs and an intake.
Old 11-04-2005
sometimes i pee when i laugh

sivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to behold
i have a cf hood if u want it. i have had it in my basement sitting there for over a year and a half. i bought it for 375 and i never put it on. Prototype used it for a month for a few carshows like hin and whatever then i bought it off of him and never used it. u can have it but i dont have the pins... its "pin-prepped" already... its a dg motorsports one... or something... whatever...

or if someone else wants it then whatever... pm me... im not on here much during the day but i check my pm
Old 11-04-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sivikchik
i have a cf hood if u want it. i have had it in my basement sitting there for over a year and a half. i bought it for 375 and i never put it on. Prototype used it for a month for a few carshows like hin and whatever then i bought it off of him and never used it. u can have it but i dont have the pins... its "pin-prepped" already... its a dg motorsports one... or something... whatever...

or if someone else wants it then whatever... pm me... im not on here much during the day but i check my pm
Very intrested... PM Sent
Old 11-04-2005

sivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to behold
responded.

w00t
Old 11-04-2005

in case you were wondering y it was so cheap - i was dating the guy i bought it from.

ok. had to clear that up.

ps - word FROM the wise... dont hook up w. people from the same car forum as you... bad news... very competitive... lol